Who Are You?

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~~~~~~A few days later~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

Despite being fully recovered from my migraine, Seung Heon suggested that I should stay at home but hey, I am not going to object to that.

“Are you sure you are completely okay? You shouldn’t be up so late.”

Kris is still lecturing me about being healthy.

“You didn’t get any migraines when you were an idol… take lots of rests today okay?”

Like a child getting told off by their parent, I nodded every time there was a pause.

“Don’t lay on your stomach, it’s bad for your back.”

I laughed, “It’s fine. I’m fine. It’s only for today.”

“Besides the fact that you did not pay any attention to your health, how’s the case going?”

Finally a change in the conversation.

“There hasn’t been any big break in the case, it’s not like the crime shows where you solve a case in two weeks and move on. I was working on a malignant code but yeah, I had to take a break.”

“Malignant code?”

“A virus basically. Don’t start jumping to conclusions that I am a bad person!” I joked.

Kris chuckled, “You kept me in the dark last time.”

I shrugged, “I am going to have to keep you in the dark because this is technically classified stuff.”

Eyebrows knitted together, Kris pursed his lips together. I could tell that something was bothering Kris. What it was, I wasn’t sure. It could be a lot of things; living with another man who wasn’t related to me, not being to talk to him that much, not being able to meet him at all… I feel really sorry for him.

*Beep Beep*

“Wait a sec, I got a message.”

I reached for my phone and swiped the screen.

To: Jenny
From: Jae Hyun oppa

Jae Mi, your “friend” is coming over…

“Oh shoot!”

“What’s wrong?”

“A student from school is coming over… I kind of have to go, sorry.”

I pouted. Hoping that Kris would not get upset because I was acting cute.

“Okay, we’ll talk some other time. I love you.”

I quickly turned my head as I heard the front door rattle.

“Love you too!”

I quickly closed the video chat window and leaped off my bed to get to the door.

“Jae Mi ah,” Seung Heon called out as the door slides open.

“Your friend is here to help you get better!” Jungkook butted in.

“Thanks but I think I’m fine.”

Jungkook skipped over to my side, “I have to check up on you. It’s my duty to do that.”

“Your duty as my friend?”

Jungkook laughed, “Must be some kind of illness if you can’t recognise who your friend is.”

I scratched the back of my neck, “I’ve never had any friends in high school…”

Jungkook smiled, “It’s only the start of our second year of high school. You’ll make more friends. I am pretty sure that there are already a few male classmates who are waiting to get your number.”

No thank you… I already have a man.

“Speaking of which, what is your number?”

Seung Heon scoffed and grabbed Jungkook by the neck of his shirt, “I think she feels so much better. You can leave now, smooth talker.”

I laughed as Seung Heon dragged Jungkook out of the house.

“Oppa, he just came. You can’t just kick him out.”

“Sunbae-nim, can I please take Jenny out? It’s not a date or anything. I just want to show her around.”

Wow, kids these days are really upfront these days…

Seung Heon looked at me for reassurance.

“Oppa, I’ll be fine. I’ll be home before 7pm.”

Jungkook grinned as I ran to my room to grab my bag.

“So what are some fun places to go to around here?” I asked as Jungkook lead me out of the house.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I leaned closer to Jungkook and took a sip out of my drink, “So were there any infamous people in our high school? Any kingkas or queenkas?”

Jungkook shrugged, “I’m not sure… that topic isn’t really in my territory.”

It’s been over a week but I have got nothing out of these students. The victims all graduated before these kids even got into the school. They have never interacted with each other. I am really questioning the whole undercover operation right now.

“You seem nervous, what’s wrong?”

“I’m so curious…”

Ahahaha, SHINee reference. Is it too far back for Jungkook to remember?

“I just wanted to know how your whole anti-bullying policy came about because you know, because of my mixed background, bullying is a touchy subject to me.”

“Ahhh…”

“Oh - Where are Yeon Mi and Ji Won?” I asked.

“They are in Apgujung watching a music show,” Jungkook answered, “Do you want to watch a movie?”

“A movie? Last week you got us all together to have a movie marathon and now you want to see another movie?”

“We’re young, we can’t spend the prime time of our lives cooped up at home studying.”

I crossed my arms on the table, “You need to study right now to ensure that your future is bright. You can’t just sit here hanging out with friends and watching music shows. You guys need to study right now.”

“What does it matter, I can just enlist in the army after high school.”

“Aish, this kid-”I stood up and kicked my bag up to my hands, “Come on, let’s go home, get our things, and go to the after school classes together.”

Jungkook slowly shook his head in awe, “I have never met a girl who has ever talked to me like that before… Who are you?”

I wish I knew, kid. I wish I knew.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~