Krystal

Choose Me, Taeyeon-ah

“Krystal Unnieeee!!” Sulli shouts while running to a figure that sits on the bench. Taeyeon watch her daughter happily hugs Krystal despites her dirty body and clothes. Her daughter’s smile grows wider when Krystal pats her head with affection. Hmm.. Her face is cold but her eyes shows how fond she is with Sulli and judging from her height and baby face, she is sixteen at most.

Taeyeon walks to Sulli and says,” Honey, don’t you want to introduce Umma to your kind and beautiful Unnie?”

Sulli nods her head and pulls Krystal to stands up and walk to Taeyeon. “Unnie, this is Sulli’s Umma. Umma, this is the kind Unnie!”

Taeyeon sees Krystal looks at her then looks down with redden cheeks when their eyes meet. Aww, Cute! Does she has crush on me? Krystal bows at her and says,” A-Annyonghaseo, my name is Krystal.” Taeyeon tip toed a little because Krystal is taller than her then pats her head. “Annyeong, Krystal. I’m Taeyeon, Sulli’s Umma. You can call me Umma or Taeyeon or anything you like.”

“U-Unnie, I will call you, Taeyeon Unnie.” Krystal says shyly.

“Okay, you can call me that.” Taeyeon turns to Sulli and says,” Honey, can you go play the swings now? Umma wants to speak with Krystal Unnie for a moment.”

“Adult topic, Umma?” Sulli asks with her big innocent eyes.

Taeyeon chuckles and pinch Sulli’s chubby cheek lightly. “Yes, honey. Be careful when playing, alright?”

“Eung, Umma.” Sulli skips to the swings and start playing.

“Come on, dear. Unnie has something to ask.” Taeyeon hold Krystal’s hand and walks to the bench. When they have settled down, Taeyeon looks at Krystal intently. “Krystal, forgive Unnie if this question is a bit personal but are you running away from your home, dear?” Taeyeon sees Krystal stuns by the question and moment later she start sobbing. Taeyeon feels guilty when she sees tears flow on Krystal’s cheeks. She pulls Krystal in to her embrace and pats her back. “Shhhh, don’t cry, dear. I’m sorry for asking this question. Everything is going to be alright.”

“No, nothing is alright ever since I awaken.” Krystal says sadly while sniffing. “I’m not running away from home, Unnie. I don’t know where home is. I don’t remember anything. I only know my name because there’s a bunny plush in my embrace when I woke up and ‘krystal’ embodied on its feet. I tried to ask help several times but all of them have ill intention to me the moment they know I lost my memory. Some of them even tried to sell me to a night club.”

Taeyeon sighs sadly for Krystal hard life. She cups Krystal’s face and wipes away her tears using her thumb. “Do you want to live with Unnie, Krystal? Unnie can help you to find your family or take you to the hospital to get a treatment. Unnie has enough money to enroll you to a school if you want to.”

“Why are you so kind to me? You don’t know me. I could be a bad person.” Krystal asks in doubt.

“Your eyes are kind, Krystal. You love my daughter, that I’m sure. If you can loves a stranger than you are a good person in my eyes. There are other reasons why I want you to stay with me. You are too young to feel that horrible experience and I have experience something as bad as you but fortunately I met good people that help me to stand on my feet again. I think it is my job to help you to repay people that help me. Another reason is I just know yesterday that my daughter got bullied and a loner here. I want to enroll her to another school but she refuse because if she go, she can’t meet you anymore. If you live with us, she won’t mind to change school. Last reason is for few months ahead I will be very busy because I’m going to manage my property. If you are stay with us, I won’t have to worry about Sulli feel lonely or neglected. I’m asking you to be Sulli’s big sister. Love her, protect her, play with her, pays attention to her. And I will be your mother and big sister. I promise you I will help you find your family. If ever one day you feel like I’m burdening you, you can leave us. If you afraid I have ill intention like other people, I can make a legal agreement and notarized the statement.”

Krystal shakes her head and gives her a smile. “No, Unnie. I trust you. I believe you won’t do anything bad to me. Thank you, Unnie.”

“Nah, I’m the one that should thank you. I’m happy to have a new family member.” Taeyeon smiles charmingly then laughs like an ahjumma when she sees Krystal’s awestruck expression. “Say, Kristal, are you crushing on me?”

Suddenly two figures appear from behind a bush and shouts,” No, you can’t! Taenggoo/Taeyeonnie is ours!” YulSic glare at Krystal.

Krystal return the glare and stands up,” Why can’t I? I have a great body and I’m pretty!”

“That’s true.” Taeyeon states with amusing smile on her face.

YulSic twitch their brow when they look at Krystal that smirks victoriously. “We have lots of money while you are just a little kid that knows nothing!” YulSica high five with each other and smile smugly.

“I am a kid. When you were my age, you know nothing too. I’m a hardworking girl! I can learn from Unnie and working hard. I’m sure I will be as rich as you are when I reach your age!”

“That also true.” Taeyeon says again.

“We are Taenggoo’s official lovers! We have kissed many times! There, you lose!” Yuri gives Jessica a pat on her back proudly for her ‘smart’ retaliation.

“I can be her lover too. I have plenty of time to make her fall for me. I live with her so I can spend more time with her, hug her, sleep together, eat together, play together, and by living together, I can act like her wife. I take care of the house and Sulli while she is working.” Krystal then cuddles in Taeyeon’s arm and merong at YulSic.

“Hmm.. If she put it like that, that also true.”

“Taenggoo/Taeyeonnie!!!” YulSic stomp their feet and hurriedly go to Taeyeon. Jessica sits on Taeyeon’s lap and circles her arm on Taeyeon’s neck while Yuri sits beside Taeyeon and takes Taeyeon’s hand to circle it on her shoulder. She put her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

O ow, the battle is about to begin. Sigh. Taeyeon says mentally.

True to her instinct, the battle starts when Yuri pinch Krystal’s hands that hug Taeyeon’s waist. “Ouch! Why did you do that?!” Krystal shouts. She leave Taeyeon’s waist and yank Jessica’s hands from Taeyeon’s neck. She pushes her, making her sit on Yuri’s lap. Krystal then continues her attack by push Yuri’s head from Taeyeon’s shoulder and pick Taeyeon bridal style. She stands up and hold Taeyeon’s closer to her body. She eyeing Jessica that sits on Yuri’s lap and says,” You two look together. Why don’t you be each other’s lover and let Unnie be mine? That’s a win-win situation.”

Jessica stands up and points her finger at Krystal. “You push me! And stop saying useless statement. I won’t let anyone else take Taenggoo from us!” Jessica glares icily at Krystal but Krystal won’t give up. She throws her own icy glare at Jessica.

“You know, you two are alike. From the aggressiveness to your glare. Maybe you are related somehow.” Taeyeon says after observing both of them.

“No!” Both of them shout at the same time. “There’s no way I’m related to a Taenggoo stealer!”

“There’s no way too I’m related to a childish adult like you! Taenggoo stealer? Yes! I am! I will steal Unnie from you two!” Krystal answers heatedly.

“Why you little?!” Jessica and Yuri move at the same time to take Taeyeon from Krystal’s hold. “Give back our lover!” “No!” Three of them fight fiercely and unconsciously losing their grip on Taeyeon. Taeyeon falls on her and screams,” Argh! My !”

Sulli hears her Umma screams in agony so she runs to her Umma’s aid. She looks up and meets with three guilt stricken gazes. She put one and one then realizes what happen. Sulli cry and hug her Umma. “Hiks.. Umma is hurt.” Sulli look at three of them and says,” Appas and Unnie are bad! Sulli doesn’t want to play with Appas and Unnie anymore!” Sulli rubs Taeyeon’s cheeks gently and peck her nose. “Umma, Umma’s is very hurt?”

Taeyeon is happy by Sulli’s love. She wipes Sulli’s tears and says,” Umma is alright, Sulli.”

“Really?” Sulli wants another insurance from her Umma.

“Yes, Sulli.” Taeyeon leans closer and whisper,” Sulli, pretends to be angry and makes Appas and Unnie holding hand.” Sulli’s eyes sparkle in understanding but quickly change her expression to an angry one. She stands up and grabs Krystal’s hand. She leads Krystal to stand in between Yuri and Jessica.

“Bow to Umma as an apology!” Sulli says sternly.

Three of them do it without hesitation. “I’m sorry, Taenggoo/Taeyeonnie/Unnie!”

Sulli stands in front of them and intertwines Krystal’s hands to Yuri and Jessica’s. she flick each of their forehead and says,” As a punishment for dropping Umma and hurt Umma’s precious , Appas and Unnie must holding hand all day and no cuddle with Umma for one week.”

“Apology accepted but still punished.” Taeyeon says. When she sees three of them want to protest, she raises her hand to silence them. “No protest or no cuddle for a month and keep holding hand for one week.” Taeyeon hold Sulli’s hand and together they skip happily to the car and swing their hand.

Jessica and Yuri sigh at their foolishness and tug Krystal’s hand to start walking. “Come on, Kiddo. We don’t want to make the Queen and princess wait. We also need to buy you clothes and other things that you need.”

Secretly Krystal looks at Jessica and Yuri’s hand that hold hers. She smiles happily inwardly because despite their fight, she can feel the gentleness of both of them in holding her hands. This is the first time that there are people holding my hands without feeling disgusted although I’m dirty. Thank you, Jessica and Yuri Unnie.

Sooyoung and Tiffany that look at the family secretly, shake their head. "Looks like we don't have to tell them about our findings." Tiffany hold Sooyoung's hand and says," Let's tell them about our decision tonight." Sooyoung pulls Tiffany in her embrace and replies,"Alright. Let's hope for the best."