Quest for Blessing

How Far Will We Go

"Hmmmm." Aiden frowned. "Which is which again?"

"This is a diamond halo ring." The lady explained. "And this one is sapphire."

"Um..." Aiden was confused. "Uh..."

"Most men prefer buying a silver or gold ring as the most basic levels." She points to other rings. "Would you like to look at them?"

"Uh.... Which is romantic and shows my true feelings?"

"If you wanted, you can engrave a word into one of the rings."

"I would like..."

"Do you know her finger size?"

"Finger size?" Aiden is losing it.

"You wouldn't want to get her one too large or too tight. Perhaps you should bring her in on another day?"

"That might be a good idea." He nodded. "Thank you for your help."

"Not at all." 

Aiden stepped outside. It had been three weeks since Jessica and Aiden had . She wasn't pregnant, thankfully. He wanted to elevate their relationship higher. When you think of Jessica, Aiden should pop up too.

Her father has not yet given them their blessing to get married, but her mother had, as had his parents. 

Winning over her father was difficult. Golfing, boxing, biking, and all the extreme sports were a challenge for him to do. Her father would beat him in everything. He had to at least beat him once, else he would not have the confidence to propose Jessica's hand in marriage. 

He felt his phone vibrate. Brrrzzzz. The caller was Jessica. 

"Hello?" He answered. 

"Good morning!" She greets happily. 

"Heh. Good morning."

"Are you doing anything today?"

"I'm uh... no, why?" 

"Daddy wants to go bowling."

"Bowling? Is he good at that too?" Aiden nibbles on his nail.  

"Nope. His record is 300 points."

"... that's the max."

"Oh really? He said if you beat him, he-"

"He'll give us our blessing." He finished. That is what he said about the other sports. 

"Yeah." She sounded excited. "This one should be easy, right?"

"I don't know. I haven't gone bowling before."

"How did you know that 300 is the max?"

"I watched professional bowling on tv." He admits. "I was bored."

"Wahow." Is all she said. "Then you should know some techniques, no?"

"No. When does he want to play?"

"Today." 

"Okay. Which alley?"

"Alley?"

"Bowling alley."

"Ah. It's ******** at *******." Jessica said. "Lets meet up right now."

"Mkay." Aiden nodded. "I'm at the mall. Can you come here?"

"I was heading there! We are a perfect match."

"Che. Hurry your over. I have something I want to do with you."

"Arasso!" She hangs up. 

Aiden hangs around a cafe, orders an americano and cappuccino for him and Jessica. The girls eye him like a meal. 

Jessica bounds in, wearing earmuffs and a thick coat. "Hi."

He stands up to kiss her lips. "Hello."

Jessica pulls away and laughs. "What is this?"

She takes out her phone and shows a reflection of his face. The cappuccino gave him a nicely rounded mustache. "I'm going to take a picture. Don't wipe it."

Aiden involuntarily tried to wipe it, but her hand stopped him as she took the picture. "My boyfriend is so clumsy!"

He wipes it and pecks her cheek. "No wonder everyone was laughing."

"See, you can't do right things without me." She takes a sip of her americano. "Where did you want to go?"

"Jewelry store." He carefully took a sip and checked his lips. There was a smudge. 

"Don't wipe it with your hands." Hessica scolded him. He stops. She leans in and it off. "It's a waste if you do."

He turns a taint bit of red and looks away. Her actions made him go nuts. He can't help himself. He wants to... do dirty things... that's all he can't think of now.

Jessica giggles. "Are you embarrassed?"

He gives a nod, leading her to hold his hand. "Don't worry. You are cute."

"Thank you." He can't stare at her.

"What were you going to buy at the jewelry?" She leans forward, her chest had more exposure. Jessica had become more bold after they had . She wore short shorts that showcased her and skimpy skirts that showed her . It was as if she was trying to provoke him. He was nearing his limit. 

She frowns. "What's wrong?" Her eyes follow his line of vision and she smirks. "Isn't my chest bustling?"

He jumps as Jessica says bustling. "No. I just think..."

"What?" Her hands lock on his head to make him not look away. 

"Yah." He whines. 

"Yah? I'm your noona!" She tries to pull his head toward her s. She was unsuccessful. 

"Rings. I wanted to buy you an engagement ring." He pulls away. 

"Eh? But daddy hasn't given us our blessings yet."

"He doesn't need to know." Aiden said. 

"He's going to think I'm pregnant." Her expression wasn't bright. "Let's save that for another day."

"Uh. Sure. Fine. What do you want to do then? While we wait?" He asked as he looked at the stores outside. Don't say shopping. Don't say shopping. 

"Um." Pensive is she.

He gives her a gleaming smile. "Hotel?"

"Hotel?" She raises an eyebrow. 

"Lately you've been making me feel all... you know. Especially with what you wear."

She looks over her outfit. "What is wrong with what I wear?"

He whispers in her ear. "I can see everything."

She instinctively covers her chest. "Byuntae!"

"Or we can go to park and make a snowman." Aiden watches the snow drizzle down. 

"I'm going to have to reject both, I'm on my period." Jessica huffs. 

"I wish you would not tell me those things." He dug his face into the table. "It makes me feel bad that you're a girl."

"Would you like it if I was a man?" She uses her hair to make a fake moustache.

"I don't want you to have a... sausage either."

"What should I be then?"

"Both?" He snickers. 

"Maybe you should be the girl and I, the guy. It even fits." She acts manly. Her arms flex her biceps. 

"Sorry, but I like being bigger than you." He kisses her nose quickly. "And I don't wanna give birth."

"Birth is the best! You need to experience it." Jessica says with thick sarcasm. 

"Really?" He frowns. 

"Yeah, in Korea, it's a tradition for the wife to kick the husband in the balls to show them how painful it is." She smirked.