Amber's Guide To Solve Problems

How Far Will We Go

"Dude you okay?" Henry poked the mountain of sheets with his bare foot. "Aiden?"

No response.

"Krystal called asking for you." Henry poked him again. "Did it go well with Yuri?"

Dead silence.

"Well, okay, I'll be over at the library, studying with Shannon. Thanks for setting us up." Henry tossed Aiden's phone onto the sheets. It landed on his feet.

Aiden was hiding under the covers. He was trying to hide from reality. He didn't want to think about what happened.

Jessica left him there in the store. Yuri called him, demanding an answer, and his ex girlfriend was annoying him too. Explaining to Yuri meant Jessica would get into trouble and telling Krystal would mean he'd get hurt physically by her and Jessica wouldn't pick up his calls. And he wasn't attending class either. Everything just .

"Maybe if I sleep it off, I'll wake up to find myself back to my normal life."

"What are you doing under those sheets?"

Aiden gritted his teeth. Her timing was impeccable as usual.

"Hello?" Yuri pulled up the sheets to expose his face. "What was that shenanigan yesterday?"

Aiden felt his patience waning. Just. Go. Away.

"Hello? Did Krystal dump you?" Yuri waved her hand in front of him.

Aiden felt the anger swell up inside him and turned to the girl with flaming eyes. "Why the hell are you in my room?"

"Cuz you wouldn't respond to my calls and my questions need to be answered." Yuri stepped back with a frown. "Did she really dump you?"

"Krystal's not my girlfriend."

"Anymore?"

"I'm dating Jessica." He replied barely audible. He didn't care anymore. All he knew was Yuri was wrong and she had to know. Maybe she'd finally stop and give them peace.

"Don't worry man, every bre- what?" Yuri snapped back at him. "What did you just say?"

"I'm dating Jessica." Aiden murmured again. He tells Yuri, Yuri backs off, then he fixes their relationship. Problem solved.

"Dude. It's not the time to play a sick joke okay?" Yuri shrugged off his words with a scowl. "Just because you got dumped doesn't mean you can be a ."

"Just because she's pretty doesn't mean you can hit on her."

"You know what, chill out, we can talk later."

"Check my bathroom. You'll see what a mess you made." Aiden covered himself again and closed his eyes. "How you made a loving couple disappear."

"What?" Yuri paced quickly to the bathroom. In the tub was all the things related to Jessica, photos of them together, and even a polaroid of Jessica in a bikini.

She stormed outside and pulled the covers off again more aggressively. "You're an ." Her fist was raised in the air and it collided with Aiden's face. "Why didn't you tell me sooner? I would have stopped!"

Aiden glared at her. "She told you multiple times to stop. Why didn't you?"

"Because I knew she'd come to like me." Yuri spat out and she scoffed. "You and her knew but never said anything. Jessica, I understand since she was protecting you, but you. You were just protecting yourself."

"Get out." Aiden sat up, holding his cheek. "Just get out."

Yuri stomped to the door and slammed it shut.

Aiden assessed the damage with gentle fingers. He winced as he felt blood in his mouth. She hit him real good. Maybe he deserved that.

He laid back down and covered himself. This was just a dream right? Everything would be back to normal tomorrow, right? He just needed to sleep it off. He stayed motionless for a few minutes before reaching for the sleeping pills on his bed stand.

"This will help." He said as his consciousness slowly faded.

***

"Krystal?" Amber propped next to her girlfriend. "What's wrong?"

"Remind me never to talk to Aiden again." Krystal uttered with a hint of disdain.

"It will be my pleasure." Amber smiled as she planted a soft kiss on Krystal's bare shoulder. "You were good today."

"I was frustrated."

"I know. You dug into my back. I think I'm bleeding." Amber gingerly touched her back. She winced as she felt her skin swell.

"Sorry." Krystal pecked Amber. "Why do those two always end up fighting?"

"Maybe because they're not meant to be together?" Amber shrugged. "You can't expect people to be like us. We're perfect for each other."

"Yeah but still. They shouldn't be fighting."

"... Was this all you were thinking about when we were having ?" Amber asked with a distasteful frown.

"A little."

"Well. I'm out too then." Amber grabbed her clothes. "I'll see you later."

"... Where are you going?"

"I'm going to go fix it so you won't think about it anymore." Amber stuck out a tongue.

"How?"

"Like how we did." Amber shrugged.

"Makeup ?"

Amber nodded. "Makeup ."