History of Us Part 3

How Far Will We Go

"Are you okay noona?" He asked.

Her first instinct was to slap him. He felt his cheek burn.

"What are you doing?" She managed olto say.

His freezes after realizing what he's done. He kissed her. His lips touched Jessica's lips. HE KISSED JESSICA JUNG. Inside, he cursed at himself. He forced himself on Jessica, how could he forgive himself?

"A comfort kiss?" He said with uncertainty.

She frowned. "A what?"

"I figured you needed it." He gave a small smile.

She wiped her tears. "I didn't."

"Now I know."

"Don't you ever do that again." She scolded him coldly. Her heart had skipped a beat. Even when she had a boyfriend.

He nodded.

She shifted slightly, causing Aiden to fall back. "The door is locked."

"I know." Aiden says softly. Her words left a deeper meaning. She didn't wanr him to touch her. What those girls said was right. She hates him.

"How do we get out?" She stands up, still shaken from earlier.

Aiden searches his pockets. "We have to lockpick it."

"What?" She turns to him. He stiffens. He couldn't handle her gaze.

"Do you have a bobby pin?" He asked, looking at her hair. It was straight down. She didn't have any.

"I do." She pulled one out of her pocket.

He took it from her carefully, not to touch her hand. "Could you step back?"

She did as he said and he kneeled at the front of the door.

He bent the pin into a straight line and pushed it through the lock. He maneuvered the pin and a click was heard. The door popped open and Aiden stood up.

"There." He looked down.

Jessica left without a word and he followed. He closed the door behind him. She officially hated him for sure.

Aiden felt numb. He walked aimlessly down the hall. It was PE. He went to change. Henry was already changed, and waiting for him.

"Dude, your cheek is red, you okay?" He asked.

Aiden nodded. "Go on ahead of me."

Henry gave him a concerned look.

"I'm fine." He was unconvinced but went on.

Aiden sat down at the bench. The pin was still in his hand.

He smacked his head with his fist. "I'm so stupid!" He ruined his new friendship... were they even friends?

He came to class late, so the teacher made him run laps. Aiden complied without a complaint.

It was raining oddly, after that morning of sun and Aiden forgot his windbreaker. Regardless of weather, his teacher made him run. Cold beats of sweat formed under the beating rain.

His classmates looked at him with pity. They were under the covered area. And so was Jessica. She watched silently as he ran. Her face was swollen, but she covered the redness with makeup.

Henry looked at the two and knew there was a connection. He gave his friend a sad smile.

After the laps were done, Aiden was told to go to the principals office. Someone apparently saw him exit the rooftop after lunch.

He changed first, but his hair was still wet.

Upon entering the office, he spotted Jessica as well. He frowned.

"You two. Come in." The principal ordered.

They sat down in the chairs.

The man was steamy red. "What is our policy about the rooftop during lunch?"

Jessica answered. "Students and faculty are not allowed up there."

"Why would that be?" He glared at Aiden.

"Its dangerous." Aiden mumbled.

"Yes. Students have fell from the top and they died." The principal clasped his hands. "So I ask now, why were you up there. I'm especially disappointed in you Jessica, you are a model student!"

Jessica looked down in shame. "I apologize."

"It was my fault." Aiden lied.

The principal scowled at him. "I suspected as much."

"What? No." Jessica frowned.

"I planned to jump, but Je... president stopped me." Aiden lied again. This would make up for the kiss right?

"Jump?" The principal's eyes widen.

"You know me, Mr Lee." Aiden scoffed. "I'm a troublemaker."

"Jessica, you may leave..." His lips were zipped. Jessica left hesistantly. She had to say something.

"It's not Aiden's fault." She began, glaring at him. "I came up to vent out some pent up feelings, and he was there. He wasn't going to jump. When it was time to leave, it turned out the door was locked. Aiden was able to open the door. That's why we are here right now."

The principal listens closely. "One of you needs to be punished. It's better if Aiden is."

Jessica looks at Aiden, hoping for a response.

"I will take it." Aiden looks away.

"See? Even he understands that you deserve no penalty." The principal nudges her out. "You are a model student. You need to keep that slate clean."

Aiden left school early. He was suspended for the rest of the week, and today was Tuesday. A notice would be sent to his parents later that night.

He did the right thing, right? He made up for kiss, right? He trudged home as it rained. He forgot his umbrella.

How could his life change so fast? It had been a year of peaceful observing of Jessica. He was content with just watching her. Why did he have that urge to kiss her?

He went to a nearby park. His mom was home and he didn't want to explain to her what happened. Luckily, the park had a covered area and he sat there.

Aiden sat, looking at the swings. His clothes were drenched. His bookbag, wet on the outside. What would he do now? Stay home for the week?

Students began to be in sight. School just ended and he wasn't that far away from it. His house was within two miles of the school.

"Yah." A hand smacked his head, sending his head to bob forward. He turned to see Jessica glare at him. His insides lurched as her gaze made him uncomfortable.

"President." He said quietly.

"Why would you lie like that?" She smacked his head again. "And why did you agree to take the full blame?"

He didn't wince. Rather he winded his head back to position. "I wanted to apologize for the kiss."

She sighed. "It was a comfort kiss, right?"

He nods.

"It's purpose was to help me not be sad, right?"

He nods again.

"Then why did you go on stupid lies about the rooftop?" She sat down since he wouldn't get up.

"That kiss. I'm sorry. And the rooftop was to keep your record clean."

"Nothing is written on the records. You just suspended yourself for no reason." She explains.

"A week of vacation is nice." Aiden murmured. His heart was fast again, despite being hurt by her harsh words.

"You are a student. You need to go to school." She slapped his arm. "And look, you're drenched."

She pulled out a small towel and dabbed his face and hair. He stared at her.

Involuntarily, he asked. "Did you break up with Donghae sunbae?"

"You were there weren't you?" She mutters, tears impending.

"How about me?" He asked, grabbing her hand. "I may not have the best grades or be worthy of your presence, but I like you." He finally confessed. After a year of saying nothing, after mere days of being acquaintances he said it.

"I'm sorry." She said softly. "I don't have any sort of feelings, like that, for you."

He felt tears drop. She didn't stop.

"I understand you have some feelings for me, I'm your noona, I understand. Many underclassmen have said the same. And this is what I told them, like how I will tell you, I do not date younger men. This is all just a case of infatuation. You don't really like me."

He felt his heart shatter to pieces. His hands dropped to his legs. She. Rejected. Him. It was obvious she would. She is dating Donghae... was dating Donghae. She still has feelings for him.

Jessica stood up. "I'll be going now. Come to school tomorrow, I talked with the principal."

Aiden remained still in the puddle of rain he accumulated.

Hours passed and his phone vibrated. He looked at the caller. It was his mom.

"Hello?" He answered with a monotonr voice.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" His mother yelled. "CLUBS ENDED AN HOUR AGO!"

"I'm a student in Korea... I'm studying at the library." He lied.

"Well... Come home soon. Your dinners getting cold." His mother softened up.

"I will." He hung up. It was dark already. His clothes were nearly dried.

He sneezed and shook his head. Aiden was coming down with a cold. He could tell. So he walked home quickly.

He entered his room, not turning on the light. Light emitted from Jessica's room. She had her curtains closed. She must have knew he watched her.

Dragging his feet, he peeled off his uniform and took a long shower. So long that he sat down. He expected the water to heat him up, but he still felt cold.

What happened today. He kissed the girl he liked and was rejected soon after. Who would like him anyway? He was a ugly teenage boy with failing grades and barely any friends. No one would like him.

Looking at the mirror, he saw himself crying. The tears mixed with the water.

Aiden turned off the shower and dressed to sleep. His homework wouldn't be finished anyways.

His lights were and he saw that Jessica had pulled her curtains back. She was gazing at the stars above and she spotted him.

He wasn't wearing a shirt. Not much to see anyway. Aiden walked over to the window and closed his curtains.

He couldn't bear to see her.

He wasn't enough for her.

He wasn't strong enough.

He would change.

Change so she would like him.