Make Up Your Mind

Dirty Little Secret

            “So, anything on him yet?” Chansung said. The guy he hired to track down Khun shook his head.

            “I’m sorry Chansung ah…it seems like he really don’t want to be found…” Changmin sighed.

            “Hyung…didn’t you say you have a friend working with the intelligence…maybe you could ask for a favour…”

            “I can’t…I even do this behind my boss…I would be dead if he found out…”

Chansung leaned against the chair.

            “I gotta go…if anything came up, I’ll call you again…”

            “Okay…anyway, thanks hyung…” Chansung got up and hugged Changmin.

            “Sure…anything for a dongsaeng…cheer up ok?”

            “Nae…”

After Changmin left, Min came in.

            “Who was that? Never seen him before…” Min said sitting at the edge of his desk.

            “Someone I hired to locate Khun whereabouts…”

            “Ohhh…any luck on that?”

Chansung shook his head.

            “I’m sorry oppa…I wish I could do something…”

            “Me too…I’m at dead end…”

Chansung’s mind keeps wondering the ways that he could do to find Khun.

*********************************

Taecyeon watched as Khun coming closer towards him. there’s a blank expression on his face that was hard to read.

            “Khun ah…”

            “You…I hate you…”

            “Babe please…listen to me…” Taecyeon tried to hold Khun’s arm but he pushed him away.

Khun turned around and starts running…Taecyeon desperately chase him up and yelling his name.

            “Nichkhun! Stop!” he screamed.

Finally, Khun stopped and he was at the edge of a cliff.

            “Babe…don’t go there! It’s dangerous…”

Every step Taecyeon made, Khun took a step backward nearing the edge.

            “Why did you hurt me? I gave you all my heart but all you did was trample on it…” Khun sobbed.

            “I’m so sorry babe…please…come back to me…”

            “No…you will hurt me even more if I did…I hope you’re happy with that girl Taecyeon ah…”

Khun took a final step backward and his body went flying down the cliff into the raging waterfall beneath.      

            “Khun ah!”

Taecyeon woke up drenched in sweat. He looked around and breathe a sigh of relief. He was still in his room. The nightmare seems to haunt me ever since Khun left. He reached the phone and dialled a number.

            “Noona…” he muttered. Jihyen is the only person that he could really talk at time like this.

Jihyen was shocked to see the figure standing in front of her.

            “Taecyeon ah…what happened to you?”

Taecyeon’s eye bag looked like he stayed for days without sleeping and his eyes were bloodshot.

            “Noona…” he hugged her tightly.

            “Hey, what’s wrong?” she rubbed Taecyeon’s back.

            “I want him back…”

            “Who? Nichkhun?”

            “Yeah…I missed him so much that I think I could die…”

            “Come…let’s talk about it…”Jihyen broke the hug and pulled his brother into the kitchen.

            “Noona…” Taecyeon said as Jihyen made him sat on the kitchen stool.

            “First I’m gonna feed you since it looks like you haven’t been eating lately…and then we’ll talk ok?” she ruffled Taecyeon’s heard and then starts to cook.

While eating…

            “So, you wanna tell me all about it?” Jihyen asked.

            “I’ve been having these nightmares where Khun would kill himself…slitting his wrist and bled to die…jumping off cliffs, getting hit by trains…”

            “Wow…that is some nightmare…”

            “I’m regretting letting Khun go like I did…”

            “Then go get him back…end of story…”

            “It’s not that easy noona…”

            “Look Taecyeon ah…we only live once and just go for anything your heart tells you…be honest with me…do you even like that girl Hyemi?”

Taecyeon shook his head.

            “She’s more like a sister…”

            “What about Khun then?”

He could picture the two of them having a home together…a family of their own…

            “I loved him…I still do…”

            “It settled then…”

            “What about the people around me? I can’t just ignore them…my decision could have some sort of effect on them…”

            “True…but your feelings is more important than others view on you…and you have the most wonderful people working for you…I’m betting all of my wealth that they would be okay with you coming out of your closet…”

            “Are you sure noona?”

            “Yeah…you still have me…I’ll kill anyone that say anything bad about you…”

She got up and hugged him.

            “I love you Taecyeon ah…now, get yourself together and find your man back…” she patted his back.

******************************

Taecyeon walked into the private room of the restaurant and saw his parents and Hyemi with her folks. He bowed and took a seat next to Hyemi.

            “Sorry I’m late…got held up by a meeting just now…” he said.

            “What took you so long?” she whispered.

            “I have things to do…”

They were eating when suddenly the subject of him and Hyemi came out of nowhere.

            “So, I was thinking…” His mom said. “I would like to have my son engage to your daughter.”

            “Omma…” Taecyeon stared at his mom.

          “I think it’s a good idea…” Hyemi’s mom chipped. “They’ve been going out for a while now…”

            “Omma…can I talk to you for a while?” Taecyeon got up and walked to her mom.

            “What?”

            “Come with me…will you excuse us for a while? Appa, you too…”

The three of them walked out and went to a secluded corner of the restaurant away from people.

            “OK TAECYEON…you better have good explanation for this!” his mom said staring at him.

            “Yeah…it’s rude to leave your guest in the middle of dinner…” his dad added.

            “I can’t get engage with Hyemi…I won’t do it…not now, or forever…”

            “Why not? Give me one good excuse…”

            “Omma, appa…I’m gay…and I’m love with another guy…”

            “You what?” her parents said in unison.

            “I’m gay…I have no feelings for Hyemi…”

            “Then why did you go out with her at the first place?” his mom asked.

            “It started as a blind date…and then I met Khun…I tried to deny myself but I can’t…I’m in love with him…”

            “Wait…Khun? I think I heard that name before…is he that nice guy with big eyes I saw at your agency? The music teacher…”

Taecyeon nodded.

            “He’s the one…”

His parents looked at each other.

            “But I never thought you’re gay…you went out with girls before and there’s no single gay in your stash…”

            “You saw my too?” Taecyeon sighed.

            “Look son…are you sure that you’re gay? Not one of your rebellion stage mood…”

            “I’m gay dad…I just realised it late…am I in trouble?”

            “Of course!” his dad stared at him. “Now what are we gonna do about Hyemi’s parents? And did you tell her that you’re gay?”

            “I’m about to…but then suddenly omma brought up the engagement thingy…”

          “If I knew you were gay I wouldn’t say it…aigoo…why don’t you tell us sooner Taecyeon ah?”

            “I thought you might be disappointed in me…” he looked down the floor.

            “Why would we be that way? You’re our son…we love you no matter what…” his dad pulled him in tight embrace.

            “Appa…”

            “So, we have to do something about Hyemi’s family right now…any ideas?”

            “Just follow my lead…” Taecyeon’s mom winked.

Taecyeon felt a huge rock has been lift off his shoulder.

Later that night…

            “It’s too bad omonim not feeling well…” Hyemi said as Taecyeon dropped her home.

            “Yeah…”

Taecyeon’s mom faked a stomachache so that the dinner would be halt down. He never knew that his mom could act really well like that.

          “Hyemi ah…I wanted to say this in front of everybody but I guess I better tell you in person…”

            “What is it oppa?” Hyemi beamed with smiles.

            “I don’t think we could go on…let’s stop here…”

            “Oppa, you’re kidding right?”

            “Nope…I’m serious…I don’t want to lie to myself anymore…and you should meet someone better…”

            “Oppa…please don’t do this…”

            “I’m sorry Hyemi ah…”

            “Oppa, think about it…”

            “I’m done thinking Hyemi ah…and honestly, I don’t give a damn what others have to say about me…”

            “Oppa…” Hyemi burst out in tears.

            “I’m really sorry Hyemi ah…”

Taecyeon got into his car and speed away. Now all that’s left is to find Khun back and mend their relationship.