We Meet Again

Dirty Little Secret

            “Nichkhun oppa…” Min ran towards Khun.

            “Min Young ah…” Khun said while his eyes were on Chansung.

            “Oppa, you quit the agency and work here at the restaurant? Talk about a change of perspective…”

            “I’m just helping a friend…his mom owned this place…Chansung ssi…”

            “You still remember me I suppose…” Chansung stared at Khun. He still looked the same Khun he knew.

            “Of course…”                                                                             

            “Oppa, I’m starving…Khun oppa...they said this place have the best seafood stew…can we have that?”

            “Sure…”

Chansung eyes trailed Khun’s every moves. He still can’t believe that the man he was looking all this while appeared in front of him out of nowhere.

            “Didn’t I tell you? This trip could bring something good for you…” Min nudged the still dazed Chansung.

At the back…

            “Who is that? You know them?” Wooyoung asked.

            “Yeah…a friend from Seoul…” Khun said his hands quickly put the bowls of rice and other side dishes on the tray.

            “I see…”

Later…in front of the restaurant…

            “Oppa, I gotta check the production team for a while…I’ll pick you up after I’m done ok?” Min said and drove away.

Khun and Chansung sat on a small wooden bench side by side. They weren’t talking and the deathly silence were severe.

            “Um…” the two of them said together. They looked at each other and smiled.

            ‘So, you’re here all along?” Chansung said.

            “Yeah…one of previous employee has an aunt living here and she needed a music teacher for the kindergarten…”

            “That’s good to hear then…are you okay? I mean living in a small village like this?”

            “I’m good…the place is calm and peaceful…people are nice…”

            “Are you happy?”

            “Kinda…why did you ask?” Khun glanced at Chansung.

            “Nothing…I guess I just needed to know…why did you change your number? I was trying to look for you…”

            “I just want to be alone…away from people…”

            “You mean Taecyeon hyung?”

Khun gasped.

            “I know about you two…I saw you guys together…” Chansung said.

            “And I thought we’re being discreet…”Khun chuckled.

Again, there was silence between them. They just sat there without saying a word to each other. The only thing heard was the sound of crashing wave from the beach a few metres away from them.

Half an hour later, Min arrived.

            “Chansung oppa, we have to go now…the crew already left…” she said coming out of the car. “Khun oppa, great to see you here…” she hugged Khun.

            “Me too Min Young ah…be careful driving…”

            “Nae oppa…” she smiled.

Chansung head to the car but after a few steps, he stopped and turned back. Dashing back to Khun, he gave the guy a tight bear hug.

            “Chansung ssi…”

            “I’m glad I found you Nichkhun ssi…I really do…” Chansung whispered.

After Min and Chansung’s gone, Wooyoung came out.

            “Is he the one?” Wooyoung asked, smiling.

            “What do you mean?” Khun said looking at him.

            “Is he the one you’re been running away from?”

            “Nope…I wish it was him but he wasn’t the one…I’ll help you close this place up…”

            “Nae…”

*********************

Taecyeon walked up the narrow stairs leading to the rooftop. He kept picturing Khun walking up and down this stairs every day.

*It must be tiring for him…*

He arrived at the small rooftop house and it was dark. He sat at the wooden platform looking at the dark view. There’s only lights from the house below brightened the night.

Wooyoung stopped the bike and Khun got off.

            “Thanks for the ride…I wish you put some cushion on the seat though…”

            “I’ll take that matter into consideration then…” Wooyoung smiled. “Um…you know…running away doesn’t solve your problem…”

            “What do you mean?” Khun looked at Wooyoung with a puzzled expression on his face.

            “You know exactly what I mean Khun ssi…just think about it…I gotta go…I’ll see you again…good night…” Wooyoung pedalled away.

Khun just stood there still trying to process what Wooyoung just said to him. He slowly walked up the stairs and thinking.

*Running away doesn’t solve your problem…* Wooyoung’s words ringing in his head.

He took a final step of the stairs and stopped. There’s someone at his home. A guy sat on the platform with his back against him…

*It couldn’t be him…please let it not be him…* Khun silently praying.

Taecyeon heard footsteps and turned around. Khun was standing there.

            “Babe…” he said and ran towards Khun.

A familiar scent washed over Khun. All the memories that he tried to erase flashed in front of him like strips of movies.

            “I missed you so much babe…” Taecyeon said.

Khun broke the hug and a slap landed on Taecyeon’s left cheek.

            “I guess I deserved that…” Taecyeon rubbed the reddened cheek knowing that he already predicted that gonna happen.

            “What the hell are you doing here? Just drop off the wedding invitation and get lost…”

Khun walked away but Taecyeon grabbed his arm.

            “I broke up with Hyemi…”

            “You do? Thanks for the news and now you can go…” Khun tried to loosened his hand from Taecyeon’s grip but failed.

            “I love you Khun ah…please…”

            “Love me? Don’t make me laugh…”

            “I’m serious! I don’t think i could live without you…”

                        “From the way I see it…you’re doing just fine…now, would you just leave me alone? I hate you and I don’t want to see you ever again…”

Khun snapped his hand away roughly. He fished out the keys from his pocket and opened the door. Before Taecyeon could walk in, he shut the door up.

            “Khun ah…open up…we need to talk!” he knocked the door.

            “Just go away! I hate you!”

            “Please babe…listen to me…”

            “No! Just go! I hate you…”

Khun slumped on the floor with his back against the door. Tears rolling down his cheeks.

            “Khun ah…listen what I have to say…”

            “Go away! You hurt me Taecyeon! I’m already over you!”

            “I will not go anywhere until you speak to me again…”

            “Fine! Just freeze to death out there!”