Things Got A Little More Complicated

Dirty Little Secret

           “Eunjung ah…come in for a sec…” Taecyeon pushed the intercom button. He loosened up the tie around his neck. A few seconds later, there’s a knock on the door and Eunjung walked in.

            “Yup…what can I do for you?” Eunjung asked getting ready to write notes in her planner.

            “Um…cancel everything in my schedule for today…”

            “Is something wrong? Are you sick?” she looked at him with worry.

            “No…I’m fine…it’s just that I’m not in the mood for work…”

            “Okay…if you say so…anything else?”

            “That’s just it for now…thanks Eunjung ah…”

            “No problem…”

When Eunjung left, Taecyeon took out his phone and dialled Khun’s number. It rings, but he didn’t pick up.

*He’s still mad…*

He then dialled another number.

            “Hello…Hyemi ah…”

***************************

Hyemi glanced at the clock on the wall…checking her reflection on the back of a spoon, she’s getting anxious in her seat. Taecyeon never been the one who make the first move when they started seeing each other a few months back…and now he called her so that they can have lunch together.

            “Oppa…” Hyemi waved as soon as she spotted him walking into the upscale restaurant in Apgujung.

Taecyeon looked extremely dashing in a suit and Hyemi can’t took her eyes off him. He probably the hottest guy she ever be with.

            “Sorry I’m late…the traffic was terrible…” Taecyeon apologized and took his seat in front of Hyemi.

            “It’s okay oppa…I just got here anyway…”

            “So, should we order first? I’m getting hungry?” Taecyeon said.

            “Sure…I’m starving too…”

They called the waiter and ordered.

            “So, how’s work?” Taecyeon asked as they were eating.

            “Good I guess…I just got a new assistant…”

            “What happened to the old one?”

            “She quit…she got married and her husband wanted her to be a stay at home mom…”

            “Really?”

            “Oppa…is something happened on this particular day that I didn’t know about?” Hyemi said staring at Taecyeon’s face.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Well…I dunno…you called me out for lunch…that’s for starters…not that I don’t like it…”

            “Let’s just finish eating then we’ll talk…”

            “Nae oppa…”

Taecyeon took Hyemi to the Han River so that they can be alone and talk.

            “It’s beautiful here…” Hyemi exclaimed looking at the water. There’s a few people around since the day is a little cloudy.

            “Hyemi ah…” Taecyeon looked at her.

            “Hmm…” Hyemi answered without looking.

            “I think…this thing between us not gonna work…” Taecyeon said. He made a decision that ending things with Hyemi will make his heart more at peace with who he truly was.

            “Oppa…what do you mean?” her voice quivered.

            “Let’s end it here…”

            “Oppa….did I do something wrong? Tell me…and I will do better…” she pleaded, tugging Taecyeon’s sleeve.

            “It’s not you Hyemi ah…it’s me…”

            “Is there someone else?”

Taecyeon nodded slowly. He might as well tell the truth.

            “Oppa…I’ll be better than her…I’ll do anything…” her eyes brimmed with tears.

            “I’m sorry Hyemi ah…I’ve made up my mind…you deserve better…”

            “But oppa…I want you…” she hugged him tightly.

            “Hyemi ah…I’m so sorry…”

*************************

Khun keep on stirring the soup in front of him. His head was a mess…he was angry with Taecyeon and after 2 days ignoring him, he missed the guy badly and he’s the one been keeping him from having a good night sleep.

            “Nichkhun ssi…” Chansung said.

            “Huh? Anything happened?” he looked around the café.

            “No…your soup getting cold…” he said pointing at Khun’s soup bowl.

            “Oh…mian…” Khun smiled bitterly and pushed his bowl away. “I’m not in the mood to eat anymore…”

            “Are you okay? Should I order something else?”

            “It’s okay…” Khun shook his head. “Chansung ssi…can I ask you something?”

            “Sure…shoot…”

            “I have a friend…he’s in a relationship with a man…a closeted guy…”

            “Closeted guy? You mean…no one knew he was gay?”

Khun nodded.

            “And before he met my friend…he’s in a relationship with another girl…”

            “So he was bi?”

            “Maybe…or maybe not…the thing is…my friend felt like he was a third wheel in their relationship and that guy doesn’t seem to make up his mind anytime soon about them…do you what I’m trying to tell you right?”

            “Yeah…all I can say…your friend should set the things between him and the guy…draw the line…if the guy loved your friend, he would make things right for him…whether to dump the girl or anything that matter…”

            “You think he should do that?”

            “Yeah…if I was the other guy, I would do that…”

Chansung looked at the distressed Khun.

*So Taecyeon hyung got another girl on the side and he still going out with Khun…*

********************************

Taecyeon arrived home feeling guilty…Hyemi looked so sad when he decided to end their relationship…but he have to do it since he love Khun and it wasn’t fair to him.

He pressed the answering machine and his mom’s voice echoed.

Taecyeon ah…omma here…your dad and me are flying back to Seoul tomorrow since your father wanted to celebrate his birthday this Saturday with his old friends. There will be a big party and I’ve asked Eunjung to pass the invitation to the staff of your agency…everything is settled and you just get your at the party…don’t make up any unnecessary excuses or I will drag you there myself…gotta go now…love ya son!

He sighed. A party…then a light bulb popped in his head.

*****************************

The next day…

A bouquet of red rose is on the piano when Khun walked into his music room. He looked at it and there’s a card.

Meet me at the staircase at eleven…I’ll be waiting.

TY

            “Saem!!!!” a few trainees walked in.

            “Go to your seats…we’ll start in a sec…” Khun took the bouquet and put it on the table.

            “Wow…looks like you have an admirer now…” Mark wiggled his eyebrows.

            “Ya! Which one of you girls send that to saem huh?” Bambam said looking at his friends.

            “Not us…” Leena said with the nods from her cliques.

            “Ok, ok…settle down everyone…stop digging into my business…now…let’s begin…”

The clock seems to tick a little slower than usual for Taecyeon. He stood at the staircase looking at the door. It’s already 11.15 and Khun wasn’t here. Then the door opened.

            “Hey babe…” Taecyeon said and hugged Khun.

The warmth of Taecyeon’s embraced quickly made Khun lost in thought. Before he could lose his rational and his anger, Khun pushed Taecyeon away and stood a few feet from him.

            “This better be good…” he said staring at Taecyeon.

            “I’ve ended things with that girl…” Taecyeon said.

            “You did? Why?”

            “Because I love you more and I don’t think I could be happy without you…and come to think of it…I never really loved that girl anyway…she ‘s kinda like my younger sister…”

            “But it doesn’t stop you from kissing her before…” Khun crossed his arms.

            “Babe please…look, I know I was wrong by not settle the thing with her earlier…but now I did…can we just forget about it and start fresh…please…” Taecyeon walked towards Khun and hugged him again.

Khun hesitated at first but the pleading looks on Taecyeon’s face faded out his worries.

            “Let me tell you one thing…if I ever saw you with her or any other woman or man…the thing between us is off! I’ll even quit my job here and you’ll never see me again…” Khun warned.

            “You can’t be serious?”

            “Try me!”

They were kissing when suddenly the door opened and Minjun walked in.

            “What the…” his eyes got bigger. “Dude…” he looked at Khun.

            “I’ll explain everything to you…” Taecyeon turned at Khun. “I gotta go, I’ll pick you up at the usual spot…” he kissed Khun’s lips again and grabbed Minjun’s arm. “Let’s go…”

***********************

Saturday…

            “Do I have to go?” Khun said sitting on the edge of his bed. Vicky was rummaging through his closet looking for clothes for him to wear.

            “Yup! I need a date since Jin out of town…besides, you wanna see Taecyeon right? This is the time then…” Vicky took out a pair of black slacks and dark purple buttoned up shirt. “Put this on quick!”

            “Yes mam!”

The party venue filled with people. A lot of staff from Taecyeon’s agency were already there.

            “Looking for your lover boy?” Minjun said when he saw Taecyeon kept looking at the entrance.

            “Yeah…”

            “I still can’t believe you’re actually with him…I mean…I don’t even know you swing that way…I thought only Chansung did…”

            “Well…I just found out myself…”

            “There he is…”

Khun walked in arm in arm with Vicky next to him. His eyes wondered and his gaze met Taecyeon…small smile crossed his face.

            “Khun ah…” Jihyen said marching towards him. She gave him a big hug. “I’m glad you make it…”

            “Hi noona…um…meet Vicky, my best friend…this is Jihyen noona, Taecyeon’s older sister…”

            “Annyeong hasaeyo…” Vicky bowed.

            “Nae…look, I gotta go now…we’ll talk again later ok?” she hugged him again and left.

            “Looks like she’s very fond of you…” Vicky said as they headed towards the refreshment table.

             “Yeah…and I like her…she’s cool…”

They were talking when the familiar scent of Taecyeon’s perfume hit Khun’s nose. He turned around and Taecyeon was standing behind him.

            “Hey babe…” said.

            “Hey…” Khun smiled. “You look good…”

            “And so are you…hi Vicky…”

            “Hi…I thought you couldn’t see me standing here…” she rolled her eyes.

            “I only got my eyes on one person…” Taecyeon glanced at Khun making him blush.

            “I never knew my CEO would be this cheesy…urgghhh…I better leave you two alone…I’ll see you later ok boo?”

When Vicky left…

            “I’m glad you make it…actually, I have something planned tonight…” Taecyeon said looking around.

            “You do?”

            “Yeah…” Taecyeon saw his parents among the crowd. “Let's go…” he grabbed Khun hands and walked towards them.

As they approached the group, Taecyeon noticed a familiar back view. His heart almost stopped when the person turned around.

            “Oppa…” it was Hyemi.

            “Taecyeon ah…” Eunjung was there too.

            He quickly loosened the grip on Khun’s hand.

            “Hey…omma…appa…”

            “You silly boy!” his mom nudged his head. “How come you didn’t say that you have such a charming girlfriend?”

            “Girlfriend?”

He looked at Hyemi and then Khun.

            “Oh I’m so happy…this is the best thing ever…it’s like it was my birthday…” his mom squealed linking arm with his dad.

            “It’s about time son…” his father patted his shoulder.

            “But…”

            “Hey…you’re that nice young man…” his mom looked at Khun. “I’m sorry, I forgot what your name is…”     

            “It’s Nichkhun omonim…” Khun bowed.

            “Yeah…Nichkhun…omo…I never knew you’re so good looking…” she said. “Thank god I met Eunjung and Hyemi yesterday…otherwise I wouldn’t know that my son is seriously dating right now…”

Hyemi linked her arm around Taecyeon’s.

            “You look good together…”

Khun slowly walked away without saying a word, as they were busy praising Taecyeon and his ‘new’ girlfriend. He already regretting coming to the party.

            “Nichkhun ssi…” it’s Chansung.

            “Oh…Chansung ssi…”

            “I thought you said you weren’t coming…”

            “Vicky dragged me here…”

Chansung looked and saw Taecyeon arm in arm with another girl talking to his parents.

            “Where’s Vicky?”

            “I dunno…somewhere in here I guess…I’m gonna go outside for some air…it feels stuffy in here…”

            “I’ll come with you…”

            “Thanks but I want to be alone…” Khun said and went to the small garden outside the hall.

Taecyeon saw Khun left to the garden but he can’t do anything about it.

            “Um…Hyemi ah…can we talk for a while?” he said.

Khun looked the reflection of him inside the mirror and sighed. How could he fall someone this bad in this short period of time? A guy that could be any men or women dream to have…they have quite a good relationship…although they do fight sometimes over Taecyeon somewhat over jealousy. Moreover, there’s the fact that they were a secret lovers…

This could be the worst thing that ever happened to him since Seulong…if he knew that he’s gonna be this heartbroken, he wouldn’t have start this whole thing at first place.

He quickly splashed his face with cold water and turned off the tap. He wiped the excess water and head out. He just wanna go home and forget everything.

Khun was on his way out when he heard Jihyen’s voice coming from the powder room right across the men’s room.

            “Are for real omma? But Taec doesn’t say anything about it…” Jihyen said.

            “He would try to drag this off forever if I don’t do anything…that girl is nice, she came from a good family…”

            “But omma…I don’t think Taec would like that…”

            “I’m not gonna lose that kind girl…I’m gonna announce Taec’s engagement tonight after your dad cut his birthday cake…” his mom said.

Engagement?

Khun froze at the word. 

 

An update! I wanted to post this up last night but the internet connection get wired up and crazy...

Happy reading and flood the comment box ok!

ANNYEONG!!!