The reunion

Choose Me, Taeyeon-ah

“Why are you chuckling, Yuri?” Sunny asks curiously.

“Nothing, I was just remembering the first time we met. How cute and bold you are in confessing your love.”

Sunny covers her face embarrassedly and hit Yuri’s arm. “Forget about it, please. But I’m happy I did it because in the end I can have you here beside me. Blame your gorgeous self for making me taking a bold step!” Sunny merong-ed at Yuri playfully. Although you can’t give me your heart, I’m content having your presence with me, Yuri. Will you ever love me someday?

Yuri smiles at the cute sight and then hugs her. “Thank you for being brave that night.” I can feel it, little by little you stole my heart.

Sunny gives Yuri her eyes smile then hit her chest lightly. “Stop being mushy and let’s go to the café. I heard that they have a new ice cream creation.”

Ice cream.. If Taeyeonnie is here, I’m sure she will hop around like a hyper bunny. Where are you, Taeyeonnie? Can’t you at least tell me that you are fine so I can move on? Yuri sighs heavily, thinking about Taeyeon.

“Yuri!” Sunny taps Yuri’s arm excitedly.

“Hmm?” Yuri smiles, looking at Sunny that pointing at someone across the street.

“That woman over there is checking you out! She has been looking at you for awhile now! As expected from beautiful person like you! Hmm… But she is as hot as you although she is a little short, that scar on her face makes her looks mysterious and y!”

Short, scar? That words reminding her of someone that she misses the most. “What?! Where?!” Yuri frantically search. Is Taeyeonnie here?!

“There, in the payphone booth.”

Yuri turns her head to that direction and her heart stop beating for a second.”T-taeyeonnie..” Sounds of her phone ringing snaps her but she ignores it. She wants to across the street but Taeyeon looks at her, smiles, and signaling her to stay where she is now. Then Taeyeon points at the phone in her ear, asking Yuri to pick up her phone.

“Y-Yoboseo Taeyeon-ah?” Yuri answers.

“Yuri-ah.” Finally Yuri hears Taeyeon’s soothing voice once again. She broke into tears and both of them silence for a moment until Yuri calm again. Sunny saw this scene, put one and one together and realize that that woman over there is the one that had Yuri’s heart. She feels her heart break because she thought Yuri will abandon her and back to that woman. But despite her broken heart, she pulls Yuri into her embrace and pats her back to calm her.

After five years going under the radar, Taeyeon finished her task and decides to go public once again. Although her friends can’t find her, she put her friends under her watch by arranging one person tailing each of them every day. That way she knows how her friends finally have move on. She is happy for Yuri to meet sunny and Yoona to settle down with Seohyun. Right now, she is going to do the only thing that she can do, giving them a closure and urging them to keep moving on. That’s why she meets Yuri now.

After she hears Yuri’s sobs has reduced, Taeyeon starts speaking. “Yuri-ah, don’t cry. I’m sorry for leaving all of you so suddenly but I don’t have another choice. My sadness and anger was too big to the point that I blame all of you for my daughter’s death.”

“Taeyeon-ah..” Yuri respond weakly.

“No, shh.. Let me speak, Yul. I’m really sorry and I hope you keep moving on just like now. I know that woman besides you has been there for you through your hard time and I know she loves you so much. I know too that little by little she mends your heart. Please don’t break her heart by thinking about me all the time. She is a good woman. You won’t find another one as good as her if she walks away. I’m not pressuring you to do it right away but try harder, Yul. Look at her now, Yul. Look at her eyes carefully and you’ll find how great her love for you but sadly you can also find that slowly she is giving up on her feeling. Becareful, you can lose her, Yul. Tell Yoong and Hyunnie that I love them and please stop looking for me. I will come to you when I am ready. Can I speak with your girlfriend, Yul?”

Yuri turns to Sunny and gives the phone to her. “Taeyeonnie wants to speak to you.”

Sunny furrows her brow in confusion. Why? Does she want to scold me? But I didn’t do anything wrong. Sunny looks at the phone like it will bite her.

Yuri chuckles looking at the cute sight. “She won’t say anything bad to you, Sunny. Come on, take it.”

Sunny nods her head and hesitantly put the phone on her ear. “Yoboseo?”

“Good morning, Sunny-ssi.”

“How do you know my name?”

“Ah.. let’s just say I know how my friend’s life is all this time. I know this may sound creepy but I need to keep my friend safe.”

“Uhmm… Why do you want to talk with me?” Sunny bites her lip, waiting for Taeyeon’s answer with her heart beating so fast.

“Right.. I want to ask you to keep taking care of Yul, keep helping her moving on, keep her sane, keep loving her and don’t give up. I don’t know whether you know or not but Yul has started returning your feeling. Please don’t give up just yet. Yul is a good person and she deserves someone better like you, Sunny-ssi.”

Sunny’s heavy heart suddenly becomes light when she hears this. “Are you- Are you giving me your permission?”

Taeyeon laugh heartily and answers,” Permission? I don’t know whether I have that right or not but if it will give you a peace for your mind then yes, I’m giving you my permission.”

Sunny smiles brightly and looks at Taeyeon’s direction. “You don’t know how much this words mean to me. Thank you Taeyeon-ssi. I will never stop loving her even if she pushing me away. I will clinging to her like a koala on the tree.”

Taeyeon sighs in relief and speaks again. “Sunny-ssi, I need to go now. Please deliver this message to Yul. Ask Yul to tell Sica and Krystal that I’m not blaming them but I’m sorry, I will get my revenge on Mr. Jung really soon. And tell Sica to start moving on like Yul. I’m not worth it. Bye.” Taeyeon put the phone down and walks away.

“Yoboseo? Yoboseo, Taeyeon-ssi?” Sunny looks at the retreating figure then at Yuri. “She ends the call.”

Yuri looks disappointed but a little but then smiles. “It’s alright. As long as I know that she is fine, I’m okay. What did she tell you?”

“She asked you to tell Jessica and Krystal that she doesn’t blaming them and she apologized because she will revenge to Mr. Jung real soon and she also asked you to tell Jessica to move on. She is not worth it.”

Yuri sighs sadly when she hears Jessica’s name. “I don’t think Sica will obey Taeyeonnie’s favor but I will tell her Taeyeonnie’s message.” Yuri then changes her expression into a mischievous one. “So, is that it? I think you speak with her for a long time. She said something else to you, right? I think I even heard about someone will clinging to someone. Wooww, that word sounds soooo possessive.”

Sunny’s face redden in embarassement  but she declares sternly. “Yes, I am a possessive person. I have declared from the first time we met that I’m interested in you and now I have Taeyeon-ssi’s support to love you. You have no choice but to love me for the rest of your life because I will attach to your hip and nothing can stop me. Do you hear me? You are mine! Even if you don’t want me, you are mine!”

Yuri cups Sunny’s cheeks then kiss her to silence her rambling. “I never said I don’t want you. I’m yours as you are mine. I will start loving you, Bunny. Thank you for waiting me all this time.”

Sunny hugs Yuri tightly and cries,” Thank you for giving me a chance, Yuri. You won’t regret it. I promise. I love you.”

----------------------

Like every other day, Krystal knocks at Jessica’s study room and thinking she will find a working hard Jessica in building a case of their father’s criminal act but she finds a crying Jessica instead. She rushes to Jessica’s side and hugs her. “What’s wrong, Unnie? Why are you crying? Are you thinking about Taeyeon Unnie once again?”

“Taenggoo called Yuri this morning.” Jessica answers in between her sobs.

Krystal widens her eyes in surprise then look at her sister intently. “And? What did she say? Did she- Did she blame us? Did she hate us?”

Jessica shakes her head and smiles,” No, she asked Yuri to tell us that she didn’t blame us and she wants us to moving on and she sent her apology because she can’t forgive our dad and will get her revenge soon.”

Krystal worried about her father but relief at the same time. “Well, that’s a relief, right? She didn’t hate us. About our father, it’s as expected. So why are you crying so sadly?”

Jessica looks at Krystal with her tear stained face and very broken hearted expression. “Taenggoo asked me to stop loving her and moving on. She said that she isn’t worth it. What should I do, Soojung-ah? I don’t want to do that. I can’t do that. I don’t want anyone else but her! I can’t live without her!”

“Unnie…” Krystal pitied Jessica. Taeyeon Unnie is doing you a favor. By moving on, whatever bad things that she is planning to do, you won’t get invovlved. But is that a wise thing to do? Should I be selfish and help Taeyeon Unnie by asking you to move on? But Taeyeon Unnie is my family before I found my real one. I’m sorry, father. I will choose Taeyeon Unnie’s side.

Krystal smacks Jessica’s shoulder hard enough to make her stop crying and stunned looking at her. “Unnie! Crying won’t solve anything! If you loves Taeyeon Unnie that much then get up, gather people and find her. Tell her that you can’t give up, you will stay by her side whatever it is that she is planning to do. Tell her that you love her. She just met Yuri Unnie, right? And she said she is going to get her revenge, right? That means she is still in this city. Do whatever it takes to get her back, Unnie. She is alone now. She needs us no matter what she says.”

“Soojung-ah..”

Krystal pulls Jessica up and says,” Stop getting mushy on me, Unnie. You can thank me later when you have found Taeyeon Unnie. Now go. Go get your love one!”

Jessica put her leather jacket on then hug Krystal before she run out. “I will thank you properly later, Soojung-ah. I love you!”

----------------

In an empty room inside a mansion, standing a lonely figure looking at a photo of two people. Photo of her self and her daughter. There, they laughing happily without care of the world. “Sulli-ah, the time has come. Should Umma going on with this plan?” Taeyeon asks into thin air.

“Boss.”

Taeyeon turns to the man that calls her.

“My man told me that Ms. Jung has reactivated the searching party for you. What should we do with it?”

Taeyeon close her eyes for a moment. Sica-ah, why can’t you give up?

“Boss! Another message comes! It is said that the younger Jung is kidnapped by the same one that do that bad thing to your daughter!”

Taeyeon snaps open her eyes and looks at her man fiercely. “I assume you know the location? I don’t want to kill him but I guess he never know when to stop.” Her man nods his head as an answer. “Prepare my car and both of you come with me. We will teach him a lesson.”

----------------

Krystal groans because of her aching head. She blinks several times to clear her blurry vision while trying to remember why she is ended up in an unknown warehouse. Krystal looks at the ceiling and remembers that someone hit her when she goes out to buy milk. She heard sounds of bone cracking from her right so she turn to the sound and wriggle to get a better sight. She curses the kidnapper to tied her legs and arms. She peeks from the crack on the door and finds three people fighting with the kidnappers. Two men and one woman. Wait is that… Taeyeon Unnie!!

Krystal kick the door to tells Taeyeon her location and succeed. Taeyeon turns to look at her but immediately Krystal regretted it. The kidnapper using the chance to smack Taeyeon on her back with a steel pipe. Krystal heard Taeyeon’s men screams in anger then finish all the fight. Taeyeon Unnie! Please be fine!

--------------

Argh! Stupid kidnapper! Such a loser! How dare he hit me from my back! My back hurt as hell! Taeyeon stands up and finds that her men have beaten them all. Tch! That what you get for playing dirty! Think this as a gift, if my man didn’t beat you, I will put chopstick full of hot sauce into your nose! Oh no! wait! I can’t go back into a dorky one! Until my daughter get her peace, I won’t be happy! Taeyeon takes a deep breath to calm her self and says mentally Congratulation Taeyeon, you have strengthen your mind! Taeyeon smiles proudly at herself. Hmm.. looks like I missed something… Right, Krystal!

Taeyeon goes to the door and yank it open. She finds a binded Krystal looking at her with eyes open wide. Taeyeon crouching down beside Krystal then frees her from the rope. Immediately Krystal latches her self to Taeyeon and screams in happiness. No fear or shock heard in her voice. “Taeyeon Unnie!!! I miss you!”

Taeyeon returns the hug tightly. “I miss you too, Kiddo. Don’t worry, your sister will come soon. I have send my man to tell her this location.”

Unnie will come? Yes! This is a chance! I won’t let Taeyeon Unnie getting away! Krystal smirks evilly.

“Boss, Ms. Jung and friends have arrived. We need to leave now.”

“Unnie need to leave now, Kiddo.” Taeyeon tries to push Krystal but finding the more she pushes her, the tighter Krystal hugs her. “Kiddo,  you need to let me go.”

“No! I can’t let you go! Jessica Unnie has suffered so much from missing you! She cut all ties with father because of what he has done and start collecting proves to put him in jail! I know you are suffering too, Unnie! You are alone all this time but we are your family too! Stay with us! We love you, let us help you! Please stop running, Unnie!” Krystal locks her arms on Taeyeon’s neck, her legs on Taeyeon’s waist, successfully making her immobile.

Taeyeon shocks when she hears this. She doesn’t know that Jessica do all of this for her.

“Krystal!!” They heard Jessica calls her sister.

Krystal and Taeyeon’s men look at Taeyeon, waiting for her decision. “I will stay. You two go back and wait for my instruction.” Krystal smiles widely by this and peck Taeyeon’s bloodied cheek.

Taeyeon’s men bows then run out from the building both with smile on their face because secretly after five years spending time with their boss, they are fond of her. Never once they saw their boss smile but tonight they see their boss’ beautiful smile when Krystal kisses her. Be happy, Boss!

-------------------

Jessica runs inside the building with Yuri, Yoona, and Seohyun trail behind her. “Krystal!” She shouts desperately. Jessica sees two men run out from a room so she runs to the direction of the room and finds Krystal hugging someone with smile on her face. Did someone hit her head too hard? Why is she smiling when someone kidnapped her? And who is it that she hugs?

Krystal looks at her and shouts happily,” Unnie! Look who I had succeed to trap!” Jessica gasps loudly and she hears several gasps too when the one that Krystal hug turn to look at them. It’s Taeyeon with bloodied and busted face. She smiles crookedly at them and says,” Hi?”