Second Thought

Dirty Little Secret

Khun quickly hid behind the corner when Taecyeon’s mom walked out from the powder room. Jihyen stopped at the door and noticed Khun.

            “Khun ah…”

            “Noona…um…I’m not feeling well tonight…I’d love to stay and hear the engagement announcement but I think I can’t…” Khun said and walked past her.

            “Khun ah…”

At the other side of the hall…

            “Hyemi ah…you should’ve said that we’ve broken up…”

            “Oppa…can we just forget about it? I’ll be good…I promise…just give me a chance…” she pleaded.

            “I can’t Hyemi ah…I just don’t love you…you’re more like a sister to me…”

            “You don’t mean that…”

Taecyeon saw Khun headed to the exit.

            “I gotta go…look, I’ll tell my parents about us…”He went after Khun.

Khun was walking down the grand stairs, when someone grabbed his wrist.

            “Babe, wait…” he said.

            “What?” Khun snapped his hands away. “I told you…if I saw you and her again…we’re over…and looks like we are now…”

            “Babe…I can explain…it was just a misunderstand…”

            “Is it? Then what just I heard about your mom gonna announce your engagement tonight huh? Explain that…”

            “What? Engagement?”

            “Look Taecyeon ah…I was fine that we’re secret lovers, I could even deal that you’re closeted guy…but this…I don’t think so…”

Khun walked away leaving Taecyeon behind.

            “Oppa…” Hyemi come.

            “Hyemi ah…”

She watched Khun went through the lobby door.

            “You said that there’s someone else…is that him?”

            “Yeah…”

            “Oppa, you can’t be serious! You’re not gay!”

            “Maybe I am…”

            “But Eunjung unnie told me that you dated several girls before…you can’t be gay in a day…”

            “Hyemi ah…”

            “Oppa, just think about it…if anybody knew about this…what it will do to your agency, the people that worked for you and not to mention…your parents…they will get hurt…”

Taecyeon just stood there.

            “Let’s get inside and forget this thing between you and the guy ever happened…”

Back inside…

            “Taecyeon ah…can I talk to you?” Jihyen pulled Taecyeon to a far corner. “Where’s Khun?”

            “He left…”

            “And you let him?”

            “What can I do noona…everything got messed up…I wanted to introduce Khun to mom and dad but Hyemi was there and ruined everything…”

            “You know that mom gonna announce your engagement with her tonight don’t you?” she said.

            “Khun did say something about it…”

            “But thanks to your sister…that not gonna happen…at least not tonight…” she rubbed his back.

            “Noona…”

            “You can thank me later…but now be a good boy and stay at the party for appa’s sake…okay?”

Taecyeon nodded.

*************************

Khun stood in front of the agency and stared at the big building. He hoped that today doesn’t come after what happened at the party last night.

            “Nichkhun ssi…” Chansung came from behind.

            “Chansung ssi…”

            “What are you doing here? Aren’t you going in?”

            “I was thinking about it…” Khun sigh.

            “Is something wrong? Does anything happen last night?”

Khun looked at Chansung.

            “Sometimes I wonder how you could even know me so well…as if we’ve known each other for years…you’re just like Vicky in a way…”

They went to a wooden bench outside the building.

            “I could sense things you know…so, you wanna tell me?”

            “Um…is here anything big happening at the party after I left?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “Um…I’m kinda over heard our CEO’s mom talking about announcing his engagement last night…”

            “Engagement?” Chansung eyes widened with shock.

            “Yeah…”

            “Hmmm…there’s no such thing as engagement announcement…I left early since I have other appointment…”

            “Ohhh….”

Chansung glanced at the distressed looking Khun next to him. He hated seeing Khun like this and hated Taecyeon even more for making him that way.

******************************

            “Omma, could you please let me settle this thing? And don’t you think it’s still too early for me to get engage? We’re just going out…and it’s less than 6 months…” Taecyeon paced in his living room.

            “What are you waiting for? She’s a good girl, decent family background…and you’re not getting any younger…”

            “Omma…”

            “I don’t know why are you making such a big deal out of this…it’s just an engagement…not a real wedding…”

            “I’m just not ready for it yet…”

            “Tell me something…did you have someone else?” his mom stared at him.

Taecyeon just stayed silence at the question. He wanted to tell her about Khun but Hyemi’s words ringing in his ears. Is he ready to come out?

***************************

Khun’s getting ready to go home when a phone call came.

            “Hello…”

            “Hello…Nichkhun ssi?” a female voice at the end of the line.

            “Speaking…may I know who is this?” Khun asked.

            “I’m Hyemi…”

*Hyemi…that woman…*

            “I need to talk to you…can we meet?”

            “Um….sure…where?”

            “MayoCafe at junction of 12th and 14th Street…in half an hour…”

            “Sure…”

Khun hung up. He wondered what gonna happen today when he met her.

Hyemi saw Khun walked in and waved.  She got up and bowed.

            “I’m glad you make it…” she said as Khun sat in front of her.

Khun just smiled. Hyemi is a beautiful girl…big, doe-like eyes, flawless skin, curvaceous, an overall beauty. No wonder Taecyeon dated her…any men would.

            “How did you get my number?”

            “I have my own ways…”

Hyemi looked at the Khun. Great looking guy with model-like features…if he’s straight, women would flock him like

            “I’ll just go straight to the point…I’m not the person that like being around the bush…”

            “Sure…”

            “Leave Taecyeon oppa…” she said crossing her arm.

            “Excuse me?”

            “Leave Taecyeon oppa…I don’t care what you have with him but Taecyeon oppa is not gay…he just confused about his uality…that’s all…”

            “I dunno what’s going on in that head of yours but if you think you could call me here and tell me what to do…you’re dead wrong missy…” Khun said smirking at the woman.

            “Think about it…Taecyeon oppa is an important person to begin with…a CEO on top of that…what will people say if they found out that he’s having a relationship with a man? It’s almost like a suicide for him and those around him…his family…”

            “He’s a big boy…he can make up his own mind don’t you think?”

            “Yeah…but you have to play your role too right? I don’t think you want to be the reason him going down under…”

Khun came home from the meeting with mixed feelings. He loved Taecyeon with all his heart and he doesn’t want anything bad happen to him. Why does everything have to be so damn complicated?

The light on Khun’s apartment just turned off and Taecyeon leaned against the seat inside his car. He was at the parking lot debating whether to go to Khun’s place or not…but in the end he just stayed in the car doing some deep thinking…

The next day…

            “That was a great lunch don’t you think?’ Chansung said rubbing his stomach.

            “Yeah…thanks for the treat…” Khun smiled. Being with Chansung made him forget all his problems with Taecyeon for a while.

             “No biggie…I’m just glad that you’re smiling again…”

 They were heading towards the door when Khun saw Taecyeon get off the car with Hyemi coming out from the passenger’s seat.

Chansung glanced at Khun and there’s slightly disappointed look on his face.

*How can he do this to him!* he was mentally stabbing Taecyeon with light sabres.

Taecyeon’s eyes met Khun for two seconds and then he turned his gaze away. Hyemi wrapped her arm around Taecyeon and walked to the revolving door together.

Evening…

A soft knock on the door brought Taecyeon back to reality. He was thinking about how acted in front of Khun earlier. All he wanted to do is just hug the guy in a tight embrace and tell the world that he’s the one that stole his heart…but he was afraid to do so…with Hyemi next to him doesn’t make it any easier.

            “C’mon in…” he said and fixed his crooked tie.

Khun took a deep breath and turned the knob. Taecyeon seemed shocked to see him here.

            “Nichkhun ssi…” here comes the formal greeting.

            “I’m here for personal matters…” Khun began. “I didn’t know you were this coward…”

            “Babe…”      

            “Don’t call me that…I thought I could trust you after what Seulong did…but you’re worst than him…”

            “I’m nothing like him! He’s a jerk…”

           “Yea…but he never hides who he truly is…he’s not afraid to say the truth…”

            “Do you think it’s easy for me?”

           “You could at least try…we’re not living in the 50s anymore…but I guess you’re already made up your mind about us then…”

             “Khun ah…”

              “I’m here to tell you…I’m fine with this…I just hope you will too…just continue to live in lie…best of luck then…” Khun got up, bowed and left.

In the elevator, tears fell down Khun’s cheek. He quickly wiped it away before anyone could see it.

            “Looks like everything stopped here then…” he said in silence.

That night…

            “You what? Quit?” Vicky almost yelled.

            “I can’t do it Vic…seeing him everyday just gonna make my heart hurt even more…so if I quit…maybe it will help me get over him…” Khun slumped on the couch.

            “What are you gonna do if you quit?”

            “I called Nina…she said that her aunt in Yangpyeong needed a music teacher for kindergarten…and she’s giving me the spot if I want…”

            “Are you sure about this Khun ah?”

            “Yup…I need to get away…from him and everything that related to him…”

            “I’m really gonna kick his !”

            “Please Vic…don’t…I can’t let you do that…just let him be…maybe he was just confused…”

            “You seriously believe that ?”

            “Maybe…I dunno…”Khun laid his head on Vicky’s lap.

            “What about your house?”

            “I just leave it like that…maybe you could watch it for me…”

            “Are sure about this?”

            “Yeah…that’s the only way I know…”

            “Urghhhh! I hate this!” Vicky sighed.

 

Update!!!! There's a few chapters left for this fic...huhu...

As always, flood the comment box below ok?

Happy reading!

ANNYEONG!!