We Found Nemo!

How Far Will We Go

"Wahhh!" Jessica slammed her hands against the thin window. "It's Nemo!"

"Nemo isn't real." Aiden muttered.

"And Dory! And Carl!" Jessica slaps Aiden with excitement. He winces with each spicy swing. "Did you see those clownfish?"

"No, actually I'm blind. I cannot see." He rolled his eyes. She was so childishly cute. He wouldn't admit that though. Never in a million years.

The two of them were at the aquarium, gazing at the marine life. It was bustling with diversity wildlife and obnoxious people. They were lucky to be close to the window because of how crowded it was. The children, especially, were do absorbed into the animals. Their parents stood in the back to monitor them.

"Look at that little fishy!" Jessica's attention was glued to the tank. "It looks like baby Nemo!"

People were beginning to stare. Not that Aiden cared a lot... He wouldn't be jealous... The only reason why it irked Aiden was because there were guys. College guys, it seemed, with their stupid nametags that said "Hello, my name is..." They were staring at Jessica like sharks and she was a desirable meal.

"Can you speak more softly?" Aiden slipped his arm around her shoulder, hoping to make it clear, they were dating. He also gave the death glare tk every passing guy. They got the message clear. Jessica stared at his arm briefly.

"Why?" She brushed his arm away. "Let me be a kid for an hour."

"You weren't like this while we were friends." Aiden frowns. She wasn't. She was more intelligent-like... More sophisticated and mannered.

"Of course, I have to act all coy and composed while I'm not dating." Her hand grabs his, a marvelous revelation hitting her. Her eyes beamed radiant craziness as she read the sign. "Turtles. Let's go see turtles."

"But we just got-" The smaller girl pulled Aiden across the hallway and into another corridor. Her strength was no joke. A small petite girl, dragged a guy, who weighted over 65 kg. Amazing and scary, yet also cute.

"Guhbooggi!" Jessica claps her hands.

"You're that happy over turtles?" Aiden leans against the wall, observing her.

"This is the first time I've seen turtles."

"This is my first time I've seen you like this." He retorts.

"Is it bad?"

"Of course..." She glares at him. "Not."

"I think I like turtles the best." Jessica nods. "Their flappy fins are just too dang adorable."

"Should I buy you a turtle? Would that keep you happy?" His question alerted Jessica.

"No. I just need a llama."

"Bahahaha." Aiden tries to imitate the animal.

"Good boy." She pats his head. He was whipped, right? Who cares. He's dating a gorgeous girl from out of the universe.

"When do you want to see dolphins?" Aiden picked up a pamphlet about turtles and their migration patterns.

"What if I get in by them?" Jessica whispered.

"No need. I'm throwing you in." He grins, he demonstrates by throwing the pamphlet back into the pile of papers.

"I will be with my people." She stands up straight and responds seriously. Her upper lips quivered. Aiden eyes her and bursts laughing.

"You're laughing now, but you won't be when you get sent to a zoo to return to your group of llamas." She warns him.

"Huff. I would be surrounded with a harem of female llamas." Aiden teases. "You would be jealous."

"I would be in a deep relationship, get it? Deep. Like in water that's deep." Jessica's laugh resonates off the walls.

"Fun..ny!" He claps indifferently. She and her corny jokes.

"Thank you. I'm here every Friday." She does a mocking bow.

"Che." He scoffs. "Who's girlfriend are you?"

"Some lame college boy." She grins.

"That lame boy must be secretly awesome if he lets his girlfriend do standup comedy." Aiden wraps an arm around her waist, his eyes absorbed on her lips. They were inches apart, and the distance closing in rapidly.

"Nah. He's just some pathetic boy who has a crush on an older woman." She teases, poking his shoulder.

"She used her cougar powers to draw him in. Her seductive powers overwhelmed him." Aiden chuckles.

"And he took the bait." She laughs. "Bait. As in fish bait! Hehe."

"I know." He smiles. His hand came up to reach her cheek. It was warm and so soft. "I'll always take the bait if you're the one to throw it."

She closed her eyes abruptly as he captured her lips. His soft lips embraced hers in a delicate manner, keeping it simple, yet addicting. She felt her heart throb as he tugged away.

Her face must have been apparent because he leaned in for another kiss, this time with added force. His teeth grazed her upper lip, nibbling and pulling her lips. Their kiss was sweet and passionate, their breaths ragged. Again he pulled away with a smirk. "I thought you said I was off the hook for kissing today."

"You were." She stressed the word "were." Which was code for "off the hook."

"Hehe." He wiped her lips with his jacket sleeve. It instead made it worse. "I messed up your lipstick."

"Eww. You ate my lipstick?" She gave a gross look. Her hand entered her bag and grabbed the small cylinder for reapplication. A mirror also appeared and her expert hands fixed it quickly.

"Your lips tasted like sweet cherry for some odd reason. It was good." He laughed, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. She didn't remove it this time.

"You have lipstick too." Her hand rises to wipe his lips.

He kisses her hand. "I think I want to marry you."

"..." She was stunned.

"Jessica?" He fixed his gaze upon her. Was it too soon? From her reaction, she doesn't feel that way. It couldn't be a one-sided relationship, right? Where one person loves the other more.

"Uh..." She looked down at her hands, obviously uncomfortable. The atmosphere became tense and awkward.

"Why? Are you upset about what I said? About wanting to marry you?" He tries to act upbeat.

She gives a timid nod. She wasn't ready for a conversation like that, out of the blue too.

He pats her head soothingly. "I brought it up too soon then. Ah. It's embarrassing being the first one to say this." He covered his face, blushing.

At times like this, it made Jessica feel like a dongsaeng and that Aiden was older. Someday, he'll grow wings and fly away, she thought. Would he still stay with her? Even if she did something horribly unimaginable. Did his heart belong to her? Was she supposed to love him too?