Offically

How Far Will We Go

"Ahh." Jessica rubbed her hands together. "I'm getting nervous."

"You better." Aiden teased, his hands wrapping around her waist. Her hands covered his hands. "I'm kidding. She loves everybody."

Jessica stared at him with a small frown. Her forehead was creased. He poked her wrinkle.

"Stop frowning. She will like you."

"How do you know?" Jessica looked at him.

"She's my mom." He rolled his eyes. Jessica pursed her lips. "She is amiable."

"What if she thinks I'm a cougar?"

"We are one year apart." Aiden opens the front door. "Besides. My mom always wanted a daughter."

"Back already?" His mother entered the hallway with a batch of muffins. "Oh hello again Jessica."

"Thank you for letting me borrow Aiden." Jessica bowed politely.

Aiden stuffed his hands into his pockets. "When does dad come home?"

"Not till dinnertime, why?" His mother gave him a smile. She knew something was up. Her gaze toward Jessica was as if a mother-in-law met her daughter-in-law. "Do you have something to tell us?"

Aiden sideways glanced at Jessica, his hand slipped into her side and grabbed her hand. "I want to formally introduce my girlfriend."

His mother clapped her hands excitedly. "Oh goody. I knew she was a good catch?"

Jessica smiled, and glanced at Aiden. What did she mean by good catch?

"Welcome to the family." His mother hugged Jessica abruptly. She embraced the hug, monetarily frozen by the sudden skinship.

His mom pulled back, holding onto her arms. "Can you cook?"

Jessica gave a nervous nod. "I am decent."

"Okay. We will make a large dinner. Come. Help." His mother dragged Jessica into the kitchen. Aiden chuckled when Jessica sent him a 'help me' plead.

He followed into the kitchen and was disoriented by the amount of bakery goods his mom had baked in the short time they were gone.

Aiden went to Jessica to see if he could help, but his mother booty bumped him away. "Leave us ladies alone to talk."

"I want to watch." He puffed his shoulders.

"Women bond while cooking." His mom shooed him away.

Jessica seemed a bit hesistant to start cutting the vegetables. His mother caught that and said sweetly. "Cut them however you like, our family bases on taste, not by how it looks."

"Yes, ma'am." She said choppily.

"Call me mother." His mom suggested. "I always wanted a daughter."

Jessica nodded. "Yes, mother."

"Stop being so nervous." The older woman patted her shoulder. "I feel as though you two are already married."

"Ehh?" Jessica seemed shocked. "Married? Aiden and I?"

"Oh, that's right, you don't know." His.mother tsked. "Aiden has spoke of you on multiple occassions, so even though this is our first meeting, I know many things about you."

"He has?" Jessica stopped cutting.

His mother nods with a laugh. "When he was in high school, he wouldn't stop talking about you. Each day when he came from school, he would bring up your name."

"He had a unrequited love for you and it pays off now." His mother winked. "How far have you two gotten?"

Jessica turned away, blushing. "We only began dating this week."

"Oooh hooo." Jessica watched as the older lady perfectly diced carrots and onions within mere seconds.

"A-amazing." Jessica murmured.

"Practice makes perfect... actually perfect practice makes perfect. We cannot achieve perfection." His mother rambled.

"I think it is possible." Jessica disagreed. "Having Aiden in my life is perfect."

"Kekeke. Young love." His mother smiled. "Enjoy your youth as it lasts. When I was in my twenties, Aiden's father and I used to go nuts and have almost every hour."

Jessica flushed again. She was in her twenties, and to imagine if Aiden and her were the same as his parents. Gah. So. Ahh...

"I apologize, I made it awkward?" His mother giggled. "Go on now, Aiden must be bored and missing you."

"Thank you." Jessica nearly dashed out of the kitchen. She was scared of how open his mother was.

Aiden was sitting on the couch when Jessica ran in. He patted the spot beside him and she immediately sat down.

He noticed her face was red. "Was my mom that friendly?"

"She. Um. Is very. Open." Jessica poked her lip with her thumb.

"Aw how cute." He pinches Jessica's side. She wriggled and elbowed him.

"Your mom is an amazing cook." She renacted the cutting scene using her hand as the knife.

He smiled. "You are too."

Jessica shook her head. "My cooking is a hit or miss."

"It's been a hit for me." Aiden sits more forward and kisses her right cheek. Jessica smiled.

"Stop it." She pushes him away with gleaming eyes.

He leans back. "Oh? You don't like compliments?"

"I do, but." She holds his arm. "Don't push yourself to say things that arwnt true, like my cooking for example."

"But I like your cooking." He pouts.

"Half of them aren't edible." She admits, covering her face with her hand. She was ashamed. Girls were much more adorable and amazing if they knew how to cook.

"Besides." He scoots closer to her. "I don't need food to survive. I nee-"

She clamps his mouth. "Don't. Say. Me. That's BS."

He kisses her palm. "Okay. When does winter break start?"

"A week." Jessica checks her phone. "Yes in a week."

Aiden speaks softly. "Do you want to go to Jejudo with me?"

"For what?"

"To spend more time together."

"That sounds like fun. We can go fishing." Jessica is excited.

"Yeah." Aiden smiles.

"Let's plan it after dinner. I really want to go." She pulls his arm. She was adorable. He couldn't help but pull her in for another kiss. Her lips were cute and inviting.

Click!

Jessica pulled away quickly, alarmed by the noise.

At the hallway, his mother pulled out a Polaroid. "You kids want to play with this?"

Aiden hid his face in a cushion.

"Yes please." Jessica blushed when his mother handed it to her. "Thank you."

"Have fun." Her voicw echoes down the hall.

Aiden lifted his face with a grimace. "Sorry."

"It's fine. Let's take pictures." Jessica sat in front of Aiden and smiled. He wrapped his arms around her with a grin.

Jessica waited for the picture and looked around. "Do you have any pens?"

"Uh." Aiden checked his pockets. He had a spare. "Here."

Jessica beamed. On the while tabs, she wrote. "Loving Aiden and Jessica. November 2014."

"Jjan!" Jessica handed the photo to Aiden. He nodded with a smile.

"I'm so glad we're back together." Aiden hugged her tight.

***

"Yah!" Krystal huffed. That idiot ran away again. AGAIN. FOR THE FIFTEENTH TIME. She pulled out her phone. Drastic problems called for drastic measures.