She Wouldn't...

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~Kris’ POV~~~~~

“Jae Mi ah.”

I continued watching the screen after Jenny ran off to open the door to let her “brother” come in.

I’m guessing she accidentally clicked the minimise button rather than the close button.

“Your friend is here to help you get better!”

That boy must be Jungkook. Why is he here by himself? Does he like Jenny or something? I thought Jenny mentioned two other girls in the group… My stomach felt heavy as I continued watching the screen.

“Your duty as my friend?”

“Must be some kind of illness if you can’t recognise who your friend is.”

“I’ve never had any friends in high school…”

That’s true… Jenny told me she didn’t have a lot of friends in high school. I’m guessing the whole thing that happened with Fiona made it hard for her to trust someone again. I guess it was harder on her because of me, because I stupidly followed Fiona. Because of all the things that have happened back then, it made Jenny’s high school experience a not so enjoyable one.

“Speaking of which, what is your number?”

What?! He’s hitting on her right in front of me! He’s hitting on her right in front of her supposed older brother. What is the meaning of this?

“I think she feels so much better that you can leave now.”

She laughed as her “older brother” pull the kid to the side by the collar. A young teenage boy having a crush on her…She must be enjoying this. Must be like the days when she was in Alpha and fans adored her.

“Sunbae-nim, can I please take Jenny out? It’s not a date or anything. I just want to show her around.”

Yeah, well it better be just that.

“Oppa, I’ll be fine. I’ll be home before 7pm.”

You better be home before 6pm. Don’t you have homework to do or something? If you do undercover work, you have to do it right.

After Jenny left the house with the boy, I didn’t close the window just to know Detective Baek Seung Heon better. He is living with my girlfriend, I think I have the right to get to know him better.

“I guess you won’t be back for dinner then…” Seung Heon sighed before taking off his shirt.

Um… Does he do that often? Just take of his shirt and show off his muscles? Wow… he is really toned. Are we really the same age? Damn...

I know Jenny isn’t the superficial type but what if… I mean, she sees him almost 24/7 and he’s nice to her and what if…

No, no. Jenny would never do that. It’s insulting to Jenny if I think that. I can’t think that. Jenny wouldn’t do that to me. I know Jenny, she wouldn’t do that.

~~~~~End of Kris’ POV~~~~~

~~~~~Seung Heon’s POV~~~~~

I scratched the back of the neck and sat down on the sofa. Jenny’s gone off to probably find out more about the case and I am just sitting here doing nothing. No point cooking dinner since Jenny’s not coming home…

I’ve only been living with her for a little bit over a week and I already have the habit of wanting to eat healthy. I only make healthy meals because she needs to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I turned to the left and pulled out my phone. I held the phone in front of my face, anticipating for a phone call or a text message from anyone or anything.

“Jenny, can you just come home already?” I complained as I shook my phone.

I stood up and walked over to the computer and sat down in front of it. I don’t understand how Jenny can just sit in front of this thing all day. The chair isn’t even that comfortable… How does she manage to just sit here all day and yet be able to run 50 metres is less than 7.5 seconds?

I moved the mouse around and the screen went off sleep mode. I logged out of Jenny’s video chat and logged into mine to get in contact with the cyber crime unit to see if they have found anything new.

“Yo Jae Hyun! What’s up? How’s school?” Kwangsoo hyung greeted me.

“Very funny. I just called to get an update on the case. Anything from your side of the investigation?”

“Nothing really. Unit A thinks we have made a mistake by sending you two undercover and they are waiting for you two to stuff up so please, be careful.”

“We will. But can you check something for me?”

“Sure, I’ll get Jong Hyun on.”

Jong Hyun face appeared on the screen and he grinned, “What do you need?”

“Jenny mentioned something about the victims possibly being involved in a bullying incident. Any records of the victims being bullying or showing any signs of being violent?”

Jong Hyun typed away, “Like I said before, there are no records of the victims displaying violent pasts. These people so are clean, they give us good guys a run for our money.”

“I’m pretty sure there has to be something else…” Kwangsoo panicked.

“Hyung, you were right. After some… unconventional searching, and a lot of very vague and broad searches, it seems like there have been…” Jong Hyun leaned closer to the screen, “a few online posts about our first victim, Han So Ri. Unfortunately, these posts have been deleted and I cannot recover them.”

“Is there anything you can do?”

Jong Hyun pouted and continued typing, “The comments were posted up by username: Jun-Non who I traced back to someone living in the Gangnam area. The person living there at the time was a student...”

Student? So Jenny’s bullying lead was right. I should tell her when she gets home.

“Student’s name is Kang Jun Hyun. He graduated high school in 2014 and is currently a door to door salesman for AK Insurance and unfortunately, I have nothing else.”

“Good job Jong Hyun. Thanks Seung Heon for the lead. Team Leader Bae and I will go and interview Kang Jun Hyun. Jong Hyun, send his address to my phone.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Seung Heon, can you ask Jenny on what else she knows or what else she can find out about the bullying case? We don’t know if she’s the bully or the victim yet so make sure you and Jenny ask around.”

So this must be like a case where the victim of the bullying has come back for their revenge. A lot of information can be hidden and stashed away with a few cheques…

~~~~~End of Seung Heon’s POV~~~~~