Webs.

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“Holy crap…”

Seung Heon bent down and reached into the secret compartment in the ground. Gosh, I sure hope that’s not what I think it is…

I curled my fingers into a fist and covered my mouth with the back of my hand, “What is it?”

Seung Heon sighed, “It is what it looks like. That’s a jar full of blood.”

That better be fake blood or at the worst, animal blood.

~~~~~~Half an hour later~~~~~~

“I’m not happy with the fact that you two broke into Han So Ri’s house but-” Team leader Bae put his hands on his waist, “I am proud that you two did. How did you two know that there would be something hidden in the ground?”

“We figured that if it was really a Slender man copycat, he would have tried to traumatise our victims beforehand. Knowing that Han So Ri had some previous experiences with being harassed, she would have left some evidence,” you answered.

“Yeah, not wanting the killer to find it, she probably hid it underneath the floor board,” Seung Heon elaborated.

“Hyung, there were also some paper underneath the jar of blood, what did they say?”

Team leader Bae beckoned a crime scene officer to come to us.

“Neh, team leader Bae.”

“What did the notes beneath the jar say?”

“They were confession letters, sir.”

My eyes widened, “Confession letters?”

The officer nodded, “Handwritten and emailed. She printed them out.”

The murderer sent her confession letters? That cannot be good…

“Bring them over here.”

The officer went off to fetch the evidence.

“Where’s Kwangsoo hyung?”

“He and his fiancée are picking out some things for their wedding.”

Right… he’s engaged to the librarian. I can’t believe Kris and I technically set them up.

“Here’s the evidence, sir.”

The handwritten letter, from a distance looks like a genuine love letter. Calming pale blue, bordered with floral decorations and beautiful handwriting.

But close up, it was one heck of a creepy letter.

My love, Han So Ri.

My love for you is eternal. Since you don’t want to spend this lifetime with me. We will be able to spend our next lifetime together… very soon.

From your love, S.

I covered my mouth with my palm.

“S for Slender man…” Seung Heon mumbled.

“This note is handwritten, lets see if we can match the handwriting with any of our suspects,” Team leader Bae ordered.

“Yes sir.”

“Um… you two can stay around if you want, I’m going to check up on the evidence.”

“Neh.”

Seung Heon led me away from everyone, “I don’t know about you but I am really suspecting that Kang Jun Hyun guy.”

“Kang Jun Hyun? I thought we cleared him.”

“I know but…” Seung Heon hesitated.

“What?”

Seung Heon pulled out his phone and went into his photo gallery. Rather than it being filled with warm family photos, it was filled with photos of the evidence.

“Look at this photo. I got it copied from Lee Chun Woo’s camera onto mine.”

The photo was Lee Chun Woo and his wife. They were showing off the room of their unborn child. Resting against the wall on top of the drawers was a bunch of stationary.

Seung Heon zoomed in on the stationary and pointed to the notepad.

“Oh would you look at that…”

The same calming pale blue colour and the floral decorations were similar.

“I knew I recognised that notepad from somewhere.”

“When did you…?”

Seung Heon smiled, “You weren’t the only one who did some extra research. I think that Kang Jun Hyun, being a door to door salesman would have been able to get into Lee Chun Woo’s house. Saying that he went to the same school as Lee Chun Woo probably made it easier for him to come inside. He probably took a few of these pages of the notepad as proof that he was inside Lee Chun Woo’s house.”

“That would have freaked Lee Chun Woo out…”

“Hey you two,” team leader Bae called out to us.

“Neh?”

“You two are officially no longer undercover. You two can go collect your things from the house and go home, your real home.”

“What? But we just discussed a few hours earlier-”

Team leader Bae put his hand up, “It’s okay. I think this evidence is enough and the students didn’t help out that much anyways. It’s better for us to just turn our efforts somewhere else.”

So… no more high school… no more Jungkook, Yeon Mi, Ji Won and Mr Georgalis… That’s going to be hard. Is it sad to say that I am getting really attached to this role? It’s like acting in the drama with Ken and Zelo all over again.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Seung Heon’s POV~~~~~

I slouched against the wall of the living room, unwilling to finish packing my things. I’ll miss this place. I’m going to miss eating meals at home with another person. I’m going to miss the times I drag Jenny up early to run with me. I’m pretty sure, it’s a habit to her now.

“I’m going to miss this place,” Jenny handed me a bowl of bibimbap and sat down beside me, “We need to clean out all the food from the fridge.”

I chuckled and put a spoonful of bibimbap into my mouth.

“And we won’t be burning off the calories with our early morning runs… Not that I will miss it.”

“Is that so?” I asked with my mouth full of food.

Jenny laughed and stared off somewhere, “I really didn’t think it would end this quickly. I mean, I wanted the case to have been solved while we were still students. It would have given me time to explain it to my friends.”

I offered Jenny a spoonful of bibimbap and she accepted it, “Thanks.”

“You can talk to them once the case is over,” I tried to reassure Jenny, “Keep work and personal life separate.”

“You got a point…” Jenny yawned.

“You tired?”

Jenny looked at me with her eyes half opened, “Kind of.”

“Go to sleep, I’ll finish packing.”

She shook her head slowly, “I’ve already packed my pillow, I can’t sleep anyways.”

You turned to her and smiled, “You can rest your head on my shoulder if you want. When you fall asleep, I’ll lay you down and finish packing.”

“That’s not really necessary…”

I reached my arm across Jenny and nudged her head onto my shoulders, “You’re about to nod off anyways. I’d rather a sleeping Jenny than a Jenny who is half asleep and messes up the whole packing process.”

“I’m not going to mess up the whole packing process.”

“Yeah, that’s because you’re going to be asleep.”

“You sure you don’t need my help?”

I laughed, “I’m a strong, capable man. I can do this blind folded.”

Jenny sighed before giving in, lightly resting her head on my shoulders.

The thought of Jenny always sleeping by my side is a nice thought. I would boast about her to my family and they would accept her with open arms. We would go on a lot of dates together, each new place will be more enjoyable than the previous. If we have an argument during the day, by the time we cook dinner, we would have made up.

Jenny, when this case is over, please stay by my side and let me protect you.

~~~~~End of Seung Heon’s POV~~~~~