The Bitter Reality

Dirty Little Secret

            “Goodbye kids…see you tomorrow…” Khun waved as the children left the kindergarten.

            “I have to go now…” Mrs. Kwon wrapped a muffler around her neck. “It’s getting cold these days…don’t forget to wear your jacket…” she handed the keys to him.

            “Yes mam…be careful on your way home…”

A few minutes after Mrs. Kwon left, Khun heard footsteps coming in.

            “You left something Mrs. Kwon?”

            “I’m not Mrs. Kwon…”

It was Chansung.

            “Chansung ssi…”

In the pantry…

            “Thanks…” Chansung said as Khun handed him a cup of coffee.

            “You’re not joking when you said that you would come unannounced…” Khun sat in front of him.

            “That’s me…it’s adorable in here…” he looked around.

            “Yup…it’s different from the places I used to work for but this is nice…how do you know I’m here anyway?”

            “I went to that restaurant we met that night…I asked the old woman there and said that I would find you here…”

            “Ohh…”

Chansung spent almost two hours at the kindergarten talking to Khun.

            “Well…look at the time…I gotta go now…long drive back…”

            “I thought you’re staying over…”

            “I’d love to but I can’t…” Chansung hold Khun’s hands. “Nichkhun ssi…the real reason I’m here is to give you this…” he took a small box from inside of his coat and handed it over to Khun.

            “Chansung ssi…” Khun eyes widened. He could guess the thing inside the box just looking at it.

            “I don’t need your answer right now…take your time…I’ll wait until you’re ready to accept my heart…I love you Nichkhun ssi…and I would be glad if the feelings are mutual between us…”

Chansung kissed Khun’s lips.

            “I have to go…take care…”

That night…

Khun kept staring at the black velvet box that Chansung gave earlier. A beautiful silver band laid in it…

*I’ll wait until you’re ready to accept my heart…* the words kept playing in his head.

Deep inside he knew that he not gonna be able to accept anyone’s heart when Taecyeon occupied the most it right now. Yes…no matter how hard he tried to deny, he’s still loved Taecyeon.

************************

Chansung walked with excitement towards the café at the end of the street. He just got a text from Khun wanting to meet. Maybe this would be the good news he wanted to hear after so long.

He entered the cafe and his eyes immediately spotted Khun sitting at the table near the wide window panel.

            “Nichkhun ssi…” he said. “I hope I didn’t make you wait long…”

            “No…I just got here…”

Awkward silence hit them.

            “Chansung ssi…actually…I’m here because of this…” Khun slide the black velvet box across the table.

Chansung eyes trailed the box. He looked at Khun and sighed.

            “I can’t accept this…”

            “But why?”

            “There’s someone else…and truth to be told…he never left my heart…”

            “After all what he did to you?”

            “Yeah…stupid me right? I’m so sorry Chansung ssi…please don’t wait for me…”

Khun got up and left. He knew it seems cold hearted leaving Chansung behind but he had to do it.

Back at the office…

Chansung leaned against his leather chair and put his arms on his forehead. He really lost Khun right now.

            “Oppa…” Min walked in. “Is something wrong? You don’t look to good…” she said sitting in front of him.

            “It’s really over now Min ah…”

            “Over? What?”

            “Me and Nichkhun…it’s really over…”

            “Oppa…is there anything else you can do?”

            “Nope…nothing…”

            “It’s okay oppa…there are other guys out there somewhere for you…maybe it’s just wasn’t meant to be…”

            “Maybe…” Chansung sighed again trying to swallow the bitter truth about his unrequited love.

**************************

At the train station…

            “Why don’t you just go back tomorrow? I thought you gonna stay over for the night?” Vicky said as they walked down the stairs heading to the platform.

          “I can’t…the kindergarten is having a sport day in two days and there’s a lot of things to do…”

            “I was thinking about having a drink with you tonight…” Vicky pouted. “I really missed having you here…”

            “I know…how about I come over next time…and have fun together…”

            “I’ll hold on to that…”

            “So, how were the kids?”

            “Great…there will be another debut soon…we’re still evaluating possible members…well, speaking about that…our ‘beloved’…” Vicky made air quote motion. “CEO is taking a whole month off…”

            “He did?” Khun widened his eyes.

            “Yeah…the rumours said that he gone on a vacation with his girlfriend but no one can prove that either…”

*So that’s why he was there…* Khun thought.

Khun arrived at Yangpyeong almost midnight and when he stepped out of the train, Wooyoung was there.

            “Hey…” he waved.

            “Hey…what are you doing here?”

            “I come to take you home…lets go…”

They went to the exit way and saw Wooyoung’s bike.

            “Look…I already put some padding on the passengers’ seat…”

A thick cushion was tied on the flat iron seat.

            “Wow…how modern…” Khun smiled. He ran his hands on the cushion and it was fluffy.

            “Like it?” Wooyoung asked.

            “I dunno…I have to try it first…”

            “Hop on…I’ll take you home.”

Taecyeon paced back and forth in front of Khun’s house. He looked at his watch and it’s almost 1am. The last time he checked, Khun’s train departed almost three hours ago and he should be home right now. It’s not that far from the station to here. A loud brake sound startled Taecyeon from his thought. He walked to edge of the house and saw Khun got off Wooyoung’s bike.

            “That is some loud brake…you could wake up the whole neighbourhood…” Khun said as he got off.

            “I wanted to fix that bit haven’t got the time to do it…my staffs at the town hall keep complaining about it too…”

            “They should…loud screeching sound greeted them every morning…they have the right to complain.”

            “Yea, yea…whatever…”

            “Thanks for the ride…it was kinda pleasant…at least it wasn’t hard like before the cushion…”

            “You’re welcome…”

Khun walked up the stairs and when he arrived, he saw Taecyeon at the front of his yard.

            “Where have you been?” Taecyeon asked.

            “Nothing that concerns you…I’m an adult…I can do whatever I want…”

            “I’ve been worried sick here and you go out having fun with that guy? I thought your train arrived an hour ago…”

            “I dunno how you know that but what I did with Wooyoung has nothing to do with you…” Nichkhun was getting annoyed with Taecyeon’s attitude.

            “I’m your boyfriend”

            “Excuse me! Boyfriend? Did you even acknowledge me in front other people for you to use that title on me? I was only your dirty little secret remember?”

            “You’re not my dirty little secret…”

            “Then what am I to you? Your booty call? A ? Look, just leave me alone okay? Just let me live in peace…”

Khun stormed into his house and closed the door. He slumped on the floor, crying his eyes out. He wanted to accept Taecyeon back in his life but he was too afraid if Taecyeon would break his heart again...and he's not strong enough to went down the emotion again.

*Then what am I to you? Your booty call? A ?* those words kept lingering in Taecyeon’s head all night.

 He seriously didn’t think that Khun would feel that way. He wanted to make up his wrongdoings but all he did are upset him even more.

 

Here's the update...been busy with wedding preparation (not mine btw..) and bad internet connection...

The next chapter might be late so I apologise in advance...

Flood the comment box below...

ANNYEONG!!!