The Two Of Us

How Far Will We Go

"Yah!" Krystal yelped as Jessica threw her comb at her. "Why are you throwing things? I'm jot here to hurt you!"

Jessica glared at the girl. "Did you just come so you can rub it in my face?"

"Rub what in your face?" Krystal frowned.

"That Aiden is yours..." Jessica didn't stop glaring. Her intensity was making Krystal a bit anxious.

"He's not mine. I'm lesbian." Krystal gave a nervous smile.

Jessica backed up to the wall. "Then you're here for me? Don't think you can me... I'm stronger than I look..."

Krystal laughed. "No. But this means Aiden is single. I don't like people who are scary."

Jessica's face dropped. "I can't. I said such harsh things to him. To get him away."

"He's hurting, yes, but you need to do something. He's thinking of leaving for America." Krystal shrugged. "I just wanted to tell you that."

"Thank you."

"That'll cost a kiss." Krystal teased.

Jessica turned serious.

"I'm joking. Jeez. You know where Aiden lives, right?"

Jessica nods. "He was my neighbor in high school."

"Take a day off and go visit him before he leaves. Make him stay. I'm pretty sure you want that." Krystal smiled. "You guys look cute together."

Jessica blushed. "Thank you."

Krystal clasped her hands. "My job is done. Find Aiden. He won't say no to you."

Jessica nods and watches Krystal leave. Once the door clicks shut, Jessica rummages her closet and finds and outfit. She struggles to put on clothes while she does her makeup.

She grimaced. Her eyes were swollen. She quickly covered her eyes with makeup and she left her dorm within a flash.

Krystal peered at Jessica leave with a small grin. Surely they would get back together.

Aiden returned home after visiting his old high school. His teachers recognized him and a few high school students followed him around. They were girls, of course. He had went to the place where Jessica hugged him. The last place he wanted to see before he left.

He wouldn't really leave. He was just going to go move temporarily and come back once his feelings were sorted. But could he change his heart? He wasn't able to love Krystal fully because Jessica took his heart by force. What if he had another girlfriend and that happened? He sighed as he graced upon his porch steps.

He could hear his mother chatting with a female. Aiden glanced into the living room. He became frozen when he heard the most angelic voice that could ever speak. Jessica's.

"I am attending the same school as Aiden." He heard Jessica say. "I want curious if he was home."

His mother was excited, he could tell from her upbeat and lively tone. "He is out, but should be returning soon. Would you like tea?"

"I must apologize, I wanted to chat with Aiden over some matter, but if he is not here, I think it is best if I leave."

"Oh. Is that so? Well run along then. It was a pleasure to finally meet you." His mom said.

Jessica came to the door and spotted Aiden. He saw from the corner of his eye, his mom, who noticed he came home. "Aiden, Jessica came to talk to you."

Aiden glanced at Jessica, who gave a sad smile. "Hi."

He didn't say anything, instead he grabbed her hand and pulled her outside. She followed him without a word as well.

Aiden stopped when they reached the park where she first rejected him.

He left go of her hand. "Why are you here?"

She winced at his harsh tone. "I was just visiting."

"Visiting? Why were you visiting my house?" He turned to her with a strained face. "Who are you, to visit my house?"

She looked down. "Like your mom said, I need to talk to you."

"We're speaking now." He crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, bowing politely. "For the things I've said."

His face contorted. He struggled to keep his scowl. His face wanted to grimace. He was being too harsh on her. He knew that. He wasn't being understanding.

Jessica had teary eyes. "I just want to say that I had no right to push you away. You've always been good to me, but I just keep hurting you."

Aiden's face softens up. "You're not completely at fault."

Jessica wiped the tears while looking away. "Can't we be like we were? I don't want us to be strangers. And I don't want us to be just friends."

Aiden felt a tinge of hope. That she would accept him. But she rejected him twice already. How could he trust her? Only if she gave him something of large value to him. He slapped himself mentally. Why was he thinking like this?

Jessica waited for his response. She looked cold in her thin cardigan, her hands shaking and her chin shivering. He came forward and hugged her.

Aiden kept his eyes off of hers. "Why do you have to keep my heart locked up only for you? Why is it that I only look at you?"

Jessica, by this time, had dig her face into his chest, taking in his scent. She sighed in relief. This horrible misunderstanding was now behind them, right?

Aiden let his chin on her shoulder. Her fragile body seemed to stick onto Aiden.

"Are we..." She started. "Back as friends or..."

He shook his head. "We can't be friends."

She nodded sadly. Then this would be the end for them. She hurt him to much. Jessica would accept this embrace as their last.

Aiden tightened his grip when she pulled away. "Where do you think you're going?"

She frowned, confused. "Aren't we breaking up?"

"We never even hooked up, what are you talking about?" Aiden muttered.

Jessica looked up at his face. "What?"

He sighed. "What's the point of breaking up, if we were not together officially."

"Oh." Jessica was still confused.

"From now on, trust me more." Aiden whispered in her ear. His warm breath tickled her neck and she wriggled.

"Does that mean we are officially dating?" Jessica, finally realizing, asked.

He nodded. "All I need is you."

"Me too." Jessica smiled up at him.

Aiden leaned down and kisses her lips gently. His heart was explosive, beating so fast it was irregular. He gripped her wrists and kept at her lips, gnawing her lower lip gently. Jessica pulled away when he pushed his tongue inside . His eyes showed confusion, and some hurt at the rejection.

Her breath was erratic. She stared at his lips. "I don't want to go ... that far... you know?"

He nodded once. "I'll be more careful."

She smiled. "Thanks."

Aiden grabbed her hands and blew his breath on them. They were cold. Jessica couldn't surpress her happiness at the sight and thoughfulness of Aiden.

She smiled. "I'm okay."

Aiden looked at her, unconvinced. "I don't believe you."

"I really am." She defends.

"It's cold. Let's go somewhere." Aiden suggested.

Jessica offered. "Why don't we go your house?"

"My mom is home."

"I'd like to introduce our relationship to her first, if you don't mind."

He pictured his mother dancing around in her apron and spatula. "Sure. She's really cool."

He laughs loudly. "Just don't regret it."

"I won't." Jessica sends him a beaming smile.