The War

Choose Me, Taeyeon-ah

Yuri arrives at the Ice cream parlor in ten minutes time. She walks inside and looking around for Taeyeon and Sulli. Yuri smiles when she sees Taeyeon and Sulli waves excitedly at her. She walks to their direction and sits across Taeyeon.

“I have ordered a mocha flavor for you. That’s your favorite flavor, right?” Taeyeon asks. “Yesh, Mocha ish auntie’s favorite!” Sulli answers instead of Yuri. Taeyeon turns to Sulli and chuckles while ruffling her hair. Sulli shows her toothy smile and continue eating her ice cream.

Yuri smiles brightly and pinches Sulli’s chubby cheek gently. “What a cutie.” Yuri sees that Chocolate ice cream smears all over her chin and mouth so she wipes Sulli’s face when she finish, earning a bright smile of gratitude from the child. “Thank you, aunty!” “You are welcome, Sulli.” Yuri says then starts eating her ice cream.

Taeyeon looks at Yuri that busy eating and chuckles. “Sulli, look, your aunty has a mocha moustache.” Sulli and Taeyeon giggles at Yuri that smiles shyly and tries to wipe clean frantically but fails. She leans forward, snatch the napkin from Yuri’s hand and proceed to cleaning Yuri’s mouth.

Yuri feels embarrassed because of her clumsiness. She takes a napkin and hastily tries to clean her face. By the sounds of Taeyeon and Sulli’s laugh, she knows that she misses a spot. She smiles sheepishly and feels happy when Taeyeon takes the napkin and wants to help her wipes it. Everything is so perfect for her. Although Sulli isn’t her real child, she doesn’t mind. She is happy with her family now. She has the money and the family.

Right before Taeyeon touch Yuri’s mouth, out of nowhere, a hand circling Taeyeon’s wrist, effectively stopping her and the same hand takes the napkin and wipes Yuri’s mouth roughly. Taeyeon surprised by the sudden intrusion. She trailed her eyes along the hand and finds that Jessica is the culprit. Taeyeon shakes her head at Jessica’s childish action and sighs. Looks like ‘the war’ is about to begin.

Right, I forget. Everything will be perfect if only this stupid creature doesn’t appear. Yuri glares at Jessica fiercely and swat her hand from her face. “What are you doing here?” Yuri asks with gritted teeth. Yuri hates Jessica to her core because not only she is a chief of the police team that huts her, she is always disturb her happy time with Taeyeon and Sulli.

Jessica returns the glare with same intensity and says,” I’m here for my Taenggoo and Sulli.”

Yuri stands up abruptly after she hears that and lean forward dangerously. “Your Taenggoo and Sulli? They aren’t yours! They are mine!”

Jessica feels challenged so she leans more and says,” No, they are mine!”

“Mine!”

“Mine!”

“Mine!”

Taeyeon and Sulli look at each other helplessly and sigh. By now, Yuri and Jessica’s forehead have touched and start bumping their forehead with every ‘Mine’ word that they say. Sulli clicks her tounge and tugs Taeyeon’s hand. “Umma, Umma has to do ‘it’ now. They won’t stop unless Umma do ‘it’. Sulli is tired hearing their shouts.”

Taeyeon pats her daughter’s head and shakes her head. How come my three years old daughter is more matured than both of them? “Alright, Umma will do ‘it’ now.” Taeyeon stands up, walks to the between of them, grabs their neck and pecks both of their cheek, effectively makes them close their mouth because both of them now have red faces and feeling shy.

Taeyeon separates them by their forehead and makes them sit side by side, across her and Sulli. After Taeyeon finish calming the two children, she sits back to her chair and beams a smile to Sulli. Sulli nods her head satisfiedly and peck her Umma’s cheek as a reward. Taeyeon return the peck and turns to the two troublemakers. She pouts disappointedly and says,” You two always fight whenever you met. Even Sulli thinks you are childish.” Sulli nods her head eagerly to support her Umma’s words.

Yuri and Jessica look down shamefully and apologize at the same time,” I’m sorry.” When they hear this, they look at each other again and the childish fight starts again. “Why are you following my words?”

“I’m not! You are the one that following me!”

“No, you are!”

“You are!”

“You are!”

Taeyeon and Sulli shake their head and give up. Taeyeon stands up, pick Sulli and walks away with Sulli in her embrace. “Sulli, how about we go to the mall? This month Umma can buy one doll and one toy for Sulli because Umma got bonus!” “Yey!” Sulli shouts happily and claps her hands. In the midst of her laugh, she stops. She looks at Taeyeon with a puppy eyes and asks,” Umma, can Sulli change the toy to a doll so that Sulli get two dolls instead? Sulli doesn’t like toy. Please Umma, Sulli wants to have more Dookong..” Sulli cups Taeyeon’s face and peppering kisses on her face. Taeyeon laughs at her daughter’s cuteness and agrees,” Aww, how can I reject when my daughter looking so cute? Okay! Two dookongs for Sulli!” Sulli shouts once again and smooch her mother’s cheek. “Yey! Muacchh! Sulli loves Umma!” Taeyeon and Sulli walks happily to the mall, leaving the ‘war’ behind.

Meanwhile, the glaring contest is still on. Both of them know that their eyes are hurt but they refrain their selves from blinking. You can do it, Yuri! You are the head gang! Jessica opens her eyes wider and clenches her teeth. You are the chief of policeman! You can’t lose to this black woman!

Sooyoung and Tiffany that have arrived by the call of Taeyeon, give signal to each other and agree to stop the childish war and inform their boss that their objects of affection have leave them long time ago. They tap their boss’ shoulder, successfully make them blink at the same time. Yuri and Jessica that shocked turn to their subordinate, ready to scold them but find that they can’t say anything because their mouth covered by their subordinate’s palm. “Tae Tae and Sulli have leaved thirty minutes ago.” Tiffany says. “Taeng also says that she doesn’t want to meet either of you if you still act childishly.” Sooyoung continues Tiffany’s words. “ Yuri and Jessica turn to each other, ready to blame and start another fight but stops when they hears Sooyoung’s next words. “Taeng also says that if you two start another fight, she won’t meet either of you for one month.”

Jessica and Yuri exhale loudly to calm their selves and then merong to each other before leave, making Sooyoung and Tiffany sigh. Tiffany bows politely and says,” I’ll be leaving first, Ms. Choi. I have a gut that I will meet you soon so, see you soon.” Sooyoung return the bow and smile slightly,” See you soon, Officer Hwang.”

Back to the Happy mother and daughter..

Taeyeon and Sulli walks with intertwined hand, small dookong on Sulli’s hand and big dookong on Taeyeon’s hand. They skips happily to the ice cream parlor, enjoy the rest of their day, forgetting two people that looking for them like crazy.