Helping Hand

Dirty Little Secret

Seulong dropped off Kwon at his place and head home. He determined to make Khun change the apartment deed to his name at all cost. The place is high in value and he could use the money after selling it to pay off some of his debt. When he got home, he saw a few people entering and exiting the place taking his stuff and put it on the hallway.

            “What the hell?” he marched to the door. “What the hell you think you’re doing?”

            “Excuse me sir…you have no right to be here…this is a private property.” The man in suit said. He had clipboard with him and ticked everything while watching the other guys work.

            “This is my house…”

            “Unfortunately no anymore…this place is sold two days ago…here’s the proof…” the guy gave Seulong a piece of paper.

It said that the place now sold and at the bottom of it, there’s Khun’s signature.

            “Khun sold this place?”

            “Yes…so I suggest you take your stuff at the hallway and leave…the new tenant is coming soon and please don’t make a scene here because I will call the authority if you did…” the guy bowed and continue his work.

            “Damn it!” he took out his phone and dialled Khun’s number.

*Sorry, the number you have dialled is not in service...* it was the operator.

            “Where the hell are you?” he was about to explode.

*You can’t run away from me Khun ah…not after what you have done…I will find you!* Seulong picked up his stuff and went back to his car. Looks like he have to stay over at Kwon’s place for a while.

*******************************

            “Home sweet home…” Khun put the last box of his stuff on the coffee table. He looked around and smiled.

            “This place looks better than the picture…don’t you think?” Vicky said as she arranging the cutleries in the kitchen cabinet.

            “Yup…”

            “Time for new life…and new love…” she said.

            “I’m gonna hold up the love part…after what happened with Seulong I’m sure I’m gonna be better off alone for a while…”

            “What about Chansung?”

            “What about him?”Khun stared at Vicky.

            “Don’t play dumb with me…I saw the way you two talked at the MT the other day…and you two in the same room right?”

            “He’s just a friend…nothing more…”

            “Hold up…are you saying that nothing happened when you got roomed up with an amazingly hot guy?”

            “In case you forget I don’t just jump on guys…no matter how hot they are…besides, Chansung is not gay…”

            “Seriously? Man, you’re so clueless…Chansung is gay and he got his eyes on you…”

            “No way!”

            “Yes way! I’ve seen the way he looked at you…at the agency…and during that MT…let just say he had twinkles in his eyes whenever he saw you…”

            “You’re just making things up…there’s absolutely no way Chansung liked me…we’re just good colleagues…”

            “Just wait until he ask you out…by then I’m gonna say ‘I told you so’…”

            “It’s not gonna happen…”

            “We’ll see about that…”

The first night at the new place seemed surreal to Khun. For once he felt like he finally at peace and there’s no one would treat him like dirt. However, something worried him…would Seulong came searching for him later? He probably would by the way of his attitude but Khun decide just to toss that worry away and concentrate his future life.

******************************

Chansung paced back and forth in front of the dance practise room debating whether to enter or not. After several minutes fighting with his own mind he finally have the courage to turned the doorknob and enter.

            “That’s it! 1, 2, 3, 4 and twirl! Jump 1,2…slide 3, 4…” Vicky instructed her students. “Bambam! You’re missing the beat!”

            “Nae…”

Vicky saw Chansung at the door and walked towards him.

            “Yes? Is there something I could help you with?” she said.

            “Um…could we talk somewhere more private?” Chansung whispered at her ear.

            “Sure…hold on…” Vicky went to the front of the room. “Cut the music! Everybody take 10!”

The two of them walked out and went to the far corner of the hallway near the fire escape stairs.

            “So, what do you want to talk about?” Vicky said looking at the slightly nervous man in front of him.

            “Um…actually, I want to ask you about Nichkhun ssi…”

            “Khun? What do you want to know?”

            “You’re his best friend right?”

Vicky nodded.

            “So you must know whether he’s dating or anything right?” Chansung felt that his palm getting unusually sweaty.

            “Yeah…”

            “So I wanna know…if he’s dating someone right now…”

            “What if I say that he’s in relationship?”

            “Well…in that case I have t stick being a friend then…” Chansung sigh. Looks like his intention to make his move on Khun would have to be put on hold.

            “I’m just messing with you…he’s definitely single…” Vicky laughed.

            “Ah noona…”

            “But let me tell you one thing…he just got out of a bad relationship…and he could be drawn back on this dating stuff…so you have to be patient with him…”

            “Bad relationship? How bad?” Chansung asked in curiosity.

            “I’ll leave him to tell you personally…”

            “If you say so…anyway…thanks a lot noona…” Chansung leaned over and gave a quick peck on Vicky’s cheek.

After Chansung’s gone, Vicky’s phone rings. When she looked at the screen, her mood turned bad in an instant. It was Seulong.

Vicky  : What do you want calling me?

Seulong : I wanna know where Khun is.

Vicky  : How should I know?

Seulong : You’re his best friend…you should know…

Vicky  : Well I don’t! Why are you looking for him anyway?

Seulong : It’s none of your business!

Vicky : And why did you call me then?

Vicky hung up the phone and decided to change her number too.

****************************

            “And why did you call me then?” and the line went off.

            “Hello? Hello? Yaa!” Seulong throw his phone and it broke into two.

            “Hey, what’s wrong with you?” Kwon asked.

            “Nothing…urghh!”

Seulong decided that he would go and search for Khun himself.

A few days later…

Khun got back to the agency from lunch when he saw an elder woman at the lobby carrying paper bags in both of her hands.

            “Hi…can I help you with that?” Khun asked.

            “Sure…that is so nice of you…” she smiled and hand over some of the bags to Khun.

They went to the elevator together.

            “So, you work here?” the old woman asked.

            “Nae…I’m the music teacher…”

            “Really? You like working here?”

            “Yea…everyone is nice…great work environment…” Khun said and it was the truth though.

They arrived at the top floor and Khun realised that they were at the main office.

            “We’re here…c’mon…”

The old lady hooked her arm with Khun and walked out from the elevator together side by side.

            “Omma…”

Taecyeon saw his mom when he got out from the meeting room. Khun was next to her.

            “Yaa! Ok Taecyeon! I called you hundreds of times but you didn’t bother to pick up even once!” she smacked the back of Taecyeon’s head.

            “I was in meeting…” he rubbed his head. His mom used to do that since he was a kid and apparently, when he got older the habit stayed with her. She still thinks him as her little boy.

            “Thank god I met this lovely young man down at the lobby…”

            “Nichkhun ssi…” Taecyeon said.

            “Nichkhun? Your name doesn’t sound Korean…”

            “Actually I’m half Thai, half Chinese…living in Korea since I was a kid…”

            “I see…”

            “Um…I better go…the kids must be waiting…” Khun bowed and left.

In Taecyeon’s private office…

            “That is one nice guy…he saw me struggling with these bags and offered to help…” his mom said about Khun. It makes Taecyeon heart skipped a beat hearing Khun’s name.

            “He is nice…so, what are you doing here? I thought your flight back to Boston is tonight…”

            “Yup…I just dropping off some of this stuff…Jihyen is on business trip to Brazil so you have to give these to her instead…”

            “Nae…so, Eunjung said you’re meeting a girl now…”

            “She said that?”

            “Yeah…are you serious? Should we go meet her parents?”

            “Omma…please…we only gone out a few times and we’re still getting to know each other…but shouldn’t this marriage talk go to noona? She’s older than me…”

            “Aigoo…that girl…don’t get me start…every time I flew back here, she would be on business trip and stuff…as if she was avoiding me…I just wish she would just get married and settle down for good…”

            “Omma, she’s still young…she wants to enjoy her life as a matured single woman…there’s nothing wrong with that…”

            “You always have something to say to defend her aren’t you?” his mom glared at him.

            “She’s my sister after all…” Taecyeon smiled.

Late evening…

Chansung was walking towards his car when he saw Khun at the roadside.

*He must be going home…*

He walked over but then a guy came to Khun. He tried to pull Khun hands but he pushed him away.

*Who is that?*

Khun was waiting for the bus when suddenly Seulong came.

            “There you are! You know how long I’ve been looking for you?” he yelled.

            “What do you want?”

            “You sold the apartment and didn’t tell me?”

            “I must’ve forget…it’s mine after all…it’s up to me to tell you or not…” Khun said. He didn’t know where he got the strength to say that to Seulong.

            “Now you’re talking back at me? Wow…that’s new!”

            “Look…I’ve decided that we should go separate ways…I’m tired of being your punching bag…”

            “Know what…that is something that I can decide…not you…come…I’m gonna teach you a lesson so that you won’t play around with somebody like me…”

Seulong grabbed Khun’s hands and pulled him towards his car not far away.

            “Let me go!” Khun tried to loosen Seulong’s grip but it didn’t work.

            “Not gonna happen…” Seulong hissed.

Then…

            “What’s going on here?”

            “Chansung ssi…” Khun felt relieved. He immediately snatch his hands away and stood next to Chansung.

            “Who the hell are you?”

            “I’m his boss…is everything okay here?”

            “That’s none of your concern…that gonna come with me!” Seulong crossed his arms looking arrogant.

            “I’m not going anywhere with you…”

            “Yes you are!”

Seulong tried to pull Khun again but Chansung stopped him.

            “What the hell? This is none of your business!” Seulong snapped.

            “Clearly that he don’t want to follow you…he is my employee and I’m in charge…I would ask you to leave nicely or I will get the security to get rid of you…” Chansung whistled and two of the guards standing at the entrance came running.

            “Well…this is not over!”

In Chansung’s car…

            “Chansung ssi…thanks again for earlier…” Khun said.

            “It’s okay…I’m glad to help…if you don’t mind me asking…who is that guy anyway?”

            “Um…he’s my ex…we used to live together before I sold the apartment and move out…it’s mine by the way…”

            “Oh…”

Chansung remembered Vicky saying that Khun just got out of a bad relationship…that must be it…the guy called him and tried to use force on him…

            “I’m sorry if I troubled you somehow…”

            “No…not at all…I’m glad to help…”

They arrived at Khun’s new place and it was 15 minutes away from Chansung’s house. At the building entrance…

            “Thanks for the ride…” Khun smiled. He’s glad to have someone as nice as Chansung to help him.

            “No problem…are you sure you gonna be okay?”

            “Yeah…” Khun nodded.

Chansung kept thinking of there’s something he could do to make Khun feel better.

            “So…I’ll see you tomorrow…” Khun said. He bowed and head to the elevator.

A few seconds later, he heard Chansung called his name. He turned around and suddenly Chansung hugged him.

            “You still have me…I will be there for you if you need me…” Chansung whispered.

            “Chansung ssi…” Khun was in shocked with Chansung’s action.

            “I’ll see you at the agency tomorrow…”

Then he left.

 

The longest chapter to date...

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!