A Father's Blessing Leads To...

How Far Will We Go

"This was when he was in preschool." His mom pointed at a small photo. In the photo was a boy of four, holding his lunch pail with tears in his eyes. His blue overalls and yellow rainboots were a snug fit to his rainy day. 

Aiden sat with his hands over his head. Somehow his mom knew Jessica was coming. Somehow she prepared all his albums. Somehow his mother made delicious food. 

Jessica snickered as they happened upon a picture of Aiden inside the bathtub. His belly button was protuding slightly and his hands extended into the air. The expression he wore there was happiness. He was playing in the water. 

He couldn't stop them. He had no power. The two women sat looking at his photos with no permission. All he could do was pray that there were no pictures of him wearing anything shameful or being . The latter failed. 

"Aww. So cute." Jessica glanced at him, showing him a photo of when he was in elementary school. His hair was a bowl cut and he wore a denim jacket with matching denim pants. 

Aiden gritted his teeth. His father came in and noticed the two females embarrassing Aiden. 

"Aiden. Come with me." His dad motioned him to follow suit. 

Aiden followed his dad out the room to the kitchen. He raised an eyebrow as he was about to speak first. 

He stopped as his father handed him a paper bag. He frowned at his dad. 

"Open it." His dad urged. "Quickly before your mother comes."

Aiden, confused, took a peek into the bag. His jaw dropped as he picked up one. 

Condoms. His dad gave him condoms. 

"Dad. This is..."

"Too little?" His father looked at him. "I can get you more if you want. I know its embarrassing to go buy these. I want you to be safe when you get freaky."

"Dad." Aiden sighed. His father. Sigh. 

"Hey. I want you to explore the female body. To do that you need this. I don't want a grandson being born prematurely." His father laughed. "Take care of it."

"I don't need them." Aiden handed them back. 

"Need what?" Jessica asked as she entered the kitchen with a bowl. 

"Nothing." His father winked. "I just gave him all the embarrassing photos that I took out of the album." 

"There are more?" Jessica asked. "Let me see."

His father doomed him. He needs to hide them now. Aiden gave his father a weak smile as his father left. It was a sign for help. His father laughed as he left. 

Jessica clasped her hands behind her back. "Can I see?"

Aiden squeezed the bag tight against his chest. "No."

"Come on." Jessica batted her eyes. "I promise I won't laugh."

Aiden shook his head. "This is for my eyes only."

His dad returned with a smirk. "Your mother and I need to go to the supermarket. Knock yourselves out in his bedroom." 

"Dad!" Aiden pushed his dad out, throwing his bag at him too. 

"Ah father, may I see that bag?"

"Sure. Why not." His father extended the bag.

Aiden grabbed it and hid it behind him. "I said no." His father send Jessica a shrug and left.

"Aiden." She pouts. "Please?" 

He shakes his head. "This is wrong."

"Fine." She turns to leave. To leave, she has to pass him. She would grab it as she feigned leaving. 

Aiden sighed as he saw her leave. That was a bullet dodged. 

He felt the bag ripped from his hands. He yelled as he felt the bag itself rip and all the condoms fell to the floor. 

Jessica's eyes grow large as she realizes what they are. Her eyes look to Aiden, who is also burning bright red. "Condoms?"

Aiden quickly retrieves them and places them in another bag. "They're not mine. They're my dads."

"Why were you trying to hide them?" Jessica asks him, her face crimson like a tomato. 

"I didn't want you to think of me weirdly." He admits. He was afraid of revealing himself to her. 

"I don't see why you had to defend the condoms. You could have just said they are condoms." She said. 

"Sorry." He gave a small smile. "I know you aren't in for that type of relationship. I didn't want you to feel pressured."

"I kind of do now, seeing how much your dad gave you." Jessica went to the bag and opened it. "He gave it to you because he felt you needed them."

She returns with a handful of them. She pulls his hand and places them in his palm. He frowns at her. 

She stares at him in the eyes. "Do you really think that you can control yourself in front of me? Because I don't think so."

She didn't trust him. She didn't believe that he would wait for her. Aiden looked away from her. She was too much. She even had to bring a handful, as if she was forced to bring more. 

He didn't want to be with her because of . He wanted to date her because of how amazing of a person she was. 

Seeing that her expectations of him were that low hurt him a bit. He wasn't like every other guy. He was different. Why couldn't she see that?

He clear his throat. "Is that how you see me? A guy who wants to have with you?"

"Don't all guys want ? I remember how Donghae begged me to come over to his house on the weekends, saying his parents were out of town."

Aiden scowled. "How can you just assume that?"

"How can I not?" She comes up close to him. "What makes me sick is when a boy denies wanting to appear like a good guy. I'd rather you keep condoms and be honest to yourself, instead of playing as a dirty liar."

"You prefer me being honest? As a boy who wants ?" He replies in a monotone voice. He is masking his hurt. 

"Yes." Jessica nods. 

Aiden points to the door. "Then get out. You're dating the wrong guy."

Jessica frowns. "What?"

"You said you prefer someone who wants . Then it must not be me. So get out." He nods to the door. Maybe he judged her character wrong. Maybe he was just to eager to believe that she was a gentle and understanding person.