Getting Wasted

How Far Will We Go

"Life ." Henry dropped his beer glass on the counter. One of many glasses compared to the nearly endless bottles of alcohol.

"Yes it does." Jessica agreed, sitting next to him, and just as drunk. Her eyes were drowsy. She would rest her head on the counter for a couple seconds before reaching for her next glass. She was ignoring Aiden for some reason. He didn't know why. She just kept talking to Henry and treated him as if he wasn't there.

"And it because of one person." Henry groans.

"Me too!"

Were they talking about him?

"Because he wasn't man enough to get you a ring." Henry grumbled. "All because of your empty hand!"

"Me?"

"Yes you." Henry frowned at her through closed eyes before checking that it was Jessica. "You..."

"What did I do?" She returned the frown. 

"You didn't ask for a ring."

"He tells you all this?"

"HE TELLS ME EVERYTHING!" Henry shouts, disrupting the other people who were relaxing at the bar.

Aiden glanced at Shannon, who was also trying to keep her patience. Aiden was sitting next to Jessica and Shannon was to Henry. The two sober friends gave each other a sigh before trying to get their significant other to go home.

"You're drunk. Let's go home." Aiden nagged Jessica, who turned to him with glaring eyes.

"You're not the boss of me. Ahjussi, another one!"

"Coming up." The grinning bartender reached for another bottle of beer.

"No, she doesn't need another one." Aiden politely refused. He sent him a very angry gaze, threatening if you will. If she drank another one, it would give her such a bad hangover. And he was sure that her roommate would make him stay the night to deal with her... mood...

"Yes I do." She brushed Aiden's face and pushed him back. "Do you know what I need?" She turned serious. She stared at Aiden with eyes that appeared as if she was in the right mind, not drunk, but sober.

"To wash up and sleep?" He asked hopefully. He reached to grab her jacket on the chair behind here.

"I need another beer." She playfully gestures for the bottle. Nope she was drunk. The bartender looks at Aiden who is shaking his head strongly. "Ignore him." She pushes Aiden's face back.

"Ah... Yes..." The bartender hands her the bottle which Aiden promptly takes. She turns to him with an unhappy expression.

"One more." Jessica pouts to Aiden. "One more and I'll go home."

He doesn't looked convinced. "Promise?" He holds up his pinky.

She gives an exaggerated nod.

He looks over to see if Henry was done. He was. Shannon was painfully dragging him out. She waved bye before almost dropping Henry. Well. She dropped Henry. But he didn't react so it probably didn't hurt.

He hands her the bottle but is reluctant to let go. She pinches his fingers off and thanks the bartender. He waves for the bartender to go away quickly. Then he grabs her jacket, getting ready to leave. She'd finish that bottle in less than a few minutes. That's how she downed the first.. how many bottles did they drink? Aiden tried to count. The bartender returned with a bill. Aiden slaps himself. Henry left without paying. And it was seven bottles. 

"Did you want to drink that bad?" He asked through his fingers after paying the bartender. 

"Mhm." She takes another swig. Her face wrinkles at the taste. Obviously it tasted bad. It was surprising to see Jessica try things she disliked. Maybe he could feed her a cucumber when she was drunk... Mental note, try that out later. 

"It doesn't taste bad? I thought you said beer tasted nasty." He massaged her frowning brow.

"It does. But I don't feel anything anymore." She shrugs looking at the bottle. Her eyes send an accusing glare as she raises her bottle to his face. "Did you drink some?"

"No, you drank all of it." He shakes his head. "You drank all of these bottles." He points to all the empty bottles.

"Did I?" She frowned before shaking to gauge how much was left in the bottle. Not much. She looked around the counter. "Where's the bartender?"

"He went home." Aiden lied.

"But the lights are still on." She tried to reason. "I don't get it, do bars keep their lights on?"

"Yes because of burglars." He gently wrapped his arms on both her shoulders. "You said you were done after that one, let's go!"

"There are people still here too?" She looks around to the older couple in the back. "They are customers too right?"

"They were waiting for us to close up. Let's go."

"Round two?" She gives him a cheeky grin. "Yeah yeah?"

"You have class tomorrow. Ah..." He shakes his head. "We need to tell our parents tomorrow. Do you want to be hungover when you talk to your dad?"

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Wrong, the answer's no." Aiden pulled her up. "I'll get you more from my room. Just go home now."

"Why don't we call him right now?" She pulls out her phone. "I think it's time we got our blessing right?"

"No... NO NO." Aiden tried to take the phone from her hand. It must have been very misleading because a person approached him. He pulled Jessica from Aiden and stood in front of Jessica.

"Excuse me, is there a problem?" The hooded boy asks. "Excuse me, miss are you okay? Is he bothering you?"

"Yes." Jessica glared at him.

"Oh... Smells like beer." The boy scowls and glares at Aiden. "I think we should visit the police station..."

"No, we don't." Aiden sighed, approaching Jessica.

Jessica extended her hand. "Stop." She dialed her father's number and waited.

"Could you stop her?" Aiden tried to walk up to Jessica but the boy stopped him. "She's not in the right mind."

"You too, you got her drunk in mid day... You stay here too. I'm calling the cops." The boy grabbed Aiden's arm and flipped him over onto the ground. Aiden winced as his arm was pulled way behind his back. 

"Daddy, we'll be at Seoul's XX station." Jessica said quickly as she hung up.

"Oh my god." Aiden mumbled into the ground.