Missing Pieces of a Puzzle.

Don't Lie to Me

Before you read this chapter, you should read Chapter 43 of I Lied That!, to know what the creep did and Chapter 62 to know what really happened, compared to the dream.

~~~~~~~Dream~~~~~~~

“So, do you have any last words to say before I get rid of you?” Fiona asked.

“Do you have anything original to say or are you just taking all these lines out of the ‘Big Band Villain’ handbook?’

“THE FLOWER WILL BLOOM!”

The creep lunged towards you with his right hand raised above his head. You dodged to the right and grabbed his left arm, twisted it behind his back, and pressed down on his wrist.

“My main motive today was to get rid of you. Since the stalker couldn’t get rid of you, I guess I have to do it myself.”

You looked into Fiona’s eyes one last time and certain that there was nothing human about her anymore, you prepared yourself for her attacks.

Unlike what really happened, in your dream, you lost the battle, falling to the ground from a hard blow to the side of your neck.

“This time round, my fan will destroy you,” Fiona smirked as she kicked you onto your back, “I. Will. Win.”

~~~~~~End of dream~~~~~~

You gasped as you jerked forward in the seat of your car, hitting the window in the process. You rubbed your neck and tried to differentiate yourself from your dream state.

“That was definitely not how things went…” you groaned as you attempted to replay the dream in your head.

Your head cocked to the side, “Why did I dream about Fiona and that creep?”

A repetition of “The flower will bloom” was mutter from your lips.

Seung Heon tapped on the window of your car and you jumped in your seat. Your eyes wide open, your hands frantically moved around the car, you shouted out, “The flower will bloom!”

Seung Heon ran to the passenger side of the car, “Jenny, are you okay?! Open the door!”

Finally coming to your senses, you unlocked the doors.

Seung Heon got into the car and cupped your face with his hands, “Hey, are you okay?” Pushing your hair away from your face, he stared into your eyes, “Jenny, are you alright?”

You grabbed his hands and brought them back down to his lap, “I’m fine but I need to tell you something and you might think I’m a little bit crazy.”

Seung Heon let out a small laugh to try and reassure you, “Believe in your gut feeling.”

You shuffled around in your seat and took a deep breath, “I think maestro might be using cases to come after me.”

“How?”

“He’s trying to send messages to me through the cases.”

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“Who is he?”

I looked up at Seung Heon with my lips tightly pursed together. How do I tell him about what happened between me and Fiona without frying his brain out? This is ridiculous. I only have 100 pieces in a 1000 piece puzzle… Even thinking about explaining it to him is making my brain do tumble turns in my head.

“I never caught his name but he was my friend’s stalker back when I was in high school. He was quite a hacker back in the day and I guess he saw me as a person who got in the way of his stalking.”

“We should interview your friend. They might be able to help us find maestro.”

I closed my eyes and fell back into my seat. This is so complicated to explain. I can’t even gather my thoughts up properly.

I opened my eyes to the feel of Seung Heon’s hand resting on my shoulder, “Whatever you got to do, I’ll do it with you. My sister is being a nuisance at the police station.”

I let out a weak laugh, “Thanks for just going along with what I say.”

“I think I have to, the men at the police station are sick of hearing how poorly designed the uniform is.”

This time, my laugh was a bit louder and brighter but it was short lived when something struck me. If the creep is trying to mess with me, he would try to affect the people around me, including Seung Heon. And in order to affect Seung Heon, he would go after Seung Heon’s family, which in this case is his sister.

And since he is a hacker… he would target her devices.

“Okay, I think I have a way to prove your sister’s innocence.”

I smiled as Seung Heon pulled me into a hug.

“Really?! You do! That’s great!”

I pulled away from the hug and looked Seung Heon dead straight into his eyes, “But you cannot tell anybody.”

Seung Heon nodded, “I agree. If this maestro guy is the same guy that stalked your friend then we have a lot of work to do.”

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

Okay, I think I have a way to prove your sister’s innocence.” Your voice flowed out from his earpiece.

A gloved hand s its way around a camera and the sound of camera shutters began to quietly echo around the car park.

“You do, do you?” the person raised an eyebrow.

“ Really?! You do?! That’s great!”

“I wonder how your boyfriend would feel when you’re going around hugging your colleague so intimately?”

“But you cannot tell anybody.”

The person snickered, “Oooh, how angry do you think Kris will be when he sees these photos and hears you say that?”

With a smirk on his face, he watched as the photos of you and Seung Heon popped up on the tablet screen, “I also wonder how the official up top will feel about their two detectives starting a workplace romance…”

He quietly preyed on your car as your drove away.