You're , Mate.

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“So… When you said that you were born in 2002…”

“1996…”

“So… When you said that you were half-”

I nodded, “I am 100% Vietnamese.”

“So… I am… we are… completely illegal.”

I laughed as I held up my hand with the couple ring, “I also have a boyfriend.”

Jungkook shrugged, “A lot can happen between now and the time I turn 20.”

I shook my head, “Not between us.”

“Jae Mi -  urgh… Jenny noona… Did you solve the case?”

“Yeah, around the time I left, the case was solved.”

“Will you be coming back? Just to visit or even do a career’s day talk?”

“Career’s day talk?”

“I’m just saying, once the boys know that you are a detective, they are going to join the police academy so fast, it’s not funny.”

I laughed, “Really? Being a detective isn’t easy. You have to see a lot of dead bodies and going to look at the autopsies are not fun. Although, our medical examiner is really good at telling jokes.”

Jungkook smiled at me and glanced over at the house ahead of us. It’s dark and I might have only been there once but inside that house is a woman who makes the best Korean food I have ever eaten. Your mind might forget but your gut never fails you.

I know that we’re in a middle of a conversation but why do I have a feeling that Jungkook is going to go right past his house?

So we continued walking… and walking and we walked right past his house. This kid still doesn’t want to come home? I stopped in my tracks and pretended to be shocked.

“Noona, can I have your numb–?”

“Oh! I think I dropped something in front of that house!”

I spun around on my heels and ran back to Jungkook’s house.

“What did you drop?” Jungkook panicked.

I crossed my arms and shook my head at him, “You.”

“Me?”

I looked up at his house, “I am dropping you off at your house.”

Jungkook started laughing, forcefully, “Ahahaha! Noona, you are so funny!”

I put my hands on Jungkook’s shoulder and smiled, “Stop trying to stall time. Get inside.”

“But noona…”

“How about you go into your house and go out to the balcony and when I see you up there, I will consider giving you my phone number?”

Jungkook pouted and despondently walked towards the gates of his house. He managed to waddle up to his door steps before turning around. I raised my hand and signalled for him to keep walking. Jungkook put his head down and walked into his house.

Amused at how gullible Jungkook is, I chuckled to myself before jogging away from his house. I pulled out my phone and texted Jong Hyun.

----------Messaging----------

JONG HYUN

JENNY

Oppa, can you get me someone’s phone number?

Hand phone or house?
Also, is this for personal use? Tsk. Tsk.

Possibly… kekeke…
His name is Jeon Jungkook and lives at *insert address here*.
He’s in his second year of high school.

 

His number is *insert number here*

Thanks oppa!

------End of messaging-----

I saved Jungkook’s number into my phone and was about to text him when I heard an echo.

“Noona! Where are you?”

“I should probably send that message to him before he loses hope in the police force or women in general,” I chuckled to myself.

-----Messaging-----

JUNGKOOK

JENNY

 

Do your homework. I am always watching…  - Jenny noona

Noona! Is that really you?! You are so cool!!!
Where did you go? You said to meet when I got to the balcony.

Important messages only, Jungkook ah~

I am loving  the nickname you gave me!
Noo~ na~ Saranghae!

I like you when you study!~

Neh! I will study now!

------End of messaging-----

“Good night noona!”

I smiled softly before running off home. A girl, no matter how well trained she is in different martial arts style, shouldn’t be out so late.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~