Opening Up

Dirty Little Secret

Everything seemed unfamiliar when Khun opened his eyes. His pounding head was no longer hurt like before. He looked around and realised that he’s not in his house. To his side, Taecyeon was asleep leaning against the wall while sitting.

The last thing he remembered that he was about to go to work and then Taecyeon brought him in…he looked at the clock and it’s almost 3pm. He’s been asleep for 8 hours straight.

*Oh my god…the kindergarten…Mrs. Kwon…*

Taecyeon stirred from his nap and saw Khun was already up.

            “Hey…” he rubbed his sleepy eyes. “You ok? Your head still hurt?”

            “No…”

            “Thank god…you were burning this morning…scare the hell out of me…” he got up and walked to the kitchen. He brought a tray back with him. “Here…”

There’s a bowl of porridge and a thick coffee-like water in the cup.

            “I went to the pharmacy and the ajumma said that abalone porridge is good for recovering from fever…and this is herbal drink…she said that this is good too…”

            “Thanks…”

Khun finished the porridge and gulped down the bitter drink.

            “That’s a good boy…” Taecyeon patted Khun’s head.

            “What am I? A dog?” Khun glared at him.

            “Like I said before…an adorable puppy…”

            “Whatever…”

Taecyeon is glad that Khun was back to his normal self again. Watching Khun in pain just now hurt his heart.

            “You ok now?” he asked.

            “Yeah…thanks anyway…”

Then they heard someone calling Khun’s name from outside. They got out and saw Wooyoung at Khun’s door.

            “Nichkhun ssi…are you there?” he said peeking through the small glass window.

            “Wooyoung ssi…”

Khun wore his shoes and walked towards Wooyoung.

            “I went to the kindergarten and Mrs. Kwon said that you’re down with fever…”

            “I was…but I’m all better now…”

            “That’s good to hear…” Wooyoung hugged him. “Here…my mom made some chicken soup for you…”

            “Aww…you shouldn’t have…thanks…c’mon in…”

The sight of Khun being extra friendly towards Wooyoung is like a dagger stabbing through Taecyeon’s poor heart.

*Am I not good enough?* he sighed.

The next day Khun went to the kindergarten as usual.

            “Good morning Mrs. Kwon…” he said and bowed.

            “Morning Khun ah…are you feeling better now?” she patted his shoulder.

            “Yes…I’m so sorry about yesterday…it must be so hard on your own with the kids…I promise it won’t happen again…”

            “It’s okay…that friend of yours…what was his name again? Taecyeon…he called one of his employees to help me…he said he wanted to help me himself but there’s no one looking after you at home…such a nice guy…”

            “He told you I was sick?”

            “Yeah…came running over sweating like a mad man…I gotta tell you Khun ah…I’ll be a happy woman if I had someone like him…he looked so genuinely worried about you…asking me where’s the best pharmacy around here and stuff…”

Khun could never imagine that Taecyeon would go great length for him.

            “Tell me something…is there anything going on with you and that guy?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

            “We used to go out but we’ve broken up…” Khun end up telling her the whole story.

            “Well…it looked to me that he wanted you back…I’m just saying though…” she smiled.

The kids was having their afternoon nap when someone came to the kindergarten.

            “Nichkhun ssi?” a guy wearing a helmet walked into the waiting area.

            “That’s me…”

          “There’s a delivery for you…” he gave Khun a box. “Please leave your sign here…thank you…”

When the deliveryman left, Khun opened the box. Inside, there’s a soft cashmere muffler and few bottles of supplements.

Keep yourself warm…they said cashmere was the best so I got you one. And take this vitamins with you…your body needs the energy…don’t fall sick again Khun ah…

Love TY

            “Someone really wants you back…TY…it’s him isn’t it?” Mrs. Kwon looked at him.

Khun just nodded.

Few days later….

            “Yaa…when are you coming back to the agency? You said that you’ll be gone for a month…it’s already a week over…” Minjun said as he met Taecyeon after a meeting with one of the agency’s main sponsors.

            “Why? Are you sick of it already?” Taecyeon sipped his coffee.

            “Not really…working together with Eunjung is great…believe me…it’s just that I missed being in the studio ya’know? Getting my hands on the keyboard and stuff…”

            “I know…but give me a little more time…I promise…as soon as I’m done, I’ll be back and you’re gonna be free…” Taecyeon looked at Minjun.

            “What exactly are you doing right now? There’s tonnes of rumours going around the agency…”

            “Rumours?” Taecyeon raised his eyebrows.

            “Yeah…people said that you got cut out from your title as CEO and living abroad…you got caught up in a scandal with one of the actresses…and the most famous…you’re getting married to Hyemi and were on vacation with her…” Minjun smiled.

            “Really? They said that?”

            “Yup! And that’s the only one that I heard…there’s probably more…”

Taecyeon smiled.

            “So, you wanna tell me what you’ve been up to?” Minjun stared at him.

            “Well…I’ve been spending the time winning over someone back…it’s hard but I think I’m making a big progress with him…”

            “Him?” Minjun’s eyes widened.

            “Yup…him…”

            “Don’t tell me that ‘him’ is Nichkhun…”

Taecyeon just nodded.

            “What about Hyemi then?”

            “It’s over with her…and any other woman for that matter…”

            “I dunno you man…it’s like you’re swinging both ways right now…I don’t even want to think about it but I’m wondering…”

            “Let just say that I’m a one man guy right now…”

            “And that man would be Nichkhun?”

            “Bingo…”

It’s almost 10pm when Taecyeon finally arrived home. He was tired from the long drive and a day packed with schedule. He walked up the stairs and saw Khun sitting alone at the platform in front of his house.

*What is he doing there?* he thought.

Khun glanced at the watch around his wrist. He was getting restless wondering about Taecyeon. When he heard footsteps coming up the stairs, he turned around and saw Taecyeon. The sight of the man made his heart skipped a beat. Taecyeon had his white shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbow and tucked out of his black slacks…his necktie loosened and coat hanging on his shoulder…damn, that was y!

Taecyeon saw Khun and smiled. He wanted to go over and talked to him but something told him to stop…he wanted to give Khun some space.

Khun watched as Taecyeon quietly made his way to his house without saying a word.

*Is something wrong?* he wondered.

Taecyeon came out from his bathroom drying his hair. The hot bad did it wonders…soothing his tired body. He was about to put something on when someone knocked the front door.

Khun almost dropped the tray he was holding watching Taecyeon in front him. Water still dripping from his hair as a sign that he was just out of the shower. Clad only in his towel, Khun was seconds away from ravishing Taecyeon’s glorious body right there.

            “Khun ah…” his voice burst Khun’s wondering thoughts.

Khun quickly walked past Taecyeon and put the tray on the table. Darting his gaze away from Taecyeon’s delicious half body, he head back to the door.

            “I made that for you…thank you for taking care of me the other day…” Khun said and left.

Between the tray of food and the fact that Khun actually made it or him, Taecyeon was completely surprised…but in pleasant kind of way. Maybe Khun is slowly trying to accept him back into his life.