Here's My "Girlfriend"

How Far Will We Go

"Jessica said yes?" Krystal slapped Aiden's head as she walked in front of him. Amber was right behind her with a sheepish grin.

"That's creepy." Aiden murmured as he looked at Amber. "We're like twins."

"I know." Amber responded. 

"Did she say yes?" Krystal asked again. "She got upset because of me remember?"

"But this girl is so persistent in everything. And how would I explain that photo?"

"Hand 'em over." Amber extended her hands. 

Aiden pulled up a plastic bag with all the things that Krystal had left or the things that reminded him of Krystal. It wasn't a lot but it wasn't nothing either, so that was surprising to Aiden when he was cleaning up his room.

"Wow." Amber opened the bag. "This photo is the same one you gave me for our first date..." The tomboy sent Krystal a questioning expression. "You two-timer."

"I've been forgiven and I don't plan on doing it again... Okay then when does she come?" Krystal peeled off Amber's hands. "Go home. I'll be fine."

"No."

"You two look like twins. One of you has to leave and it's obviously not Aiden." Krystal glared at Amber. "Go wear some disguise or something. Put your hood up." She quickly pulled at Amber's jacket hood and covered her girlfriend's face with it. "Now go drink coffee in the corner, we'll be here."

Amber came up close to Aiden and whispered in his ear. "You better not touch her anywhere! I'll slice you into pieces!"

"Byyyyeee." Amber taps Krystal and goes into the corner with her coffee.

"I guess it's just the appearance that is similar." Aiden muttered as Amber was glaring at them in the back. "Yuri said she'd be here soon. In like a couple minutes."

"Good. We pretend to date and I'm out of favors for you. In fact, I think you owe me now like five."

"Five?" Aiden frowned, counting his fingers. "How is that five?"

"Remember how I set you up with Jessica again? After you screwed up."

"That was because of you!" Aiden points an accusing finger at Krystal. He felt shivers as he saw Amber stand up. "Anyway, we're not on bad terms are we? We're still friends, right?"

"Yep. Just friends." Krystal agreed. "I like my girlfriend too much."

Aiden gave a small gag. "Good for you."

"... What was that gag?"

"Nothing."

"Better be nothing." Krystal checked her watch. "Where is your friend?"

"She said a few minutes for petes sake, I forgot you were impatient." Aiden rolled his eyes and his eyes landed at the door. "You have to be kidding me..."

"What?" Krystal leaned forward towards him. "Something wrong?"

Aiden tried to keep his head low. Yuri dare bring Jessica to this private meeting? Jessica would be furious. Holy his life is now ing over. Aiden began to tilt forward and back in his chair. "What do I do?"

"What? Oh Jessica, since you told her, it should be fine." Krystal was frowning at the boy's anxious mannerisms. "You told her right?"

"No... I didn't." Aiden watched as Jessica entered first and Yuri behind her. Yuri seemed all smiles despite Jessica's refusal.

"You didn't?"

"Hey guys!" Yuri waved at Aiden.

"Hi." Jessica was frowning.

"I just wanted to introduce you to Aiden's girlfriend." Yuri nodded to Krystal. "I thought she looked a lot like you so I wanted to you come. Just in case you were sisters."

"..." Jessica was glaring at Aiden with a burning passion. "We're not sisters."

Krystal agreed. "No blood relation at all."

Aiden felt the atmosphere chill and burn at the same time. He felt the glare from Krystal and Jessica simultaneously. He shrank in his seat. "Yeah..."

And to make it worse, Amber was wriggling in the corner, eager to sit next to Krystal and keep that athletic girl away from her Krystal. She was well accustomed to Krystal's glare and seeing her glare at Aiden meant something was wrong. Very wrong. But if she moved, Krystal would be even more angry. So she had to stay. 

"Awkward..." Yuri sat down. "Well this is Jessica, she's our TA."

"I know her..." Krystal shrugged off. "Can you explain this Aiden?"

Aiden froze. He was trying to physically escape the room. 

"Could you please?" Jessica crossed her arms.

Aiden turned back to look at the four - Amber in the corner, Yuri and Krystal sitting, and Jessica standing. He straightened up and gave a scared smile. "I can explain."

The girls looked at him with expectant eyes.

"But not now." Aiden shook his head, his hands held up to stop any flaying arms. "I promise, I will..." He slowly stepped back. "But you first." He grabbed Jessica's arm and ran outside the entrance. He heard Yuri protest but it looked like Amber couldn't take it anymore and approached her.

He made sure to round the corner and enter another store so that Yuri could not find them. The store was quiet and it looked like the cashier wasn't around.

"You better explain this to me." Her cold voice brought his attention back to her.

Aiden looked around the building. "I... uh... wanted to get you a present.. so I asked Krystal?"

"..."

"Why did Yuri say Krystal was your girlfriend? Are you really dating her too?" Jessica pulled her hand back. 

"No no no no!" Aiden denied vehemently. "I swear I'm not. Yuri misunderstood."

"How would she misunderstand?"

"She saw a picture of Krystal and just assumed."

"Why do you still have a picture of Krystal?" Jessica couldn't believe what he was saying. What was he thinking?

"Hi may I help you folks?" A voice called out behind them. There was a well-suited lady wearing lots of accessories with a welcoming aura. "Would you like me to tailor a ring for you folks?"

"A ring?" Jessica frowned at him. "You were going to get me a ring?"

Aiden thought for a moment. He probably shouldn't have hesistated because Jessica realized this wasn't the case. "Yes... Yes I was."