Leaving

Dirty Little Secret

            “Saem!” a bunch of trainees came running into the music room. Khun was getting ready for his last class startled with the sudden invasion.

            “Hey, your lesson start in half an hour…what are you doing her so early?” Khun said looking at his students.

            “Is that true what we just heard? You’re leaving…” Yooyeom asked.

            “Where did you hear that?”

            “Vicky saem were talking to one of the staffs and we kinda overheard it…”

            “Saem…is that true?” Bambam said.

            “Unfortunately…it it true…it’s my last day today…”

            “Saem…” all of them said in unison.

Khun was sad to leave this bunch of kids that he already deeply attached to but this is something he had to do to mend his heart.

            “Yaa, did you tell Chansung about this?” Vicky said as she helped Khun clearing his personal cubicle.

            “No…he left for US yesterday and I don’t want this to affect his work…and when he came back, please don’t tell him where I’m going…”

            “Why not? He’s seriously have deep feelings for you…’

            “That’s why…”

            “Sometimes I wished that Chansung was the one that you like rather that rotten good for nothing T guy…”

            “Hey, you’re cursing at your superior…”

            “It’s my personal opinion…I can do anything I want…”

            “Whatever Miss Smarty Pants…” Khun pinched Vicky’s cheeks. “I’m gonna miss you Vic…”

            “Then stay!”

            “You know I can’t…right?”

            “Yea, yea…I just wish I could get that guy on choke hold and bury him six feet under…”

Khun smiled bitterly. This is the best decision for him right now…would he regret it? Maybe, but he has to do it…

            “So, when are you gonna leave for Yangpyeong?”

            “My train leave at noon the day after tomorrow and Nina’s aunt gonna pick me up at the station…”

            “How about you and I go out for a drink tonight?”

            “Sounds good to me…”

Taecyeon got out from his car with his phone on his ears.

            “Hyemi ah…look, I’m super busy right now…just go out with my mother without me then…”

He walked into the lobby and saw Khun came out from the elevator carrying a big box with him. Khun avoided his gazed and when they walked past each other, Khun just tipped down his head in formal greetings. He went straight to the door without looking back once.

************************

Taecyeon sat at his chair and sighed.

            “What’s with the sigh?” Eunjung said as she walked in.

            “Nothing…”

            “Looks like Hyemi really got your mom under her charm…” she smiled.

            “Whatever…let’s not talk about Hyemi…”

            “Why? Are you guys having a fight?’

            “I dunno…so, anything else on my schedule for today?”

            “Nope…that meeting with the sponsors are your last duty for the day…”

            “Well…I’m gonna finish some files and I’ll just head home then…”

            “Okay…”

His mind wondered back to Khun. He took out his phone and dialled Khun’s number but after 2 seconds, he hung up.

Two days later…

            “Nichkhun ssi…I’m back…I brought something…for…you…” the music room is empty.

*That’s weird…he’s always here at this hour…*

It’s already 4 o clock and Khun’s class should be over by this time. He was about to walked out from the room when a trainee came.

            “Yooyeom ah…”

            “Nae hyungnim…” the boy bowed at him.

            “Have you seen Khun saem?”

            “Hyungnim…Khun saem quit couple of days ago…don’t you know?”

            “What? Quit?”

          “Yeah…all of us are sad that he’s leaving but there’s nothing we could do to make him stay…”

*This can’t be true…*

Chansung ran towards the dance studio and when he walked in, Vicky was at the end of her class.

            “So, I’ll see you guys tomorrow…” Vicky looked at the door and saw Chansung.

After the trainees gone, Chansung came in.

            “Noona, can I talk to you?” Chansung said.

            “Sure…”

            “I heard that Nichkhun ssi quit…is that true?”

            “Yeah…”

            “Why?”

            “He had his own reason…”

            “It’s because of Taecyeon hyung right?”

            “You knew about them?”Vicky asked.

Chansung nodded.

            “I saw them…but I don’t tell him that I knew about it…noona, can you tell me where he’s gone to?”

            “I can’t Chansung ah…I promised him…”

            “But noona…”

            “Look Chansung ah…I know you meant well but just leave Khun alone for a while…he needed the space and solitude that he deserve after what that good for nothing CEO did to him…” Vicky patted Chansung’s back.

Taecyeon went into his living room and sat in the dark. The place never been so empty like now. Khun really did what he said…

Flashback

Chansung barged into his office un-announced. There’s a strange vibe coming out from the younger man.

            “Chansung ah…”

            “Hyung! I can’t believe you could do that!” Chansung said.

            “What did I do?”

            “I heard Nichkhun ssi quit the other day and I know it something related to you…”

            “Khun quit?” Taecyeon’s eyes went bigger.

            “What? You didn’t know?”

            “Yeah…why would he quit?”

            “Do you have to ask? Hyung, I really thought that Nichkhun ssi wouldn’t get hurt by you but I was dead wrong…I gave him up because I thought you could make him happy but look what happened now…”

            “It’s complicated Chansung ah…you don’t understand…”

            “It’s simple hyung…you make a choice and stand by it no matter what…it’s not easy for you to come out, I know that…but at least you still have someone that get your back…”

Hyemi came in.

            “Oppa…I’m here…let’s go lunch…your mom is waiting…”

Chansung looked at Hyemi and then Taecyeon.

            “So, you rather live in pretence rather than honesty I suppose…”Chansung smirked.

            “Channie ah…”

            “Look hyung…I’m gonna find him…and when I do, I will make him happy like you never can and this time, I won’t hold back…I won’t give him up…not for anyone, even for you…”

Chansung stormed out leaving blurred Hyemi at the door looking at Taecyeon.

End of Flashback

*What should I do now?* Taecyeon questioned. All he could do right now is sigh.