A New Danger

How Far Will We Go

"You're worried about a girl stealing Jessica from you?" Henry sipped his coffee, which Aiden bought... bribed Henry to help him.

"Yes. Dude. She wouldn't stop." Aiden grabbed his hair in anger. "Why can't I just tell them to back off?"

"You can." Henry said while looking at his phone, not really interested.

"But if I do, it'll draw attention." Aiden sighed. He frowned at Henry. "Are you really playing a game while I'm telling you my dilemma?"

"Yes and no." Henry shook his head, still disinterested.

Aiden slammed his phone onto the table. "How do I fix this?"

"Fix what? Your perfect relationship with your girlfriend, whom you plan on marrying?" Henry rolled his eyes. "Just give yourself a break for one quarter."

"Dude that's not easy." Aiden sank into his chair in sadness. "We can only meet on weekends at her parent's house."

"Why her parent's house?" Henry asked.

"My dad is too keen on giving me extra protection. And my mom. She's treating her like her daughter-in-law already."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"I just want to spend time with her without having the hovering parents." Aiden saw in the corner of his eye Jessica and her roommate.

He gave a small wave to Jessica, who was seated looking at him. She gave a smile back before her attention went to her roommate.

"I want to go and hug her." Aiden played with his hands.

Then he saw Yuri approach Jessica's table.

"That girl is ridiculous." Aiden growled.

Henry pulled his friend from going over there. "Don't. There's many ways to fix this."

"How?" Aiden sat down with a scowl.

"Give Jessica a couple ring that she can wear so Yuri knows to back off." Henry suggests. "And wear the same ring of a different color or something."

"She won't want to." Aiden rested his head on his hand. "She thinks that we don't need to."

Henry pulled at his hair in frustration. "Why are you venting this all to me and throwing all my ideas away so easily?! Why am I even here?"

"Because you're my best friend. And if you want me to help you with your future wife, you need to help me with mine."

"I'm not as sensitive as you."

"Dude, you're more sensitive than me."

"... Okay maybe."

"Help me, help you." Aiden gave a grin. "I'll introduce you to the cute girl I met in math."

"How cute?"

"So cute you'd want to marry her." Aiden laughed.

"Ah. The guys want to play ball later, you up for it?" Henry picked up his phone to see the message.

"When?"

"Later."

"Sica said she was going to video chat with me later."

"Do it tomorrow." Henry dismisses. "A lot of good people are coming."

"Who?"

"Siwon, Changmin, all the super tall dudes."

"That doesn't mean they're good."

"Then come and play." Henry stood up. "I got class now, don't forget to swing by later."

Aiden nodded and got ready to leave hinself when a body sat in front of him. Yuri. She was everywhere.

"Yo."

"What's up?" Aiden sat back down.

"They say third times the charm."

"? What is?"

She winked. "I got dinner with Jessica."

"Really?" Aiden frowned. "How?"

"I just told her that I needed one-on-one help. She's helping me tomorrow."

"Did you say it was a date?" Aiden felt his insides crumble. He wanted to walk away. This girl was dangerous.

"Sort of. I think she got the jist." Yuri stood up. "Just wanted to tell you that I technically would have won that bet."

Aiden watched her leave and sighed. He looked to Jessica. She was also looking at him. He raised an eyebrow and she returned with a shrug.

"Call me later." He mouthed and she nodded.

***

"Why did you want to talk?" Jessica peered into the camera. She adjusted her laptop and also put on another top.

"Why'd you put that on?" Aiden protested.

"It's cold in here." Jessica explained, trying to show off the goosebumps on her arm.

"Oh. I would hug you if I could." Aiden sighed.

"Wait three months okay?" Jessica pouted. "I don't like this either."

"I know." Aiden leaned back onto his bed. "How was your day?"

"That girl keeps pestering me." Jessica appears angry. "I told her five times no."

"Five? She told me she got you to accept in three tries." Aiden frowned. He felt the air grow cold even though they were not physically together.

"Did you put her up to this?" Jessica questioned. Her voice was very angry.

"No I didn't. She said you were too pretty so she wanted to have dinner with you." Aiden explained, his habds raised in protest.

"Did you see her come up to me with my roommate? No sense of personal space." She rolled her eyes. "I really wish I could just tell her once and it'd be like telling her ten times."

"Me too. I just wish she would stop." Aiden agreed. "Did you really agree to dinner tonorrow?"

"Dinner? With Yuri?"

"Yeah. She bragged about it to me earlier at the cafe."

"I said I would help with her math homework... No dinner or anything." Jessica said.

"Well. Be careful. She looks like a player."

Suddenly Jessica burst into laughter. Her voice echoed into Aiden's room. "She looks like a player? You do too babe."

Aiden scratched his head. "I do?"

"It's because I was around keeping them away with my glare. You need to be more careful than me. That other girl was sending you hearts."

"Shannon?"

"Was that her name?" Jessica sounded indifferent.

"You should learn to like your students." Aiden teased. He waved at her roommate sitting in the back. "Looks like you're out of time today."

Jessica nodded. "See you on Saturday?"

"Yep." Aiden exited the call. He never felt this lonely before.

After their skiing trip, they decided to be focusing on school until the summer. And they forgot to mention the classes they were taking and teaching. Jessica had applied to help teach one of the math classes and Aiden decided to take one, it happened to be hers. And now this mess has erupted because of it. He couldn't switch out because all the other classes were full.

"This is going to be a sad quarter." Aiden muttered.