Tips From A Friend

How Far Will We Go

"Ehem..." Aiden scrunched his eyebrows. "Excuse me. I'm her boyfriend."

His facial expression froze and relaxed. "I can't do this." He leans against the mirror.

"Do what?" Henry flipped his magazine closed.

"Hello. My name is Aiden Liu." Aiden attempts again. His effort to maintain the calm demeanor was impossible. His cheeks kept rising and making him smile.

"Well. Then again, you're dating. Did Jessica put you up to this?"

"Put me up to what?" Aiden pulls his cheeks down.

"To this." Henry points to the mirror. "Are you meeting someone important?"

"Oh. Yeah. Her parents."

"Her parents... that's funny... HER PARENTS?" Henry shoots up.

Aiden nods. "Jessica said they want to meet me."

"Haven't you two courted for only a month?"

"Not even." Aiden shrugs. "I'm a good catch."

"She's a bad fisher." Henry corrects.

"We went to the aquarium last week, it would have been funny then, but not now."

Henry stared at his friend closely. "How are you going to act when you meet them?"

"Calm and polite." He responds with half heartedly.

"You should bow to them." Henry points to him. Aiden frowned.

"Bow?"

"Yeah. Korean parents love that." Henry nods with wisdom.

"You serious?"

"Would I lie to you?" Henry asked in exasperation.

Aiden bit his lip. Yes. The words stayed in him mouth.

Henry answers for him. "I wouldn't."

"Sure you wouldn't, you're my brother right?" Aiden blew a sigh of relief.

"Not by blood."

"..."

"And you need to massage her dad's shoulders." Henry gave a secret grin.

"Massage his shoulders, okay."

"And call her mother beautiful."

"That's a given."

"And if she has any siblings."

"I don't think she does."

"That . That means you get awkward situations."

"It's awkward as is."

"And you need to buy a gift. You can't go empty handed." Henry snaps his fingers. "Wine for the dad, flowers for the mom."

"Jessica told me they won't want presents."

"They don't?" Henry scratched his head. "That's odd. I always brought a gift on the first meeting with their parents. Is that why I got dumped?"

"That means you were serious."

"I did only like one girl for real." Henry agrees.

"Well. Good luck." Henry gives his blessing.

Aiden returns back to the mirror. "Hi. My name is Aiden Liu." He bows as well. Henry stifles a laugh.

"Shut up!" Aiden charged to Henry, who laughed even harder. His shoulder made contact with Henry's stomach. Henry left out a oof.

Aiden landed on top of Henry, directly above him. His arms pinned down his friends arms. "STOP LAUGHING. I'M FREAKING OUT!"

"IT'S FUNNY!" Henry returned with the same volume.

"I WILL NOT HELP YOU PICK UP GIRLS ANYMORE!"

"THAT HAS NO RELEVANCE TO THIS!"

"I AM NOT SINGLE ANYMORE. I CAN'T HELP YOU!" Aiden pushed off Henry. "But seriously. I'm going to cry if her dad glares at me."

"It'll be fine. You're quite sociable, though I hate to admit it." His friend patted his back. "And if it doesn't work out with her parents, just knock her up."

"What are you saying!" Aiden jerked away from Henry.

"Oh ho, look at you. Why are you trying to be innocent now? We even watched together, I showed you my prized blonde collection!"

"Jessica is too pure." Aiden tucks in his hands into his front pockets. "I don't want her to know that I'm like that."

"Remember when you were cadoodling with Krystal? Her shirt was ed all the way too." Henru tugs his shirt to show some chest seductively.

"That was a misunderstanding." Aiden deflects. It was.

"Did she bring it up?" She as in Jessica.

"No. But when she slept over, she asked if I had condoms."

"What did you say?"

"I said no." Aiden rubbed his neck, knowing the next response.

"But you do have condoms. In the drawer on the bottom." Henry frowns. "You lied to your girlfriend."

"I didn't want her to feel pressured." Aiden shrugged with indifference.

"You sly tricky bastard you." Henry shakes his head. "Even I wouldn't do that."

Aiden hangs his head low. "I'm changing for her."

"Changing? Again? How many times have you done that? This would be the what, fourth thing she's changed about you?" Henry crosses his arms and scowls.

"I want her to love me." Aiden sheepishly replies. "I don't feel good enough."

"You don't feel good enough?" Henry scoffs. "Obviously there must be for her to like you."

"Right?" Aiden smiles. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it." Henry shrugs and resumes with his magazine. "Let me know, if she has any cute friends."

"No."

"Why?" Henry pouts.

"She'll hate me for introducing you." Aiden gives Henry a cheeky grin. Henry would make all Jessica's friends hate him.

"I can be serious!"

"As pie." Aiden grinned. He wasn't questioning that Henry couldn't. Henry could become serious, but knowing his personality, he likes hunting more than sticking around for a girl.

"Gah." Henry rolls his eyes.

Aiden smirks. "If Jessica has any girl she hates, I'll let you know."

"Gee, thanks." Henry opened another magazine.