Oh No...

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

The case had went cold for the past week. Seung Heon attempted to interview the third year students but no one knew anything about it. With no actual evidence of bullying occurring, Seung Heon is interviewing the parents again.

I decided to go with Kwangsoo to the second victim’s house to search her belongings for anything that might link this to a bullying case.

Combing through the books on her shelf, I tried to look for any diaries that were hidden.

“So what’s up with you and Kris?” Kwangsoo quizzed.

“Well, I have finally moved my bed into his apartment which means that I can now call his apartment, ours.”

“I know that but what’s up with you and Kris, in relationship to Seung Heon?”

I straightened up my back and turned around to face Kwangsoo who was looking around the girl’s table, “What is that supposed to mean?”

Still avoiding eye contact with me, Kwangsoo continued searching the table, “You know… well… um… I know it’s bad but I’ve been shipping you and Seung Heon together.”

“What? Me and Seung Heon oppa?”

Typical Kwangsoo to ship two people together.

“He’s like your work husband, he looks after you so well. It’s cute. We both know Kris, he can get a bit jealous.”

Turning my body to face the shelf again, I continued on with the conversation, “If Kris oppa thinks that I’m going to initiate a relationship Seung Heon oppa, then he doesn’t know me at all.”

On the lowest shelf, three A5 sized books were placed in line with the A4 sized books on the shelf. I lightly kicked the three books and they maintained their position in the line.

“You and Kris are my OTP but you and Seung Heon are another ship I like to observe.”

Shaking my head, I crouched down and pulled the three books out to reveal a diary.

“Enough about my relationship. I just found Shin Shi Eun’s diary.”

Flicking through the pages to the latest entry, I noticed that a lot of her diary entries included Korean slang which I could not decode. Handing the book over to Kwangsoo, I asked him to translate the diary entry.

That ****, Seung Yeon! She thinks that she interned at some fashion company when she was 15 that she can stomp all over me? That ****! How dare she reject my work and call it a knock off! If she says that I can’t go anywhere in the fashion industry then she will have to stay there with me. I will ruin her!

“She didn’t jump off because she wanted to ruin this Seung Yeon’s reputation, did she?” Kwangsoo questioned.

“She did seem very upset with this Seung Yeon person.”

“Oh! There are other entries with Seung Yeon. They start the same time this dairy starts, one month ago.”

I sighed and looked around her room, “Okay, let’s find her other diaries.”

“Hello?”

I turned around to see Kwangsoo talking on the phone.

“Yepp, I will hand the phone to Jenny.”

--------Phone call--------

Me: Hello?
Jong Hyun: Hey Jenny, I managed to go through all the emails belonging to our three victims and it seems like they were all bad-mouthing this girl, Baek Seung Yeon.

Me: We found Shin Shi Eun’s diary and… there were a lot of expletives.

Jong Hyun: *laughs* Just wait until I send you the chat logs. If Seung Yeon is as mean as they make her out to be, then these girls were no different.

Me: Okay, I’ll wait for them.

Jong Hyun: I have also managed to track down this Baek Seung Yeon. She has a habit of not staying at one place for long. I will send you her latest address.

Me: Thanks.

--------End of phone call-------

I don’t get it… This case is really weird. I don’t understand why they those girls would commit suicide… Nothing here points to them being bullied.

Handing the phone back to Kwangsoo, I furrowed my brows, “Something isn’t right…”

“What did Jong Hyun say?”

“He suggests that I go ask Seung Yeon some questions.”

“Do you want me to go with you?”

“Nah, I’m going to send Seung Heon the address and we can meet up there,” I replied.

I shook my head as Kwangsoo grinned, “Don’t go there oppa.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stepping off the bus, I glanced down at my phone to confirm the directions to Baek Seung Yeon’s house.

“It cannot be safe for a girl to have to walk down so many alleyways to her house…” I mumbled to myself as I turned right to walk down the main street to the first of many alleyways.

I finally reached the small house, which was on an incredibly steep hill, and searched around the gates to see if anyone was home.

I knocked on the metal gate. “Baek Seung Yeon-sshi! Baek Seung Yeon-sshi, are you home?!” I called out.

After several attempts, I decided to give it a break. Maybe she’s working right now, I should probably wait until Seung Heon gets here and have a stake out. I let out a despondent sigh and moved to the house across to hers and crouched on the ground.

“I might be waiting for…” My heard turned sharply to the moving branches from the trees leaning on the gate from inside the property.

Still keeping my eyes on the trees, I tugged on my shoelaces tightly and cautiously raised myself off the ground.

What happened next was a blur, literally, because the girl hopped off the tree and bounced off into another road.

“Baek Seung Yeon! This is the cybercrime unit, stop running!” I commanded as I ran after her.

The fact that she was already at the last 10 metres of a 50 metre alleyway, when I just turned into it, hurt my ego a little. No one has ever outrun me that quickly… not a normal civilian…

By the time I reached one alleyway, she was already down another narrow road. I was glad that this neighbourhood was quite because it was the echo of her shoes that kept me on her trail.

I chased her to the end of the many alleyways and turned right onto a slightly wider road. My slightly bruised ego encouraged me to dark deeper breaths and longer strides, and it worked because the gap was slowly (very slowly) closing in on her.

“YOU! STOP RUNNING!”

It wasn’t until I reached the steeping part of the road that I noticed that she was heading straight onto a busy main road. I also noticed that she had no intentions to slow down either. Suddenly, I see Seung Heon blind side her from behind the corner shop and falling to the ground.

“OPPA!” I cried out once I reached Seung Heon and the girl, both still in a daze from the impact with the ground, “Are you okay?!”

“I think I’m fine…” Seung Heon groaned.

I pulled the girl off Seung Heon and cuffed her hands.

“Yah detective, if I’m bruised anywhere, I will sue you,” the girl threatened.

“Cooperate with me unless you want to be charged with obstruction of justice.”

Seung Heon quickly sprung to his feet and grabbed the girl by the shoulder and spun her around to face him. His eyes were wide and red, and his breathing got heavier.

The girl cowered away from Seung Heon, “O… o… oppa…”

“Jenny… take the cuffs off her…” Seung Heon kept his eyes on the girl. “She’s… she’s my sister.”

Oh no…

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~