You Made Me Who I Am.

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~Seung Heon’s POV~~~~~

I don’t understand what it is about her that I am so attracted to. She’s not a weak person but I want to protect her. She’s an independent woman but I want to provide everything for her. She’s always looking at the positive things in life but I want to be the person who gives her the reason to always be so positive.

I am really falling for her but she’s already got a man. Her two hour long video calls, that outing she had when we were undercover and then the couple ring that appeared after that. She didn’t seem too happy when she made that phone call…

I can’t tell whether or not I should back off or try to get her to notice me…

“Have a nice day,” the waitress bowed.

I looked over at Jenny, who was putting her wallet back into her bag.

“Hey, I said that I was going to pay for it.”

Jenny shook her head, “You seemed to be in deep thought. You can pay next time if you want. Think of this as a way of me thanking you for looking after me the past two-three months.”

“No… I have to pay. I said I would.”

Jenny patted my hand, “You prepared breakfast, packed lunch and cooked dinner. Not to mention you have become my personal trainer when you forced me to go on runs with you on the weekends.”

“I didn’t force you,” I joked, “You went willingly.”

Jenny laughed, “Yeah, you’re right.”

~~~~~End of Seung Heon’s POV~~~~~

Sitting a safe distance away from you and Seung Heon, was that certain individual that hid behind the comfort of their surgical mask.

“Here’s your coffee, sir.”

Removing his surgical mask, he thanked the waitress. He reached out for his cup of coffee but before grabbing it, he retracted his arms to remove the gloves on his hand.

The waitress pointed at the camera, hanging on the back of his chair, “I really love your camera, is that the newest one?”

He smiled at the waitress, “Yes, do you want look at it?”

He reached for the camera with his left hand.

“That’s a really big tattoo to have on your hand,” the waitress pointed out, “Must be someone really important.”

The person laughed and nodded, “Yeah. This person with the initials ‘J.N’ is really important to me. She made me the person I am today.”

The waitress looked at him in awe, completely smitten by him. Smiling at the waitress, he quickly glanced over at you and for a slight second, his eyes hardened.

“I’m sorry, can I please get this coffee ‘on the go’? I think I’m late for an appointment.”

----------------------------------------

You and Seung Heon walked back into the office and Kwangsoo approached you two.

“Have you two seen files on the contents of Kang Jun Hyun’s computer? I have been looking for it since I got back from lunch and I can’t kind it anywhere.”

You shrugged, “Sorry oppa, we just got back from lunch.”

“Do you think unit A might have something to do with it? They still think that this is their case despite throwing it away to us,” Seung Heon suggested.

“Possibly. They do have access to our offices but… I don’t think they would take it without asking. Kim Soo Ro might be cold but he does things by the book.”

You threw your bag on your chair and put on your ID, “Let’s go take a field drip to unit A’s office, shall we?”

Without any hesitation, you head off to the elevator.

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

The elevator door opens to unit A’s floor. I stepped outside and observed the area. The person who caught my attention wasn’t inside the office but someone rushing to the emergency stair case. They must have been in a rush or they the socialising type.

By that, I meant that they were wearing gloves as they ran off. Not your typical latex gloves used to analyse evidence. They were made out of cotton and a creamy colour. Poor guy must be super allergic to things then… Those must be special gloves or something to that same effect.

“What brings the Vietnamese kid over here?” Kim Soo Ro asked.

I sighed, “The contents of Kang Jun Hyun’s computer. Where is it?”

“I didn’t take it.”

Sceptical, I crossed my arms and questioned him again, “Without the lying this time, where is it?”

“You listen here, kid. I may not like you but I follow the rules like the Bible so don’t you come onto my turf and accuse me of taking your evidence.”

Kim Soo Ro crossed his arms and pushed his shoulders back, “Now, what I can tell you is that I did ask one of my data analysts to go down there and ask for it but when he went down there, every one of you were out enjoying your little lunch break.”

“Wait, so you’re telling me that it went missing when we were out to lunch?”

“Or it could be the usual, and one of you lost it,” Kim Soo Ro brushed us off, nonchalantly.

I probably should have thought about this more… I am so confused right now that I can’t think of any good comebacks.

“Judging on how silent you are, you know that you need to do re-evaluate the security on your side.”

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~