We're Friends, Right?

How Far Will We Go

He never felt this much rush of adrenaline. Well, he didn't also have a friend try to commit suicide either so it was shocking to him. He felt his feet scrape across the asphalt as he tried to sprint all the way to the location Yuri wrote in her letter. Who knew she was such a fragile girl that would threaten to kill herself just because of another girl?

I can't let her do this. Aiden gritted his teeth. This is one of the stupidiest things I've ever seen. But if she died and Jessica found out, she'd never forgive herself. Like ever. And preventing someone killing themselves over a stupid reason seemed like the right thing to do.

***

"What are you doing up here?" Aiden huffed, hands on his knees, acting like those five miles was a breeze. He gave a sweaty smile to the girl sitting down at the edge.

"Looking down at all the people." Yuri smirked. "You know I can just crush them with my fingers up here. It's amazing."

Aiden twitched. "Why'd you have Shannon follow me?"

"Because she wanted to know why I was angry." Yuri shrugged, her feet dangling down the roof. "She's persistent and annoying so I told her to just go to you. Maybe you could deal with her."

"..." Aiden walked closer to the roof. "You know that this is dangerous."

"I know." Yuri replied. "Why do you think I came up here then?"

Aiden gave a small nod. How do you convince someone to not commit suicide? Tell them everything will be all right? Physically drag them off the roof and call 911? He didn't know what to do beside just look down the roof with her.

"How long are you going to be up here?" Aiden asked with a tense smile. Probably shouldn't tell her I have plans, he thought. It would tip her over the ledge, physically and figuratively.

"Maybe the whole night?" Yuri frowned at him. "You can leave. I just gave that note to Shannon because she kept asking."

"What are you going to do the whole night?" Aiden looked down at his hands and rubbed them together. "It looks like it's going to be a cold night."

"I know." She threw her hands in the air, which imbalanced her on the ledge and Aiden instinctively reached for her. She slapped his hands and steadied herself. "Don't touch me you ."

"Don't fall..." Aiden cautioned. 

"I won't fall." Yuri rolled her eyes. "Seriously you can leave."

He leaned against the roof balcony. "What will make it so that you come down?"

"A million dollars." Yuri mocked. "I'll come down eventually."

"When?" Aiden tapped his fingers on the concrete. "Sometime within the hour?"

"Why do you keep asking these questions?" Yuri scowled at him. "I'm trying to enjoy this awesome view and you just keep blabbering."

Aiden tensed up as Yuri jabbed a finger at him and again, she lost her balance. She scoffed as Aiden reached out for her again. "Seriously, dude, I'm okay."

"You don't look okay." Aiden muttered under his breath. He felt his phone vibrate but ignored it. "So, how long have you been up here?"

"I dunno." Yuri sighed. "You're not going to leave are ya?"

"Nope." Aiden shrugged his shoulders. "Friends wouldn't do that to each other."

"Friends?" Yuri gave a heartless laugh. "How are you my friend? You're just some that laughed behind my back while I poured my heart out to Jessica. We're not friends."

Aiden scratched his head in silence. "I wasn't laughing though. I was worried."

"That Jessica would like me? Hah, funny."

"Well yeah, this isn't the first time another girl tried to, you know... Steal my girlfriend." He tried to ignore Yuri's gaze of disbelief.

"This happened before? That must mean it won't be long before Jessica's on the market." Yuri laughed with a clap of her hand. She seemed to be thinking straight more now unlike when Aiden first came up. She was more reactive and her expression wasn't just a fixed grimace.

"That's why... I don't want that to happen." Aiden played with his fingertips on the concrete, playing an imaginary piano. "Because I've loved her for such a long time, I just can't give her up."

"So you're making me the douche that popped out of nowhere to ruin this happy couple?"

"I can't blame you for being attracted to Jessica... It's Jessica we're talking about." Aiden shrugged. "I just wished it would be someone else cause you were actually pretty cool to hang out with."

"Then find me someone better." Yuri muttered with a sad smile. She felt a little guilty but with more anger. If Aiden had told her earlier, maybe she would have moved on sooner. "Cause I can't see anyone better either."

"I can't find that person for you. But yeah, Jessica's one of a kind." Aiden extended his hand. "I can try though."

Yuri stared at his hand with reluctance. She looked back out into the city, trying to hide her relaxed expression. "Do you know anyone with a good body?"

"Since we loved Jessica, I can sort of see what type of girl you like." Aiden nodded. "There's this one sunbae, her body's not that good but her face is really pretty."

Yuri sighed and took his hand, finally accepting Aiden back. "Does she look like Jessica?"

"Not really, but she's really pretty. She was also in a few dramas a couple years ago." If Aiden was doing his math correct it, Yoona was single and very open to dating both genders.

"You said her body's not good?"

"Well I wouldn't know." Aiden smirked with Yuri beside him. "I'll ask her to meet you later this week if you want. I'm her favorite so I don't think she'd say no."

"Does Jessica know?" Yuri raised an eyebrow. "Cause I will always love her and if you up, I'll be swooping in like an eagle."

"If I up, then I won't hold you back." He smiled. "Since I know you're a good person too."

Yuri halted. "I'm not a good person..."

Aiden glanced at her with a puzzled expression. "What do you you mean you're not a good person?"

Yuri gave a deep sigh. "Don't hate me."

Aiden frowned. "What'd you do?"

"I told the administrative board you two were dating."