Don't Worry.

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~Kris’ POV~~~~~

“You have to go undercover? Is it going to be dangerous? What do you have to do exactly? How long?”

Jenny bit her bottom lip and fidgeted with our couple ring.

“Yes I have to. It’s at a high school, so you tell me. I’m just going to be a high school student and I don’t know for how long.”

Jenny grabbed my hand, “Don’t worry, we can always video chat or email each other. Think about it, if I were still an idol, we would have dated like this. It’ll take six months, maximum.”

Jenny’s got a point; we would have to date in secret if she were still an idol, especially because she was a minor back then. Whoa, that made me sound like pedo…

“If it’s for work, there’s nothing we can do. Just don’t go looking at those high school boys,” I joked.

Jenny put her fists on her waist and playfully frowned at me, “I don’t like younger guys.”

I wrapped my arms around Jenny’s waist and smiled, “Well that’s good for me then, isn’t it?”

I am so lucky to meet her again. It feels so strange thinking about never seeing her again. When my parents finally meet her, they’ll understand why I waited so long. They’ll understand that she’s the one.

Jenny put her arms around my neck and jumped up to give me a kiss.

*Buzz!* “Hey Kris, we’re here now.”

“I’ll get it, I need all the hugs I can get before I go undercover. You check up on food.”

I nodded and headed off to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So are you two… co-living in this apartment now?” Shin Ah asked.

“No, it’s just that Kris oppa’s apartment is bigger,” Jenny answered.

“Big enough for you guys to start a family?” So Yeon teased.

“We’ve only technically started dating.”

Tao put his hand on my shoulder, “Jenny ah, he waited six years for you. He’s a keeper.”

Jenny put her hand in mine and smiled bashfully, “Of course.”

“You two look so sweet together. I ship this so much!” Ji Hae squealed.

“I know, I can’t believe that people used to ship Jenny and Ken from VIXX,” Sammy shook her head.

Ah Ken… I remember him. I remember being so jealous of him and Jenny because I knew that if she met him first that she would like him. He was so nice to her while I was making accusations about her being a danger to society.

I could have lost the chance to be with Jenny. Her coming here was like a second chance for me. I can’t do anything to push her away.

“Poor Kris oppa, looks so worried,” Shin Ah laughed.

I faked a yawn and stretched my arms out in front of me, “Sorry, I’m just tired.”

It might have been my brain playing tricks on me but I started to yawn for real, making my eyes go watery.

Tao clapped his hands together, “Alright, that is a signal for us to leave.”

Ji Hae got up from her seat and went over to Jenny and gave her a hug, “It was really awesome to see you again, unni! We’ll see you after your case.”

“We can also video chat. We can all video chat once in a while. I’ll probably get bored with all the homework that I have to do.”

“Group hug!” Sammy shouted out as everyone stood up to hug Jenny.

I stood up but I didn’t walk over to Jenny. All I could do was look down at the table and rub my hands together. I really don’t want Jenny to leave for a few months. It’s really selfish of me, I know, but she’s only been here less than a month and now she has to go off somewhere? Not to mention the fact that SM Town world tour is in two months. We won’t have any time to talk to each other.

“Jenny ah, remember to come back to the office at 5AM, ” Kwangsoo stated, “we need to draft you about your assignment and we need to take photos for some ‘official’ documents.”

“Neh oppa.”

“Okay, we are leaving!” Min Jung announced.

“Yah! Help us clean up,” Jenny demanded.

“Why? We came here for dinner, not to clean up,” Kwangsoo reasoned before grabbing his jacket and dashing to the door behind Tao and the Alpha members.

“Have fun cleaning up!”

The door slammed shut, “I guess it’s just you and me then.”

Jenny started carrying the dishes to the kitchen sink.

I sighed, “I hope so.”

Jenny put down the dishes in the sink and spun around, “Okay, so what’s wrong? I’ve been noticing that you blanked out for the whole of dinner.”

“Nothing, I’m just… tired.”

Jenny raised her eyebrows, “You’re lying to me.”

I bit my bottom lip, “You got me.”

“I’m a cop, it’s hard to lie to me. So really, what’s up?”

“I’ve just been thinking about how we won’t be getting to see each other for a really long time. I know we could always video chat but it feels weird to tell each other personal things through the world wide web.”

Jenny laughed, “Aww… is this what you’ve been worried about? I’ve told you already, if we were idols, we would have had to do this to because you would be constantly travelling back and forth between Korea and China.”

Jenny pursed her lips together, “I’m a detective, Kris. I chose this kind of life: the long hours, the risk of being hurt, the fact that I can’t confide in you about the problems at work.”

She placed her hands on my chest and gave me an apologetic smile, “If I had known that you remembered what happened, I would have…” she hesitated, “I would have become an idol.”

Jenny intertwined her fingers with mine, “But since that is not the case, we’re going to have to go through those hurdles, but you know what? It’s going to be okay. We’re going to get through this. If I have a problem, you will be the first person I go to. You will be the first person I email and you will be the first to know.”

I leaned down and gave Jenny a kiss, “I love you.”

Jenny smiled on the kiss, “I love you, too.”

We pulled away from the kiss and Jenny sighed, “As much as I would love to stay and help you with the dishes, I have an early day tomorrow, so…”

I smirked, “so… you can always sleep in my spare room.”

Jenny scoffed before turning to the sink and picking up a sponge.

~~~~~End of Kris’ POV~~~~~~