Second Chance

Dirty Little Secret

            “Thank you for coming Taecyeon ssi…” Mrs. Kwon said and shook Taecyeon’s hand.

            “Anieyo…I should be thanking you instead…” Taecyeon smiled. He was surprised when this woman approached him the other day while he was out groceries shopping at the small mart.  They end up talking and one thing lead to another and now he was at the kindergarten.

            “There’s nothing I like more than to see two people getting back together…let me ask you one final question…”

            “Anything…”

            “Do you love him?”

            “Yes mam! With all my heart…I don’t think I could love anyone other than him…”

            “Well…good to hear that then…” Mrs. Kwon smiled and patted Taecyeon’s shoulder. “Just don’t go breaking his heart again then…”

            “I’m planning not to…as long as I live…”

Khun was busy decorating the play room when he heard the door opened. He looked and saw Taecyeon standing there.

            “What are you doing here?”

Seconds later, Mrs. Kwon came.

            “Nichkhun ssi…starting from today, Taecyeon will be helping us…I need someone that can took the kids out and do some sort of exercise in the morning for the new session and when we’re having outdoor activities…since my joints is not that cooperative these days…” Mrs. Kwon said.

            “Hi…” Taecyeon waved.

            “Hi…” Khun said reluctantly. It’s bad enough that he have to see Taecyeon when he’s home and now…it’s like Taecyeon will be practically be with him all the time.

*This is not good…*

The kids welcomed Taecyeon warmly. Their innocent smiles and laughter seemed to touch his heart.

            “Okay…brush off the dirt from your shoes and then wash your hands…” Taecyeon said as he was finished with the kids with their morning exercise.

            “Nae!” all of them answered together. Their voice echoed throughout the small playground at the back of the kindergarten.

Khun watched as Taecyeon interacts with the kids. He was so gentle and lovable towards them. His heart swelled at the sight.

            “He’s good with them isn’t he?” Mrs. Kwon said standing next to him.

            “Yeah…he seemed so cold when I first met him…”

            “That’s why they say never judge a book by its cover…” she smiled. “You still love him don’t you?”

Khun nodded silently.

            “Then why I didn’t see you’re doing anything about it?”

            “It’s just…I’m afraid that if I let him in, he would hurt me again…”

            “You can’t be sure about that…he might change.”

            “Maybe…but I’m not willing to take that risk again…it’s too painful going through that road…”

            “I know honey…” Mrs. Kwon caressed Khun’s cheek. “But life is full of surprises…you never know…maybe he’s your match made in heaven…”

Deep down he wanted to believe that but that little voice at the back of his head keep telling him otherwise.

Later that day…

It’s nap time and Taecyeon finally get his chance of rest. It’s been a busy start and he felt his back is breaking. A simple exercise routine with the kids took up his entire energy.

            “Here…”

Taecyeon looked up and saw Khun holding a can of soda.

            “Thanks…”

            “No problem…” Khun sat across the pantry from him. “Can I ask you something?”

            “Sure…” Taecyeon opened the soda and took a sip.

            “Why are you doing this?”

            “I’m just helping Mrs. Kwon…besides, I don’t have anything to do at home…so what a better way to spend my free time other than be here…”

            “Don’t you have a job back in Seoul? A CEO for an entertainment agency…”

            “Yeah…but I took a little time off…it’s been ages since I had my vacation…”

            “Why here?”

            “Because you’re here…it took me a while to find out where you are but my man did a great job locating you…”

Taecyeon walked across the room and stood in front of Khun.

            “And I’m glad when I saw you…” he held Khun’s hand.

            “What are you doing?” Khun breath hitched. The close proximity between him and Taecyeon making his heart beat faster and his touch still sent tingles and shiver down his spine.

            “I’m proving myself that I’m worthy of your forgiveness…I was stupid and I couldn’t see the one that I need in my life is you…”

            “Please stop saying those words when you don’t mean it…”

            “I’m not kidding Khun ah…I really want you back if you have me…” Taecyeon interlocked their fingers together and kissed the knuckles.

            “But…”

The look in Taecyeon eyes is so sincere and Khun knew he was telling the truth.

            “I dunno Taecyeon ah…I’m not ready…”

            “It’s okay…I’ll wait…no matter how long it takes…”

Then…

            “Songsaengnim…” little Minwoo appeared at the door rubbing his sleepy eyes.

           “Minwoo ah…what’s wrong?” Khun let go of Taecyeon’s hands and rushed towards the boy. “Why aren’t you sleeping?”

            “I had a bad dream…” he was on the verge of crying.

            “Aigoo…” Khun ruffled Minwoo’s hair. “Come…I’ll tuck you in…”

**********************

Khun sat by the small brick pier facing the dark sea. Taecyeon’s words kept ringing in his head for some reason.

            “I knew that’s you…” Khun turned at the voice.

            “Wooyoung ssi…” he smiled.

            “What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be home right now?” Wooyoung looked at his watch and it’s almost 10pm.

            “Well…so are you…”

            “We’re not talking about me right now…” Wooyoung sat next to him. “Something bothering you?”

            “Is it that obvious?” Khun sighed.

            “Yeah…you’re never could hide anything properly with that look on your face…so, you wanna tell me?”

            “Well…what will you do if your ex wanted you back? He said that he changed and stuff…will you believe him?” Khun looked at Wooyoung.

            “Hmm…well…I’m not buying his words one bit…my ex won’t change until hell freezes over but in your case…if he said that, I think it’s worth the try…”

Khun’s eyes went bigger. How did he know that he was talking about himself?

            “Wooyoung ssi…how…”

            “He came to see me a few weeks ago asking me if there’s anything going on between us…I was about to tell him no but when I saw he kinda getting worked up when it comes to you…so I decided to play a game…”

            “Game?”

            “Yeah…to see if he’s really serious about you…you know that he followed us during our suppose to be…” Wooyoung made air quote gestures. “date…”

            “He did?”

            “Yup…it bugged the hell out him…I’m sure he’s pretty serious about the two of you…”

            “You think?”

            “Uh huh…” Wooyoung nodded.

Taecyeon paced back and forth anxiously waiting for Khun. The guy been out for couple hours and he’s getting worried if something happened to him. He let out a long sigh of relief when he saw Khun walked up the stairs a few minutes later.

*There he is…* he smiled.

            “What are you doing here?” Khun asked.

            “I was waiting for you…I’m about to go for a search if you’re not home in half an hour…well…now that you’re here…good night…” Taecyeon waved and head back to his door.

            “Taecyeon ah…” Khun called his name. “Can we talk for a while?”

            “Sure…”

They sat on the wooded platform next to each other.

            “Actually, there’s something I want to talk with you…” Khun said.

            “If you’re asking me to leave, you better get rid of that idea…I’m not going anywhere…”

            “No…not that…” Khun took a deep breath. “Are you sure about your feelings for me right now? I mean...is this some kind of confusion or something…”

            “I’m serious…about you and me…us being together…I know I made a mistake before and I’m ready to spend my lifetime making up for it…” Taecyeon reached for Khun’s hands.

            “Are you sure about that?”

            “Positive…I can understand that you’re sceptical but if you give me another chance…”

            “I just don’t want to get hurt again…once is enough for me…”

Taecyeon kneeled in front of him.

            “I promise you won’t be…”

When their lips touched, Khun swear that fireworks went off inside his head. All his system went haywire and all he can think that how he wished that the kiss would never end. Taecyeon nipped Khun’s bottom lips asking for entrance permission and when Khun did, he couldn’t help but let out a groan. Their tongues glided and danced in a passionate rhythm as if they were making up for the lost time. Khun never tasted so good.

            “Babe…” Taecyeon said as they broke the kiss. He cupped Khun’s face and kissed the tip of his nose. “Thank you…I won’t let you down…”

            “You better be!”

They hugged.

 

Its been over 11 days since I last update this fic...so as a token of appreciation, double chapter update! 

Happy reading and flood the comment box below!

ANNYEONG!!!