Knight In Shining Armor

Dirty Little Secret

Taecyeon get back to his car with a relieved heart. At least now he knew that Khun arrived safely at his place. He drove out of the parking lot and when he stopped at the traffic light; his eyes caught something at the backseat. It was Khun’s bag. He decided to turn around and return it just in case Khun might have something important in there.

           “Think you can run away from me ?” Seulong said.

Before Khun could close the door, Seulong came barging into the apartment.

            “What do you want Seulong? I told you…we’re over.”

            “You sold the apartment without even telling me?”

            “It’s mine…I can do anything I want with it…” Khun kept his distance from Seulong.

            “Well, well…looks who talking back right now? Does your new toy teach you how to do it?” He smirked.

            “What do you mean?”

            “I saw you with a guy just now…it was a different man I the other day…tell me…you’ve been jumping from guy to another now?”

            “He’s just my boss!”

            “Oh really? As if I’m gonna believe that…did he ed you yet?”

            “It’s none of you concern! What do you want Seulong ah? Just leave me alone…”

            “I want my share of the apartment…I’m sure you made a lot of money from it…”

            “You have no right…that place was mine before we even met…”

            “I don’t care…I want my share and I want it now…”

            “You’re not get a cent from me…it’s enough that I’ve become your punching bag and I’m not gonna take it anymore…”

            “That’s not gonna happen baby…”

            “Please get out before I call the cops…”

            “Not before I get what I came for…”

Seulong charged forward towards Khun and punched his stomach. Khun grunted and slumped on the floor. Seulong took the opportunity on the defenceless Khun and kicked his ribs repeatedly.

            “I told you don’t ing mess with me! Who do you think you are? You’re just a worthless piece of that I took pity on…and this how you repay me?” Seulong’s rage maximised. He can’t believe that Khun actually defy his needs. He grabbed Khun’s hair and punched his jaw.

            “Stop…please…” Khun grunted in pain. Curling his body into a foetal position, he prayed that someone would come and rescue him.

Taecyeon reached to Khun’s floor and when he arrived, the door was ajar. He heard yelling and his curiosity telling him to get inside. His foot stopped at the scene in front of him. There was a man beating the hell out of Khun and cursing at him.

            “Stupid ! Do you know how I spend my time on a like you?”

            “What the hell you think you’re doing?” Taecyeon yelled. He looked over at Khun and saw he was almost unconscious on the floor.

            “This got nothing to do with you!”

            “Like hell it doesn’t! Nichkhun ssi…”

            “Taec…Taecyeon ssi…” Khun answered between breathe.

            “I’m gonna call the police if you don’t leave this instant!”

            “Who the hell are you? His new toy?” Seulong smirked and kicked Khun again.

            “You bastard!”

Taecyeon ran over and gave a solid punch on Seulong’s face. He staggered backward from the blow.

            “Get the hell out!” Taecyeon took his phone and dialled a number. “Hello…police…I would like to make a report…”

Seulong panicked and fled away. Taecyeon was on the phone and crouched to check on Khun.

            “Yes…he just ran out…Nichkhun ssi…” Taecyeon cradled Khun’s head. Blood trickled down at the corner of his mouth.

            “You came back…”

            “Let’s get you to the hospital…”

Taecyeon drove like a mad man on racing track on the way to the hospital. He occasionally glanced at the beat up Khun sitting at the backseat. 10 minutes later, they arrived and Khun got admitted straight to the emergency room.

Half an hour later, the doctor came out.

            “How is he doctor?” Taecyeon asked.

            “And you are?”

            “I’m his friend…is he gonna be alright?”

            “He got beat up pretty good…hair line fractured on his right rib, bruise on his jaw…and his body…luckily there’s no internal damage or bleeding…do you know who did this?”

            “No…a guy…”

            “I think he should report it to the authority…I’ll give you the full medical check up later…”

            “Thank you doctor…”

Couple of hours later…

Khun opened his eyes and felt like his body just got hit by a truck. His chest hurt and when he tried to get up, sudden pain made him whimper.

            “You’re awake…” Taecyeon came into the room.

            “Taecyeon ssi…”

            “You got knocked out pretty bad just now…” he smiled.

Suddenly Khun broke into tears. Taecyeon panicked and went to his side.

            “Hey what’s wrong?” Taecyeon asked.

Khun just sat there and cried his eyes out. The sudden feeling of vulnerable and insecure hit him hard and the things that Seulong did came back into his mind haunting him. Taecyeon sat on the bed next to Khun and pulled him into his embrace.

            “It’s gonna be alright…he’s gone…I won’t let him hurt you anymore…” Taecyeon whispered and rubbed Khun’s back.

            “I wanna go home…”

            “But…”

            “Please…I just wanna go home…I hate hospitals…please…” Khun looked at Taecyeon with pleading eyes.

            “Fine…I’ll go ask the doctor if they can discharge you…”

In the car…

            “You ok?” Taecyeon asked.

Khun just nodded.

            “If you don’t mind me asking…who is that guy? A loan shark? He did come to the agency a week ago right?”

            “How did you know?” Khun asked.

            “I saw you and him…and Chansung…”

            “He’s…he’s my ex…I broke off our relationship and sell off my apartment that we’re living together and move…I guess he can’t accept that…”

            “Did he always…” Taecyeon was hesitating to ask but he wanted to know. “Lay his hands on you…”

Khun silently nodded.

Taecyeon grip on the steering wheel tightened. So the bruise he saw during the shower at MT was a gift from that bastard. It made him so mad at the thought of somebody actually hit the guy that that he secretly harbouring his feelings on.

            “Where are you taking me?” Khun asked as this wasn’t his usual route home.

            “To my place…you’re staying with me…”

            “Taecyeon ssi…just take me back to my place…you helped me enough…”

            “That guy is still out there…and I’m not taking any chances…he could come back…you’re staying with me until we caught that guy…speaking about him…we’re stopping at the police station so we can do a report…”

            “Report?”

            “Yup! That guy need to get caught so he can’t do this to others…”

            “But Taecyeon ssi…”

            “No buts or what so ever…I’m your boss and you gonna obey my words…”

After 2 hours at the station giving them statement and filing the report on Seulong’s action they made their way home.

            “Come on in…” Taecyeon lead the way into his apartment.

Khun looked around and impressed by the interior. It was warm and cozy…with minimal furniture and the place was a lot bigger than his own.

            “Here’s the guest room…there’s a towel in the bath…I’ll find something from my closet for you to wear…”

Khun sat the bed and still can’t believe that he’s actually in Taecyeon’s apartment…he was nice to him and he even took him in. He went to the bathroom and filled the long tub with warm water. After peeling his clothes from his body, he sat in the tub soaking his sore body.

*At least Seulong won’t find me here…*

Taecyeon came into the room and it was empty. He saw the bathroom light on and knocked.

            “You in there?” he asked.

            “Yeah…” Khun answered from inside.

            “I leave your change of clothes on the bed…I’ll be back with something for you to eat…”

He hurried to the kitchen and scrambled the fridge for something to cook. After agonising what food to make, he finally decided to make abalone porridge. He not much of a cook but after years of living alone, he managed to upgrade his cooking skills.

Taecyeon carried a tray to the guest bedroom and when he entered, Khun was walking out from the bathroom.

            “I made porridge…since the doctor said that you got to stay off solid for the next couple of days…”

            “Thank you Taecyeon ssi…I dunno how I could repay you…”

            “Did the clothes fit you? That’s the only thing I could find…” Taecyeon eyeing Khun from head to toe.

Surprisingly, Khun did look good in his old clothes…at least to his eyes. The sweatpants hung loose around the waist and the shirt fit nicely.

            “Eat this…I have a phone call to make…” Taecyeon smiled and left.

Taecyeon went to his room and closed the door behind him. He took out his phone and dialled a number.

            “Hey Himchan…it’s me…can you meet me now? I’ll be waiting at the parking lot at my apartment...thanks…” he hung up.

Khun sat down and looked at the porridge. It smelled divine…he took a spoonful and it was good.

*Good looking, nice and can cook…perfect man to every girl…*

He continued eating when Taecyeon knocked the door.

            “Hey, I gotta down to meet a friend for a while…

            “Ok…” Khun nodded.

            “How does that taste anyway? I hope it’s not bad…”

            “It’s good…”

            “Phew…I’m glad…I’ll be back soon ok?”

A well-suited man got out from a tinted black sedan.

            “Hyungnim…” the man bowed at Taecyeon.

            “Himchan ah…I need you to do something for me…”

            “Yes hyungnim…”

            “I want you to find this man…” he gave a small envelope to Himchan. “He might be lurking around Yeudongpo right now…when you find him, hand him over to the authority…”

            “May I know who this guy is?”

            “Let just say he hurt somebody that I know and I want him to be locked behind the bars…”

            “Is this all hyungnim?”

            “Yes…and you put some of our men on guard at Apartment Carline on 57th Street…he might go there…”

            “Yes hyungnim…”

            “Thank you Himchan ah…” he patted Himchan’s back. “You can go now…”

Taecyeon watched as Himchan drove away. At least now, the guy that hurt Khun is not going anywhere when he got his men trailing him steps.

Next morning…

Khun woke up and called Vicky.

Vicky  : Hey stud…where are you? I thought we’re having breakfast together today.

Khun  : About that…I think I won’t be coming to work for couple of days…

Vicky  : You are? Are you ok Khun ah? Are you sick or something?

Khun  : A little…but you don’t have to worry…it’s only mild migraine…

Khun didn’t want to tell Vicky anything and the fact that he’s staying at their boss’ place could get out of control.

Vicky  : Do I need to bring you anything?

Khun  : It’s okay…I just want to rest…

Vicky  : If you say so…call me if you need anything.

Khun  : Yes mom…and could you inform Fei noona about this?

Vicky  : Sure…

Khun  : Thanks Vic… I owe you one…

Khun hung up and went out. He went to the kitchen and saw food on the table. There’s a note on the side.

Nichkhun ssi,

I made breakfast…if it get cold, reheat it in the microwave…I hope it fits your taste bud. I have someone coming this afternoon and bring some fresh clothes for you…if you need anything, just call this number 010-27121988…

Taecyeon…

Khun smiled and lifted the food cover. At least there’s still good people left in this world.

 

Taecyeon came to the rescue!!!!

Happy reading and as always don't forget to flood the comment box!