Worthless Misunderstanding

How Far Will We Go

Aiden woke up to the fresh smell of cinnamon buns. His nose was sharp. Lifting his arm that was covering his face, he saw the backside of Jessica. Around her waist, she had on a snugly fit apron with her hair tied up.

That revealed her thin, pretty neck and ears. Aiden smacked his toe as he tried to get up quietly.

He clutched his toe and bit his lip. She didn't notice ir hear him. He could hear her humming a tune.

Carefully, he got off the bed with some.minor squeaks. Managing to get to his feet, he went up and wrapped his arms around her waist. She turned her head, leaning up to kiss him.

"Morning?" She pecked his lips. He responded by squeezing her tighter.

"I made breakfast." She showcased her eggs with cinnamon buns and milk.

The buns looked a tad burnt and the eggs looked undercooked.

He kissed her and thanked her.

"Sit down." She ordered and he obediently followed.

She handed him a fork and waited for his first bite. A bit anxious, she clasped her hands together.

Aiden felt his mouth watery at the smell and sight of food. He took a large bite out of the cinnamon and was amazed. Despite it's horrifying color and texture, it tasted delicious. He quickly swallowed and took anther chunk out of the bun.

Jessica gave a smile as Aiden leaned up to kiss her.

"Not only are you beautiful, you have the hands of a thirty year old chef." He chuckled.

She slapped his arm and he pulled her onto his lap. He fed her a bun and she gratefully took it.

"You're right, my hands are defying laws of nature!" She patted her shoulder.

Aiden leaned against her, smelling her distinct perfume. It intoxicated him. He wanted to stay with Jessica the entire day. It pained him to leave her.

"What are you thinking?" She smoothes out his sidebangs.

"I want to ditch class." He took her hand. "With you."

She shook her head. "Our first job is students. Then the second is... this." She kissed his cheek, sending his heart beating irregularly.

"It's not fair." He looked at her hands, that were so tiny compared to his. His hands almost encased hers.

"What is?"

"Why does my heart only beat for you?" He brings her hand to feel his pulse. "Do you know how crazy I am over you?"

"It's not even fast." She slaps him.

"Feel the difference." He kisses her. His heart went crazy. It quickened pace for a whole ten seconds after the kiss.

She felt his heart beat pace faster when he kissed her. She could say the same for her heart. She would demonstrate as well, but that would mean him touching her chest. That thought alone made her blush.

"When does your class end?" He asks.

"Around four." She checks the clock. "I have a lab today."

His shoulders shrink. "I guess I should send you back to your room to get ready for history."

"That's a great idea. I feel all gross because my hair is oily." Jessica touches her hair distastefully.

"It's not oily." Aiden frowned. Her hair looked normal.

"I know it is." She jumps off his lap. "I'll leave now and come before class starts."

"We still have two hours." Aiden complained.

She zipped his lips with one kiss. "I don't want to look bad in front of you."

"You look pretty as you are now." He replied honestly. She did, she rocked those pajamas and long coat.

"I need to go before people see me." Jessica laughs. "I'll be back soon."

He sighs and watches her leave.

Finishing breakfast, he headed to the shower and took a quick one. He wanted to make sure he looked good as well.

He smiled as he recalled last night when she agreed to be his girlfriend.

Then his thoughts moved back to Krystal, who was in the dark about this situation. What should he do?

The most obvious was to break up with her, but how. They shared so many similarities and traits that fighting would be real hard.

He massaged his temple. He had to end it with Krystal sooner or later, else he would end up hurting both Krystal and Jessica.

His phone vibrated. It was from Henry, asking if he could come back to his room.

Aiden returned a message and within minutes, Henry barged in the room.

"I hope you had fun." Henry muttered as he fell to his bed.

"We did." Aiden grinned.

"Have you thought about what you are going to tell Krystal?" Henry slipped under his covers.

Aiden leaned his head again the wall. "She'll understand, right? I mean. I've liked Jessica since high school."

"And you dated Krystal in high school. Does that mean everything you did for her is a lie?" Henry fixes his pillow to get more comfortable.

"You were the one who said to go after Jessica." Aiden frowned.

"I'm just telling you the problems that will arise." Henry responds, yawning. "If you choose Jessica, there is a couple jacket in my closet. Take it. I don't need it anymore."

Aiden finds the jackets and heads out, going to meet Jessica.

His thoughts kept revolving around Krystal. He did love her. How could he tell her? How could he tell her that he was leaving her for another girl.

Tears formed as he recalled their dates in high school. They were so sweet. Things like eating ice cream, walking her home, calling her before she went to sleep. He was throwing those all away, so he could form new ones with a girl he had a crush on a long time ago. Was Jessica even worth all this drama?

He felt angry at himself, for thinking such thoughts. Jessica noona was a kind, girl, even if she did glare. His heart was captured by Jessica for sure. He just had lingering thoughts for Krystal.

When she comes back, he would sit down and talk with her.

Still pensive, Aiden didn't notice Jessica sneak up on him. She slammed her hands on his back, scaring him.

He looked back and gave a small smile. "You scared me."

She frowned. "What's with that face?"

Aiden let a deep breath out. "I'm thinking about how to tell Krystal."

Jessica looked down. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" His voice turned low. "It's my decision. I chose you."

"I wonder what it would have been like, if I did say yes back then." Jessica reached for Aiden's hand.

He looked away. "It would have been nice."

She gives a small nod.

"And it wouldn't be this complicated." His attention redirected back to Jessica. He smoothed out her hair. "You look pretty."

Jessica smiled, with a faint blush. "Thank you."

"Let's go to class." He lead her to their history class.

The students were more obnoxious now, they gave Aiden and Jessica erted sounds and y glances.

Throughout the class period, Jessica was worried about Aiden. His focus was fixated on Krystal, and that hurt her a bit. When you're with me, can't you talk to me? She thought with a grimace. Her chest was tight.

Aiden decided to call Krystal, and see if she could come home faster.

The voice that answered was female. "Hello?"

"Hello." Aiden said, assuming it's her cousin or sister, bit it sounded a bit high. "Is Krystal there?"

"She's in the shower." The voice responded. "Who is this?'

"It's her boyfriend, Aiden. I just wanted to call. I need to talk to her." He oinched the bridge of his nose. "So when she comes out, could you have her call me?"

"... boyfriend? ... yeah, sure, I'll have her call you." The phone hung up and Aiden felt immensely relieved.

He looked around for Jessica. She was walking down the hall, looking at the posters. He jogged down there and leaned his head on her shoulder. "Did you wait long?"

"Only for five minutes." She dismissed coldly.

He seemed taken aback. Was she angry because he mentioned Krystal? Or because he called her? Did he make het wait that long?

He scratched his head. "Want to go grab some coffee?"

She shook her head. "I have class. I'm afraid I can't ditch this one like yesterday." She looked at him with a glare. She was mad. Unintentionally at least. She was mad that he called Krystal, when it clearly bothered her.

He nodded sadly. "Okay, then I'll see you after?"

"I have to go to a club meeting. Just go to your room." She says bye and leaves hin feeling worse.

Not only would Krystal be angry, Jessica was making him reevaluate whether he made the right decision. It would be karma if he got neither of them.

His phone rang soon after. It was Krystal.

"Hello?"

"Aiden." Krystal sounded sorrowful.

"What is it?"

"I cheated on you. I'm so sorry." His girlfriend cried on the phone.