Nightmare

Choose Me, Taeyeon-ah

Taeyeon stands in front of a mirror, looking at her face that has been free from bandage. She traces her scar and chuckles sadly. “He should’ve just killed me back then. How should I live with this ugly face?” Taeyeon closes her eyes, can’t bear to look at the mirror anymore. “Not only left a scar on my face, he even made my left eye blind. Is there God in this world? Why would misery always follow me? What sin did I do so I deserve this pain? Why? Why?!!” Taeyeon punches the mirror several time while repeating her question,” WHY?!” The mirror broke into pieces and her knuckle bleeds but she feels nothing. She takes a deep breath to makes herself calm then walk to her bed. She picks up the phone and presses the number for housemaid department. “Sent a maid or two to my room, I broke a mirror and I need them to clean it now.” She cut off the call without waiting for the answer then lies down. She put her uninjured arm above her eyes and sighs. She can feel her blood flows from her wound but she ignores it.

“Ms. Kim wants two maids to her room to clean the mirror that she broke.” Head of the housemaid announced. Jessica and Yuri’s ears perk up by it. They stand in front of the head with broom on their hands and raise their other hand. They look at the head full of expectation and their eyes twinkling brightly. The head smiles amusedly by the eagerness. “Okay, you two can go but please behave. Ms. Kim is not in her best mood right now.”

“Yes, we will! Thank you, Mrs. Lee.” YulSic bow the dash to Taeyeon’s room. They can’t wait to see their lovely Taeyeon again. No one can blame their impatient feeling right now because Taeyeon hasn’t go out of her room for three days. Her foods always brought in by Yoona and Taeyeon only allowed Sulli, Yoona, and Seohyun to enter her room freely. Although they have listed all the things that they will do to melt Taeyeon’s heart, they can’t do it because Taeyeon didn’t let them making any contact with her.

YulSica calm their selves, smooth their wrinkled uniform and tousled hair when they arrive in front of Taeyeon’s room. They look at each other then nod as encouragement. Jessica knocks softly to announce their arrival and opens the door. “Ms. Kim, we will go inside to clean the mirror.” Jessica peeks inside the room and find a sleeping Taeyeon. Yes! Taenggoo is sleeping! She turns to Yuri with glee expression and says,” Taenggoo is sleeping! Do you know what that mean? We free time to look at Taenggoo, touch her a little and if we are lucky.. Kiss..”

Jessica and Yuri hopping around like a hyper bunny. “Yes! Kiss! Kiss!” after they finish their celebratory jumps, they tip toed in the room and close the door softly. A ert smile pestered on their faces and it grows wider the closer they get to Taeyeon.

Suddenly Jessica that leads the way stops when they are near the bathroom. This makes Yuri bump her nose to Jessica’s head. “Yah! Why did you stop without notice? My nose is hurt!” Yuri rubs her nose furiously to ease the pain.

“I’m sorry but look!” Jessica says while pointing at something on the floor near the bathroom door. Yuri follows the direction that Jessica pointing at and see pieces of broken mirror. “So? What’s so odd about it? Of course there’s a broken mirror. After all that’s why Taeyeonnie asked for maids.”

“But something’s wrong with it.” Jessica says then drags Yuri closer to it. Right when they can see clearly the broken mirror, they gasp. Not because the mirror broken badly, but because they see pool of blood. They follow the trails of blood then gasp once again when they see Taeyeon’s bloody hand.

“Taenggoo..”

“Taeyeonnie..”

Jessica wants to approach Taeyeon but Yuri stops her. “I know you are worry but let’s do our job first so Taeyeonnie won’t mad if she wakes up accidentally when we clean her wound.” Jessica wants to argue but she knows that Yuri is right. She clenches her fist and start picking the big pieces of mirror while Yuri sweeps the rest. After the floor is free from the mirror, they wipe the blood clean. Jessica and Yuri put their broom and other equipment aside then start walking to Taeyeon’s side.

Jessica holds Taeyeon’s injured hand gingerly and she could feel her heart clench painfully. Why did you hurt yourself, Taenggoo? “Yul, please take the first aid kit in the bathroom.” Yuri bit her lip after she sees the wound but nods her head. She quickly takes the kit while praying Taeyeon won’t wake up before they finish tending her wound. “Here.”

Jessica takes a big amount of cotton then soaks it with alcohol. Gently, she wipes clean the blood on Taeyeon’s hand, cautiously avoid the wound. She wants to clean Taeyeon’s hand first then the wound. After she satisfied, she takes another ball of cotton and soaks it again with alcohol. She dap it on Taeyeon’s wound softly and hold her breath when Taeyeon flinch. Yuri and Jessica froze for a moment. Oh my God, please don’t wake up! They plead mentally. Few seconds later, Taeyeon fall back in her dream. Thank God! Yuri and Jessica release the breath that they have been holding unconsciously.

“Fiuh, this is more thrilling than stealing my mom’s money for clubbing.” Jessica says in relief. She can feel Yuri looks at her so she turns to Yuri. ” What?! I was a teenager too.” Jessica says defensively when Yuri looks at her with her brows raised and judging expression.

“Yeah, right. Whatever you say, Teenage Jessica. Now hurry clean the wounds.” Yuri says teasingly.

“I’m about to do it and don’t call me that! It’s not like you never steal from your parents when you are young.” Jessica answers grumpily with hush tone.

“Nah, I never do such thing. My parents strictly forbid me to do that.” Yuri says proudly. “They said I should’ve bully another student and take their money like a gangster should than steal from our parents like a coward.”   

Jessica’s eyes widens in shock and her jaw open. How could a parent teach that to their child?! Oh wait, Yul’s parents are gangster so no wonder they teach her like that. For a moment I forget that she is a gangster. “Right, I wonder why I bother to defend myself. Let’s be quiet for now.”

Not long, Taeyeon’s hand has been bandaged properly. Jessica kisses Taeyeon’s hand and whisper,” Taenggoo, please stop torturing yourself. We are here for you.” Yuri sees Jessica’s action and smiles sadly.

“No!! Please stop! It hurts! Please let me go! Sica! Yul! Where are you? Help me!! Help me!!” Taeyeon trash in her sleep and tears flow on her cheeks. “Sica! Yul! Help me! My face hurt! Aaaaa!!!”

Jessica and Yuri shock but they hold each of Taeyeon’s hand and shake her shoulder to wake her up. “Taenggoo! Taeyeonnie! Wake up!”

In Taeyeon’s dream..

Taeyeon opens her eyes but darkness surrounding her. She tries to moves her hands or leg but she can’t. Her legs and arms are bound on the chair just like when she got kidnapped. “No no no!! Not again! This isn’t real! This is only a dream! I have been freed!”

“Hahahaha!!! Are you sure this is only a dream?” A sinister voice of man says to her.

Taeyeon snaps her head in fear to the direction of the voice and finds the man that sliced her walking to her with same knife in his hand. “Yes! This is only dream!” Taeyeon shouts albeit shaking.

“Really? Then you won’t mind I ruin your face once again. I will make your face ugly so that people will be disgusted to you! People will avoid looking at you because you look like a monster! Hahahaha!! Looking at the fear in your eyes making me impatient.” The man then jab the knife to Taeyeon’s left forehead and slowly pull it down.

Taeyeon feels intense pain just like before so she shakes her arms and legs to release herself but her attempt is futile.

“No! Please stop! It hurts! Please let me go!” Taeyeon cries. Somebody please help me! “Sica! Yul! Where are you? Help me!! Help me!!”

“Hahaha!! Nobody will help you! Nobody care!” The man laughs maniacally and push the knife deeper to Taeyeon’s face.

“Sica! Yul! Help me! My face hurts! Aaaaa!!!” God, I can’t stand the pain anymore! Taeyeon close her eyes and tears flow even harder. Someone please wakes me from this nightmare!

Taeyeon feels warmth surrounding her and the man gradually disappears. She isn’t in a dark room and tied anymore. She hears two voices calling her name. Voices that brings her safety, warmth, and felt loved. She opens her eyes and finds two pair of beautiful eyes looking at her worriedly. Are they angels?

“Taenggoo!” ” Taeyeonnie” Jessica and Yuri call Taeyeon when they see Taeyeon opens her eyes. They wipe Taeyeon’s tears softly and smiles. “It’s alright, Taenggoo. It’s all only a nightmare. You are safe here. No one can hurt you here. We promise no one will hurt you anymore.” Jessica cooed then peck Taeyeon’s forehead.

“We are sorry we can’t safe you that time and let you felt this pain but we promise we won’t let anything bad happen ever again. We won’t leave your side no matter what. We won’t leave even if you kick us out.” Yuri says softly and kisses Taeyeon’s hand.

Taeyeon could feel her tears threaten to spill but she hold it back. She harshly retreat her hands from Jessica and Yuri’s grasp and sit on the bad. “No! It has happened! I have become ugly! Everyone will look at me like I’m a monster! Nobody wants me! You just say it because you feel responsible! You don’t want me! Nobody loves me!” finally her tears fall. She sank deeper on the bed, close her ears using her palm and close her eyes tight. She doesn’t want to see or hear anything anymore. She doesn’t want to exist in this world.

Jessica’s tears flow seeing Taeyeon’s pain. She grabs Taeyeon’s hand and forcefully put Taeyeon’s palm on her face. Her sudden moves makes Taeyeon startle so she looks at Jessica.

“That’s not true! Sulli loves you! Yoona loves you! Seohyun loves me! Yul loves you! I love you! Even if the world turns their back on you, I won’t! I love you! Even if you feel you have turned ugly, you look beautiful in my eyes. This scar..” Jessica traces Taeyeon’s scarred face softly, lovingly. “It looks beautiful. It shows how much you love Sulli that you prefer yourself getting hurt than her. It shows how great you are as a mother, how selfless and full of love you are. Seeing this, making me fall deeper for you.” Jessica leans forward and trails kisses along Taeyeon’s scar. “You are not disgusted. You are beautiful and I love you.” Jessica the hugs Taeyeon tightly.

Yuri crawls to Taeyeon’s back and engulf both Taeyeon and Jessica in a hug. She kisses Taeyeon’s shoulder, up to her neck then whispers,” Don’t hear what other people say, believe in us the people that love you. No matter how you look, we love you. I love you then, I love you now, I love you for as long as I breathing.”

All the tears because of pain and sadness that Taeyeon kept inside, erupted in instance. She is longed to hear this assurance, to feels this love like she used to. She cries for all her loneliness, insecurity, and shameful. She buries her face on Jessica’s shoulder and hugs her tighter to makes sure herself that this is real that she is still loved. As though Jessica and Yuri know how Taeyeon felt, They suffocate Taeyeon in their hug, hoping it will ease Taeyeon’s pain even for a little. That day three of them cry together and after a long time, they sleep together in each other arms.