Returning Home

How Far Will We Go

"Aiden Liu?" 

"Here!" Aiden his hand up into the air. He enthusiastically waved at Jessica.

"Ehem..." Jessica turned to the next name. "Uh.. Yuri Kwon?"

A tanned girl raised her hand. "Here."

Jessica gave a smile to her and continued to read the list of names.

Aiden glared at that girl while he opened his notebook. Why wouldn't she smile at him too? Just because she was the teaching the small section of students didn't mean she had to ignore him, right?

After she was done with the names, she looked at Aiden one more time before starting the class. "Hi, I'm Jessica. I'll be your TA for this quarter. This is Korean History 2XX, so hopefully you're in the right class."

"So, I'm going to have you introduce yourself to your neighbors for about the next five minutes. Get to know each other, share your names, majors, contact info. You want to make friends in this class."

"Hi." Aiden looked at the tanned girl. He gave her a smile. "I'm Aiden, you?"

"I'm Yuri." The girl extended her hand which Aiden gave a nice shake. "Don't you think she's pretty?"

Aiden twitched. "Who?"

"Our TA." Yuri pointed at Jessica. 

"Oh her?" Aiden nodded before frowning. "Yes?" Maybe them dating should be kept a secret.

"Her curves are no joke!" Yuri winked at Aiden. "I bet I can get her number in ten minutes."

"Her? I don't think so..." 

"You wanna see?" Yuri extended her hand again. "I'll bet you ten bucks."

Aiden declined. He didn't want to see his girlfriend get hit on by another person. He was sure it would make Jessica uncomfortable since she was straight. 

"Well, I'm going to try anyway." Yuri gets up from her seat and walks to Jessica.

Aiden watches as Jessica frowns at him for a moment before talking to Yuri. Her expression had clearly shown confusion as to why Yuri had approached her.

Aiden turned to another classmate. "Hi, I'm Aiden."

"I'm Shannon." The girl replied with a smile. "Do you think it'll work?"

"What will?" Aiden asked.

"I heard about your friend trying to ask her out." Shannon pointed to Jessica and Yuri. "It's cool that people are so open nowadays."

Aiden nodded forcefully. "Yeah..." 

"She's really pretty too." Shannon murmured. 

"Who?"

"Both of them." Shannon shrugged.

"I guess." Aiden agreed. Yuri was an attractive person as well. He just felt uncomfortable about her motives to his girlfriend. 

"What year are you?"

"I'm a first year." Aiden replied.

"Oh, me too. Do you dorm?" She asked. 

Aiden nodded before feeling a warm hand on his shoulder.

It was Jessica. She gave them a smile and glared at Aiden for a split second. "Mind telling me which one of you made a deal with Yuri?" Yuri was standing behind Jessica with a dejected expression. Clearly she wasn't successful, which was a good thing in Aiden's eyes.

Aiden shrugged. "I don't know."

Jessica tilted her head with an angry smile. "I don't date my students, no matter how attractive they are, nor do I condone such actions as to invitations to dates. Okay?"

The three of them nodded in unison.

"Good." Jessica walked back to the front of the class to resume teaching.

Yuri sat back down next to Aiden with a determined expression. "One day this quarter, Ima get her to have dinner with me."

"I'd give it up." Shannon murmured. "I'm Shannon by the way."

"Oh, you're pretty too." Yuri complimented.

Shannon giggled. "I don't mind getting dinner with you."

"Oh really?" Yuri elbowed Aiden. "Want to join us?"

"I have a girlfriend." Aiden shook his head. He made it loud enough so that Jessica could hear. A small smile appeared on Jessica's face before disppearing lightningly fast.

"Oh really? What's her name?"

Aiden thought for a moment.

"You don't know her name?" Shannon narrowed her eyes. "You lying to us on our first day?"

"No, but I have a feeling you guys will look her up."

"We will." Yuri agreed. "So tell us."

"Her names Sooyeon." Aiden told them her Korean name.

"Sooyeon? She hot?" Yuri asked.

"... I guess?" Aiden shrugged.

"Would you date an ugly girl?" Shannon asked.

"Depends on her personality." Aiden returned while trying to focus.

"Good man." Yuri patted his back. "I knew you'd be a honest fella." Funny. Ironic right?

"Guys in the back, please be quiet." Jessica scolded them. The three nodded their head in unison. "Ok, turn to page XX and let's get started."

***

"You guys wanna start a study group?" Yuri asked while packing up.

"Sure why not." Shannon looked to Aiden. "You?"

Aiden gave a thumbs up. "Math isn't my strong point."

"Don't worry, we can have Jessica tutor us." Yuri smirked.

Aiden was getting a little frustrated by how Yuri kept bringing up Jessica. Was Jessica not clear enough? He'd have to talk to her later about this impending problem.

"See you guys later then." Yuri waved goodbye, heading in the direction of Jessica.

"She's determined isn't see?" Shannon asked Aiden.

"A little too determined." Aiden gave a small smile. "I have to go too, see you tomorrow?"

Shannon waved bye as Aiden quickly went to the courtyard. He dialled up Henry. "Dude we have a problem."