Final

Dirty Little Secret

Khun watched as the casket lowered into the ground. Heaps of people at the cemetery attending the funeral. Taecyeon’s parents hugged each other and cried and Jihyen was beside them saying the last goodbye to her beloved little brother.

            “Babe…” Khun whispered. He can’t believe that Taecyeon did leave him forever.

            “Just let him go Khun ah…” Vicky hugged him.

            “I missed him Vicky…he promised that he would never leave me again…”

            “I know boo…”

As the men covered the ground with soil, Khun ran towards the grave and wailed.

Khun opened his eyes and he was in his room, covered in sweat.

            “Thank god…it was just a dream…” he sighed. Looking at the clock on the bedside table, it’s only 5am.

He got up and head out to the bathroom. After a quick shower, he got dressed up and went to the kitchen for a light breakfast.

It all went like a routine for him…time flies so slow these days. He arrived at the agency an hour later and his days started as usual.

Lunchtime…

The lesson just ended and Khun was getting ready for his one on one session when someone walked into his practise room.

            “Songsaenim…” Minseo came running towards him.

            “Minseo ah…” Khun scooped the little girl up into his arms.

            “Pretty songsaenim…” she said giggling away. “Appa…”

            “Wooyoung ssi…”

At the staff lounge…

            “Here…” Khun put a mug of coffee in front of Wooyoung.

            “Thanks…nice place you got here…now I know why kids wanted to be an idol so much…”

            “What are you doing here? You could’ve called me…”

            “It wasn’t in my plan…we’re visiting my aunt in Buamdong…then Minseo asked if she could see you since we’re already here…so here I am…”

Khun looked at Minseo who’s running around in the staff lounge.

            “I saw the news about Taecyeon…how is he doing?”

            “He haven’t woken up yet…it’s been two weeks now…”

            “Stay strong…I’m sure he will wake up one day…” Wooyoung patted Khun’s shoulder.

***************************

            “Ah oppa…just this once…just meets him tonight…if you don’t like him, you don’t have to go on a second date…” Min said cling her arm around Chansung’s.

            “Min ah…I told you…I’m not interested in blind dates…”

            “Oppa, you need to get out and date a little…not lazing around at home doing nothing…” Min nagged.

                        “But…”

            “No buts oppa…be there at 7 tonight or I won’t talk to you ever again…” she pouted.

            “Fine…” Chansung complied.  There’s no use go against Min’s words anyway…she will bugged you until you listen to her.

            “Good…I gotta go…don’t forget oppa, 7pm at Kristabelli…” Min said running towards the exit door.

Suddenly, something bumped into Chansung’s legs. He looked down and saw a small girl already fell down on the floor.

            “Aigoo…are you okay?” Chansung squatted down checking on her.

            “I’m…I’m…fine…” she got up and smoothed out her skirt.

            “Are you alone? Where’s your parents?”

Then…

            “Minseo ah…how many times I’ve told you not to run around like that?” Wooyoung came running. “I’m so sorry…” he bowed slightly towards Chansung.

            “It’s okay…I’m just glad that she’s not hurt…” Chansung said looking at the man in front of him.

*Cute…too bad that’s he’s married.* he thought.

            “Hey, I’ve seen you before…you’re Khun’s friend from Seoul right? The one that came to my mother’s restaurant…in Yangpyeong…”

            “That was your mother’s restaurant? The seafood stew is a killer…”

            “Thanks…it was my father’s secret recipe…”

Wooyoung felt something stirred inside him when he looked at Chansung…something he haven’t felt for a long time since Jinwoon left.

            “Um…if you’re not busy, would you like to come with us for ice cream?” Wooyoung asked.

            “Wouldn’t your wife mind?”

            “Wife? I’m a single father…had a partner but he left me after I decided to live in Yangpyeong and leave the city life…”

            “Really?”

            “Yeah…so, are you coming?”

            “Sure…”

            “Cool…”

            “Appa, I want ice cream!” Minseo whined.

            “Fine…but this ajusshi will come with us…is that ok?” Wooyoung asked his daughter.

Minseo looked up at Chansung and smiled.

            “Yup…handsome ajusshi can come with us…”

*********************************

            “Hey babe…I’m here…” Khun said as he walked into the room. As usual, Taecyeon just lay on the bed soundly asleep. “Jihyen noona gonna be late today so you’re stuck with me…” he leaned over and kiss Taecyeon’s lips. “I better go change your air humidifier…be back soon…”

Taecyeon slowly opened his eyes and saw Khun’s back as he walked out the door. When the doctor told him that he was in a coma for two weeks, he couldn’t believe it. It felt like yesterday when the tragedy happened.

Flashback

Last night…

Taecyeon opened his eyes and felt sore all over his body. His head feels heavy as if he’s been sleeping for a long time. He saw a woman came in.

            “You’re awake…finally…” she said.

            “I…I…” he wanted to speak but his throat felt dry as sandpaper.

            “Don’t say anything…here, this might help relief that sore throat…” the nurse handed him a couple of ice chips. “Hang in there…I’ll go get the doctor ok?”

Then…

            “Looks like everything is good…” the doctor said checking his clipboard.

            “How…long…I’ve been out?” Taecyeon asked.

            “Two weeks…don’t you remember anything?”

            “Well…not much…I heard voices around me…”

The doctor explained everything to him and bit by bit the details came back to him.

            “Nurse, can I ask you something?” he took a sip of water and soothed his dry throat.

            “Sure…” she answered.

            “Did anyone come to see me?”

            “Of course…heaps of people…idols, staffs, friends…you name it…they’re all here…and there’s one guy…Khun…he never left your side from the first day…”

Taecyeon smiled hearing the name.

End of Flashback

            “Jihyen noona finally went to a blind date arranged by your mom…she whined…as usual…but I think she liked the man though…” Khun chuckled remembering Jihyen calling him the other day talking about the date. “Your noona can’t stop talking about that guy…” he got up and refilled the water container of the air purifier.

            “One more thing…my parents is coming from Thailand for a visit…so you better be prepared…”

            “They’re coming? When?”

He turned around and saw Taecyeon smiling at him. His eyes widened.

            “Hey babe…” Taecyeon said and waved.

Khun rushed towards Taecyeon and hugged him tight.

            “You’re that happy to see me?” Taecyeon giggled. He Khun’s hair and heard a faint sob. “Babe, are you okay?”

Khun looked up with tears running down.

            “Hey what’s wrong?” Taecyeon cupped his cheeks.

            “I thought…I’d…lost…you for good…” Khun said between hiccups.

            “Oh babe…” Taecyeon sat up and kissed Khun’s lips.

When their lips touched, Khun felt the worries he was carrying all this while were gone in instant.

           “Don’t you ever do this again…do you hear me?” Khun laid his head on Taecyeon’s shoulder.

            “Do you love me that much?”

            “Do you have to ask? I thought I’m gonna go crazy sooner or later…” Khun tightened his embrace as if he didn’t want to Taecyeon go.

            “Babe…I’m still the patient here…urghh…” Taecyeon winced.

            “Sorry…I just…it’s all my fault…if it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t be like this…”

            “Hey…don’t say that…I’d do the same thing even if you turn back time…I love you so much Khun ah…”

            “Me too…”

They were kissing when Jihyen walked in.

            “So this is the first thing you do when you woke up huh?” she glared at them.

            “Noona!”

Jihyen went towards Taecyeon and smacked his head.

            “What was that for?” Taecyeon rubbed his head.

            “To remind you not to worry us anymore…welcome back little brother…” she hugged him.

            “Noona…”

            “Mom and dad gonna flip…let me call her…”

******************

The wedding hall is packed with people. Khun and Taecyeon arrived and greeted by Vicky’s mom.

            “Congratulation omonim…Jin is a very good man…” Khun said hugging the older woman.

            “Thank you…so, is this the man Vicky told me about?” she looked at Taecyeon. Khun nodded. “Nice catch…”

            “I bet…”

The wedding went off without any major glitch. When it’s turn for the bride to throw the bouquet, someone pushed Khun forward.

            “Ready? Here we come!” Vicky said and threw the bouquet.

The girls were fighting for it but then it fell on Khun’s hands. Vicky smiled knowingly at her best friend.

Later that day…

            “I can’t believe Vicky’s getting married…I felt like I was losing my best friend to another man…” Khun said looking outside the window. They were in the car watching the sun set.

            “I just hope that she wouldn’t end up at our couch when she’s in a fight with Jin though…”

            “That could happen…”

            “Hey babe…why don’t you check that dashboard compartment? There’s something I want to give you…” Taecyeon said.

            “Present?”

Taecyeon nodded.

            “But it’s not my birthday…and our anniversary is a few months away…” Khun looked at Taecyeon. “What did you do?”

            “Nothing! C’mon…just take a look…”

            “Fine…”

Khun opened the compartment and saw a small black velvet box. He looked at Taecyeon and he just smiled. Khun took the box and inside, there’s a pair of silver band.

            “Babe…”

            “I want us to get legally bound together…I know this is not in those romantic movies that we used to watch but…Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul…would you marry me?”

            “No…” Khun shook his head.

            “No?”

Khun took out a small box from his pocket and open it in front of Taecyeon.

            “I was about to ask you the same thing…”

The two of them just smiled looking at the two pairs of wedding band in front of them.

            “Most couple have one wedding ring but it looks like we gonna have extra then…”

Taecyeon leaned over and kissed Khun’s lips. It was a tender kiss to seal the promise they made.

This gonna be a new start for the both of them and it looks like a bright journey ahead.

 

FINISH~~~~~

Another fic ended....it's a bitter sweet thing for me when this story end...I gained a lot of happy memories while writing this...reading all of your comments brings smiles to my face...hundreds and thousand of thank you to all my loyal subbers and readers...I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!