Consequences

How Far Will We Go

"Wait you told them?" Aiden grabbed Yuri's arm rather aggressively. His fingers dug into Yuri's arms. He was hoping she didn't say anything. That she wouldn't out of the goodness of her heart. But his guess was wrong.

"I sent them a picture of you two in the mail." Yuri scratched her head with avoiding eyes. "We should probably go get it back if it's not too late."

"Where'd you mail it?" Aiden let go as he headed downstairs.

"The dean's office." Yuri started fast walking to the door. "Is it that bad?"

"... You don't even know." Aiden ran after him.

***

"Oh that hit the fan quick." Henry paced in the room. "Are you sure that Yuri said that she told the board that you two were dating?" He shook Aiden's shoulders vehemently. "DID SHE OR DID SHE NOT?"

"She did." Aiden pushed Henry away with an angry tone. "By the time we got there, they said it was too late. The dean got the letter and Yuri even tried to say it was a prank. Her exact words 'it's a prank bro' didn't work well on him."

"Wow. What about Jessica?"

"I told Jessica too right before I came here."

"What'd she say?"

"That she would take all the responsibility." Aiden's hand fell to his sides. "What do I do? She'll get kicked out school."

"You don't know that." Henry wasn't convincing.

"Yuri said that's one of the punishments they placed in case of this."

"Then what happens to you?"

"Nothing. I'll just be put in some academic probation or something. It's not as bad as Jessica though."

"That ." Henry was lost. He didn't know what to say.

"I know." Aiden rubbed his fatigued eyes. "What should I do?"

"I dunno." Henry looked around the room with a sad expression. "Maybe you should talk to Jessica instead of me? You both need some comfort."

"She said she'd be fine. She kicked me out since it'd be worse if I stayed." Aiden pulled at his hair. "Imagine if the dean walked in on us in the same room after hours?"

"Wow. Did Yuri even say sorry? Was she even guilty?" Henry went to his bed and pulled out a bat. "Cause, you know we can still teach her a lesson."

"Probably. That's why she told me." He walked knto his bed and sat down with a grim expression. "I wish it were me."

Henry dropped his bat and picked up his laptop, quickly skimmed through websites to find anyone with any experience on this matter because, well, he didn't have any at all. What if someone had online? Maybe there was a loophole.

Aiden saw how worried his friend was. "Chill out. You're making me nervous."

"All these sources say that you get expelled too." Henry typed more furiously. "These people have no sympathy at all."

"It'll be fine." Aiden rested his chin on his hands. It would be fine, right?

***

"Are you two currently in a romantic relationship?" The bald man asked the two in a room full of other faculty members. The air was tense and rather quiet. It was like Aiden and Jessica were criminals. And boy did that mean get straight to the point. No formal introduction or anything, just that blunt questions.

"Yes." Jessica answered.

Aiden kept his face downcast. He felt guilt boil inside of him. Before the meeting, Jessica told him all the things he needed to do and not do. He needed to stay quiet and he'd just be suspended for the remainder of the quarter. That was the lightest punishment. As for Jessica, a miracle needed to happen. If it didn't... Well the situation looked bleak so he doubted one would occur.

"And you understand that it's prohibited that a member of the faculty, a staff, engage in such relationships with a student? Do you recall the contract you signed at the beginning of the year?" The man's eyebrows looked like catepillars because they kept twitching.

Jessica nodded again. She was forcing herself to stay positive, well at the least she tried to maintain her composure. You could tell her eyes were swollen from the previous night from crying. She had been crying when Aiden told her the news. Not like it surprised her really, but since it was actually happening it, it was bad.

"And yet you did not stop your advances." Another women noted. The crowd of faculty murmured in response.

Aiden played around with his hands. He didn't want to look around the room to see discouraging faces of the administrative board. They were already ruining his life with all the classes he had to take.

"We don't take lightly of this type of situation as you can abuse the power given to you to grade their assignments. So we gathered all the assignment grades of Aiden and other classmates to question if she did favor him."

The same women pulled out a stack of papers and passed them down to the other members watching.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT" Henry barged through the door on the side. "I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!"