Little Moments

How Far Will We Go

Knock knock. Aiden looked at the door. "Could that be Henry?" 

Jessica nods. "Most likely, it's been three hours."

"Come in." Aiden yelled. He sat up from the bed and look at Jessica, who was sitting in the kitchen.

The door opened with a exhausted Henry. His shoulders were slumped and he was dragging his backpack with a limp arm. The air around him seemed depressed. An imaginary rainstorm followed him as he walked in.

"What's wrong?" Jessica asked, approaching him. She closed the door behind him and led him to the couch. She looked at Aiden. It was weird seeing Henry so down, when he was always so up...

"I think..." Henry murmured. 

Aiden joined them and sat on the coffee table next to the couch. "Think what?" He prepared himself for the reveal of sad news. Maybe his grandmother died. 

"I think..." Henry repeated. "I FOUND MY SOULMATE!!"

Aiden jumped back from the explosive response. He frowned for a moment. "You like Shannon?"

"Shannon? Like? I ADORE SHANNON!" Henry grabbed Aiden's collar. "SHE'S SUCH A SWEETHEART!" His legs were shaking and couldn't help but emit an odd sound that could only be represented with the words gkkk. "She's my soulmate."

"Good for you!" Jessica patted him. "Did you ask her out for coffee or dinner?"

"No." He was beaming, his white teeth gleaming from ear to ear.

"... You didn't?" Aiden frowned. "Then why are you so happy?"

"Because she's so pretty and cute and GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Henry grabbed his head. "I want to meet her so bad!"

"Then call her."

"I don't have her number,"

"Then go wait for her after her class." Aiden suggested.

"I don't know her classes."

"You can wait for me at mine then. We're in the same class." Aiden pointed to Jessica. "That is, if you want to."

Henry smiled without a word.

"... What did you with her earlier?"

"She ignored me for like an hour." Henry commented. He began nibbling on his fingernails. Aiden slapped his hand.

"Really?" Aiden smirked. "How did it feel?"

"I've never had a girl ignore me. At first I was going through hell, but not I feel like she's playing with me."

"Okay..." Aiden nodded. "How does it make you feel?"

Henry droops down. "She's so perfect but why does she play around with me?"

"... You're all over the place." Aiden shook his head. "I'm not dealing with this right now." He grabbed Jessica's arm and pulled her away from Henry. "I need to spend time with my girlfriend, please."

"Go on, I'll probably go out later tonight." Henry couldn't help giggling. His mood had changed so rapidly again. Aiden shuddered. Men shouldn't giggle. The low pitch mixed with the repetitive laughter wasn't a good combination. It was creepy. Real creepy. In a few minutes, he could picture Henry somber.

Jessica smiled back at Henry. "He must be in love?"

"Infatuation? Or is it love?" He raised his brows as Jessica.

She turned red. "It's not my fault I'm like this, don't blame it on me. Blame it on my body for thinking this way."

"You're attracted to girls..." He teased. "But you love me?"

"Yes." She turned away. She laid down on the bed with her back to him. "You're embarrassing me."

"Well you were scaring me. I haven't had a girl tell me she liked another girl..." He paused. "Okay, you're the second one."

"You talking about Krystal?" Jessica turned her head back. "How is she? And her girlfriend? Was Amber her name? Didn't she look a lot like you?"

"Please don't talk about her. I'm getting paranoid thinking about how you could end up liking Yuri." Aiden laid next to her. He snuggled up behind her.

"... We're going to get married though." She corrected. "We should talk about that."

"How's your dad?" Aiden murmured, tracing her back with his fingers. "Does he want to go anywhere during the weekends?"

"N-no." She flipped around and slapped his hands. "Stop being dirty."

He emitted a low sigh and pouted. "We're getting married?"

"Yes? I'm just waiting for you to get down on your knee." Jessica played with his chin. "And for daddy to approve. You're almost there with him, he asks about you during the week."

"Does he?"

"He wants to know when you will be open to have a man-to-man talk?" She tilted her head. "How are your parents?"

"They keep sending me... ehem." Aiden points to his bed stand. "A box of condoms."

"..." She pushed his face away with both her hands. "Can't we just talk? And spend time together without having ?" She took a long look at the bed stand. "Yeah, I'm not in the mood." 

"Okay." Aiden nods. "How was your week? Did you miss me?"

She rolls her eyes. "Obviously? Why do you think I snuck into your room even though I said I wouldn't for this quarter?"

"Hehehehe." Aiden grinned. "I missed you too."

"I know. You send weird texts." Jessica reached for her phone to show her the text that he sent her at 3 in the morning. "You sound like a hopeless romantic in half of them."

"Because you ignore me so much. I feel so lonely." He exaggerates by hugging himself. "And I don't want to watch those adult videos since that would be cheating on you."

"Did you throw away your collection?" She rolled over him and dug her hand under the bed.

Aiden pulled her back. "Of course... not."

"You just said you don't need them. Let's throw them away right now." Jessica rolled over him again, this time with a giggle.

"But I do... When you let me..." He coughs, avoiding her eyes. She could see a erted grin plasterded on his face.

"I let you what?" She frowned. He wasn't thinking what she was thinking right?

"If I get permission from you, I can... ehem..." He felt his face flush. "Watch them... So you won't feel angry after."

"... You're asking me if I could give you permission" she started, "to let you watch ?"

"Yes." Aiden nodded.

"Hmm." Jessica thought for a moment. "Nope, you can't. I won't let you look at other women."

"Then how do I..." Aiden covered his face. "You know what? Let's not talk about this anymore."

"You're right, let's go throw them away."

Aiden gave a weak sigh. He shook his head and pulled Jessica close to him, hugging her so she couldn't move. He gave a grin and kissed her lips. "I'll give them to Henry then."

"He won't need it either?" Jessica raised an eyebrow.

"Then I'll give them to you." He started laughing, his arms weak to hold Jessica. "Since you like girls too."