Drinking at Noon

How Far Will We Go

"You're not allowed to be in here." Two security guards try to drag him out but Henry pulls away once again.

"I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!!" Henry screamed at the top of his lungs. His high-pitched voice echoed across the room and Aiden held his ears. His friend was definitely too loud. And always appearing at the wrong time. What was he going to say? Did he have sone documents saying it was okay to date?

The bald man didn't look amused. "Who might you be?"

"This man's friend." Henry points to a embarrassed Aiden. "We're roommates."

"Are you here to testify against them as well?" He asked Henry.

"Yes... Wait no. I want to defend them." Henry stuttered. "Stop forcing words into my mouth."

Aiden waved his hands at Henry in protest. Anyone but Henry. Even Yuri would work. Just not Henry. "Just go away. You're not helping."

Henry winked at Aiden. He straightened his back and confidently announced. "They aren't dating."

The board of directors murmured anongst their selves. Their eyes were on Henry. This information was new. Should they believe him?

"What evidence do you have to prove against that?"

Henry pulls up a photo. "Because they're engaged."

The audience gasps and you can hear Aiden's head slam onto the table in dismay. How stupid was Henry? THAT'S TELLING THEM THAT THEY WERE MUCH MORE THAN DATING. AND AIDEN DIDN'T EVEN PROPOSE YET.

"So it was worse..." The man sighs. "I'm afraid that means the two of you will be expelled from our university."

"WAIT WHAT?" Henry yelled, running up to the man seated in the front. "Expell both? Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?" Henry grabbed the collar of the dean and shook him fiercely. "What kind of you on you old fart!?!?"

Aiden quickly rushes to Henry and pulls him back. What were the security guards doing? Aiden glanced back to see Shannon occupying them with a damsel in distress. They were infatuated with her.

"Stop."

"Let me go bro and teach this grandpa a lesson."

"You'll get expelled too." Aiden slapped his friend's face. "Snap out of it."

"What are homies for? Now let go!" Henry fought against Aiden's grip. Henry glared at him. "You ain't getting expelled after trying so hard to get in bro!"

Aiden tapped Henry's shoulder. "It's fine. Just stop."

Henry lost all of his energy instantly. "But don't you want to graduate?"

"That's for another time." Aiden let go. He regretted that moment because Henry flung himself at the dean once more.

"Seriously." Aiden muttered as he pulled Henry off again.

"What? I didn't say I wasn't going to."

"Attention..." The flustered bald man glared at the two of them. His collar was rustled and his hair, or whatever was left, was matted in all directions. "Order in the court."

"What's he, a judge?" Henry mocked. "He's a dean."

"Shut up." Aiden dragged him back to the table with Jessica.

"With this new information..." The man glared at Henry. "We now know that these two are in an intimate relationship. Now, shall we look at the assignments."

The audience of faculty all nod. They flip their hefty packet to the next page to see Aiden's grades.

Aiden felt his face flush at all the confused stares he got form all of the faculty. His grades were all below average... Barely any marks were noteworthy to be called cheating. It was just sad to see how his grades actually reflected with his intelligence.

"What is going on? Are these the correct grades?" The man muttered. "Why are they so low?"

"Because these two were too bus-" Aiden slapped his hand on Henry's mouth.

"Shut up."

The man shook his head. "I think we've seen enough. You three and that girl in the back may leave. We will finish this discussion without you."

***

"What was that?" Aiden slapped Henry's back. "Did you hate me that much you wanted to get me expelled?"

"What? NO. THOSE OLD HAGS." Henry turned around but a buff man stood in between the door. "Never mind."

Aiden slid his hand into Jessica's. He gave her a warm squeeze and smile at her. "We'll be fine."

She nodded. But it was obvious that worry was taking over. "What if you get expelled too?"

Aiden thought for a moment. "Then I'd find a job."

"Where?"

"I don't know. I'd find work and marry you sooner." He grinned. She returned a small smile. She must be disappointed. "What? I'll still get you a big fancy ring, you know?"

"I don't need a fancy ring." She sighed as she looked back at the building. "Maybe I should go tell them that it was my idea."

Aiden frowned. "Does that mean you want a big ring or just one that's not fancy? I can't take your words for face value. There's some deeper meaning in them."

Jessica pressed her fingers on his lips. "You talk too much too. I can see why you two are best friends."

"Thank you?" Aiden raised an eyebrow. But she didn't answer his question. Big ring or does size not matter? He pouted at Jessica for not answering it.

"Let's go out to drink!" Henry threw his fist in the air with a scowl. "We need to drink this off."

"But's it's only 3 pm?" Aiden frowned at his friend. "Who drinks in the afternoon?"

"Us." Jessica walked past him with a determined expression.

Aiden was shocked as Jessica nearly dragged them down the street. Henry was eagerly following with Shannon being dragged by him.

"Um... But you said drinking is bad?"

Jessica pinched his lips together. "Mouth, close it for the next three hours."