Sweet Talk

How Far Will We Go

The dinner at Jessica's was horrifying. Aiden felt his whole entire existence probed violently by Jessica's dad. He asked him questions about his parents, his job experience, his major, where he grew up, who he grew up with, any siblings, and very personal things like if he watched adult videos and if he wanted to have with Jessica. All of those questions that had dangerous repercussions, he answered no. 

Jessica was quiet the entire time with the occasionally blush or "dad!" She couldn't intervene and help Aiden. Her only defense was to shove food into Aiden's mouth to prevent him from speaking and delaying any further questions. 

She didn't want to know who his first crush was, it would makes her boil with anger and give her violent thoughts. She would find that girl and scary her to death just for having close interactions with him. I guess in a way, she was resembled her father greatly in that, they both werr violent with a short temper. 

"Did you have fun?" Jessica asked as they strolled around a nearby park. They were heading to the swing set. 

It was evening and the air was cool, the breezes giving them a surge of relief from the awkward and deadly dinner talk. 

"Uh... yeah?" Aiden stares at her, waiting for her response. 

"He asked a lot of private questions, sorry." She stuffed her hand in his jacket pocket. 

He raised an eyebrow at her. 

"I didn't bring gloves and I only have one handwarmer." She holds out her left hand. 

"Want mine?" He held his out. 

She declined. "I need just one."

"Okay." Aiden stops right in front of the swings. Jessica removes her hand and sits down. She nods to the other vacant swing. 

He sits down and looks at her. "Who was your first crush?"

"We're still asking questions?" Jessica blows on her hands. 

"You know mine." Aiden starts. "So tell me yours. I won't feel hurt in any way."

"You didn't tell me yours." Jessica deflected. 

He scratched his head with a mellow grin. "My first crush was you."

Jessica gawks. "Really?"

He nods. "Don't you remember I confessed to you during your senior year?" 

"I do, but it's hard to believe I was your first." She says. 

"You were. I was blinded by you back then."

"What about now?"

"Now what?"

"What do you like about me?"

Aiden frowns, thinking. 

"Why are you taking so long? Is it that hard?" She slaps him. 

"I like how you always have a positive attitude?" He said unsure. 

"..." She kicks the bark under her feet violently. She was no doubt like her father...

"Uh.. um... ah... I like it when you get jealous over someone else." He smiles. "Like that time we went to the dukbukggi stand. You thought I flirted with a middle aged woman."

"You did flirt." 

"And I like the way you smile. How your face shines like the sun does to the moon. It engulfs me and makes me want to show you off to the whole world. How the end of your lips curl up. Your eyes that send lasers, piercing my heart repeatedly." He says. 

"Anything else?"

"I like it when you do the small gestures, like when you put your hand in my jacket and how you wipe off food from my lips when I'm eating, even when you eat off my plate using my fork." Aiden rests his head on his elbow. "When you touch me I get giggly and want to be around you all day long. I want you to sleep in my arms and watch your sleeping face, touch the contours and wrinkles relax while you rest. Does that explain why I like you?" 

Jessica is smug. She pats his head. "I should reward you."

"Since we're on this topic, what do you like about me?" Aiden asks. 

Jessica becomes pensive. "I like you because..."

Aiden bites his lip in anticipation. Would she say his body? His personality? His style? His enduring drive? 

"Your body is good." She gives a thumbs up. "And you look like a lost sheep."

"That it?"

"I like you because you care so much." Jessica tries again. 

"I guess it's a hard question to answer." Aiden is disappointed. 

Jessica apologizes. "It's hard to express it in words."

"I understand. I just hope that day comes soon. I want you to feel all bubbly like I did."

"Bubbly? What a masculine word." She teases. 

"I know right? I guess the next proper thing would be meeting my parents." 

"You're parents are very kind."

"Have you met them before?" He asks. 

"Yep. You mom likes to give me hugs and your dad likes to give me pictures of you."

"I didn't know you were that close." Aiden is a bit flustered. "My pictures? When I was a baby?"

"Yeah. I saw your tiny-"

"I'm big." He corrects. 

"No. Your-"

"I am big." He covers and she slaps it away. 

"Your hands are big?" She raises an eyebrow. "How could your hands be big when you are a baby?"

"Hands?" Aiden gives her a apologetic expression. "I thought you meant something else."

"Your weewee?" She giggles. 

"..." He stands up. 

"What? It was cute." She laughs. 

"I'm going to ask your mom for your baby photos!" He storms off in the direction of her home.

"Noo!" She chased after him. 

Aiden was sneaky. He stopped randomly while running, making Jessica bump into him. Her arms were extended and snuggly slid through his sides. Aiden turned back and gave a smirk. 

Jessica, realizing that she was hugging him, attempted to pull away. Aiden caught her hands and kept her there. 

"If I knew you were going to do this." Jessica grew red. 

"I'm a genius." He laughs. His hands were warm. Her hands were soft. Both of them liked it.

He was the first to speak. "Your hands are soft. And small."

"Why to you speak of the obvious?" She snuggles into his wide back. 

Aiden stares at her hands. Pink nails. Long, slender fingers. "Because they're pretty."

"..." She smells his back. His scent. Husky and inviting. Sweet and making her smile. 

Aiden jerked. "What did you just do?"

Jessica pulls away, smirking herself. "What do you think I did?"

"Did you... did you wipe your nose on me?" He reaches for his back, twisting, bending all around. 

"Babo!" Jessica skips away. 

"Tell me what you did!" Aiden yells.