Maids

Choose Me, Taeyeon-ah

Taeyeon narrows her eyes at four people in front of her that wearing masks to hide their faces, well actually three people and one little child. The three people look at their feet nervously, avoiding Taeyeon’s intense gaze. “Who are they, Yoong?” Taeyeon asks Yoona with both of her brows raise high. I should’ve known Yoong won’t follow my order.

“Ah, they are your maids, Unnie! I hired them especially for you!” Yoona answers as innocent as possible.

She dares to lie to me when the people in front of me are obviously Sica, Yul, Krystal, and Sulli?! Let’s see who’s smarter, me or you. “Maid, huh?” Taeyeon looks at Sulli and smiles sweetly. “Honey, Umma has ordered the maid to prepare your favorite ice cream in the dining room. Go now and eat it. Don’t forget to take your Krystal Unnie, okay?”

The little maid smiles toothily and grabs the hand of person besides her. “Ne, Umma! Unnie, let’s go! Ice creaaamm!!” the little maid dash to the dining room with Krystal on tow.

Taeyeon smirks when she sees all people left in the room fidgeting nervously. “So, Yoong. Let Unnie asks one more time. Who are these masked people? I thought I have ordered you to not let Sica and Yul see me in this kind of condition?” Taeyeon asks darkly at Yoona. “Or maybe you haven’t felt my wrath for a long time so you miss it?”   

Yoona gulped in fear and start sweating bullet. “I-I have followed your order U-Unnie! I send a letter to Sica Unnie and Yul Unnie that explained about your condition and order them to stop looking for y-you! They are really maids that I hired! I sent letter to them the same day I sent a letter to Sica and Yul Unnie! Regarding Krystal, you adopted her to your family. You can’t leave her alone, right? And I figured since you are injured, you will need private maids that focused only on you! They are n-not Sica Unie a-and Yul Unnie! T-they are Blondie and Kkab! Yes, that’s their n-name!” I’m sorry Sica Unnie, Yul Unnie! Yoona throws her apologetic eyes to them.

“Is it true, Hyunnie?” Taeyeon divert her attention to the uptight maknae that never lie.

Seohyun sighs but answers in her firm tone. “It is true that Yoona has sent the letter that contains your order, Unnie. It also true that Yoona sent a proposal to these people to be your maid, Unnie.”

Flashback to the morning after they arrived in their private island..

Seohyun enters the mansion after her morning jogging and shock when she sees Jessica, Yuri, and Krystal sit on the couch, in front of the grinning Yoona. “Oh my God! Im Yoona! Did you disobey Taeyeon Unnie’s order? Why are they here?”

“Hyunnie!” Yoona stands up happily and drags Seohyun to sit on the couch. “No, I did not disobey Taeyeon Unnie! I sent the letter and wrote Taeyeon Unnie’s order that asks Sica Unnie, Yul Unnie, and Krystal to not finding her!”

“Then why are they here?”

“Ah, they are maids that I hired to serve Taeyeon Unnie!”

“What?! Do you really think Taeyeon Unnie will buy your ridiculous story?”

Yoona hold Seohyun’s hand suddenly and shows her puppy eyes. “That’s why we are waiting for you, Hyunnie. Taeyeon Unnie will let this matter slide if you say something to her! You know she trust your decision, Hyunnie. Please help us! You know Taeyeon Unnie and Sulli won’t happy if they are separated from Sica Unnie, Yul Unnie, and Krystal. Even you said so!”

Seohyun rubs her temple, suddenly her head pounding. She is sure that her Unnie will knows them right after she lend her eyes on them. Am I willing to join this crazy group and risks being scolded by Unnie?

“Please, Hyunnie. Help your Unnie. Maybe Taenggoo can live without us but we can’t. We promise we will stick to the character and being dutiful maids for Taenggoo. We will serve her, take care of her like a maid should be. Just let us see Taenggoo everyday by helping us stay here.” Jessica pleads desperately and Krystal and Yuri nods their heads eagerly.

“Fine! I will say few words on behalf of you three but if Taeyeon Unnie still insisted to send you out, I won’t defend you and if you are succeed in staying here, you’re on your own. I will not help you even for a little bit. Yoona has to promise too that she won’t help you either.”

“Yes, we promise, Hyunnie! Your words are enough! We promise to be the best maid!” Yuri said determinedly. Sigh. I have a feeling I will regret my decision.

Back to present..

“Yoona is only want the best for you, Unnie. You know her, she won’t do anything without thinking carefully.” Please play along, Unnie.

Taeyeon understood Seohyun’s mental message so she shakes her head and small smile appears. I will trust you, Hyunnie. I’m sure Yoong has a purpose on doing this. “Fine if you say so, Hyunnie. I will let these maids stay.” Taeyeon hears all of them sigh in relief so she smirks mischievously. “It is a relief that these maids are not Sica or Yul because if they are here without my permission, I will hit them, pull their ears until it red, pinch their belly, and asks them to roll on the mud that has doggy poops in it.”

Jessica and Yuri standing stiffly again and then laugh awkwardly. “Hahaha.. It is a relief that we are not the people that you say, Ms. Kim.”

A relief, huh? Let’s see how strong your will are, Sica, Yul. “Uh huh, a very big relief.” Taeyeon turns to Yoona and Seohyun then smiles,” Now, please leave three of us. I have something to discuss with them.”

“Alright, bye Unnie.” Seohyun bows and quickly drags Yoona outside the lioness bedroom.

“Now, let me get this straight.” Taeyeon says right after her bedroom closed. “I know who you two are and I am very displeased to see you two. You two are the reason we got kidnapped and my face ruined. Everytime I see you two, the pained of my face being slit is flows back. I advice you to leave now and start a new life. Find another lover or whatever. But if you stupid enough to keep stay here, you should know I will not treat you better than another maid here. You will wear the maid uniform, eat with them, help their job, and getting paid just like a normal maid. You will not touch me or go near me unless I told you to. Do you understand?” Taeyeon asks monotonously.

Yuri and Jessica feel their heart crushed by Taeyeon’s words but they know Taeyeon did it on purpose. She wants them to find another person that doesn’t have scar on their face. They know Taeyeon won’t make their job easy from now on. “We understand, Taey- Ms. Kim.” Yuri says professionally.

Taeyeon’s heart broke too seeing a flash of hurt on her lovers’ eyes but she need to do this. She heard the doctor said that her scar will not able to disappear. She knows her face is ugly now. She can’t be selfish and let Yuri and Jessica bear shame to have ugly lover like her. I’m sorry, Sica, Yul, but I have to do this. “Good then, now please leave. I need my rest.” Taeyeon order coldly. Jessica and Yuri bow at Taeyeon and walk to the door. “Oh by the way, take off the mask starting tomorrow. I know your face anyway.” At least let me see your face every day, Sica, Yul. Before you get tired and decide to leave me..

Yes, Miss Kim. And for your information, miss. Jessica and Yuri love you for who you are not for how you look. They love you sincerely and won’t give up until you realize it and accept them back. Good night, Miss Kim.” Jessica says sadly and closes the door.

Taeyeon’s tears flow when she hears that. She looks at the closed door longingly and whisper,” I know, Sica. I love you two too but I can’t help but feeling undeserved for you. One day you will let me go and thanking me for do this. I have to let you go even if I have to break my heart.”

Outside the room, Jessica and Yuri hug each other as support. “Sooner or later Taeyeonnie will stop pushing us away, Jessica. We are more stubborn than her. We will do any way possible to make her ours again, okay? Let’s be strong.”

“I know. It’s just, my heart pained not only from Taenggoo’s words but also her condition. Seeing her body covered in bandage makes my eyes teary. But you are right. We will do any way possible. Either the normal way or the abnormal way, including a ert one. Hahahaha… Just you wait, Taenggoo!”

 Yuri and Jessica smirks ertedly to each other and walk to their respectively room. They can’t wait to win back their lover’s love.