Daughter Complex

Choose Me, Taeyeon-ah

Two weeks has passed since their adventure with Yoona. Yoona and Seohyun decided to buy the apartment besides Taeyeon’s instead of living together. Right now Taeyeon, Jessica, Yuri, and Sulli sit together on the couch, watching a cartoon that Sulli likes.

Sulli peeks at Taeyeon carefully then looks down and playing with her fingers, contemplating whether she should ask what’s on her mind or not. She puffs her cheeks, frowns cutely and then exhales loudly. She nods firmly after making up her mind and turns around to face her Umma. She cups Taeyeon’s face using her small hands and says,”U-umma! Sulli likes Krystal Unnie!” Sulli remove her hands from Taeyeon’s face and hold her pinkish cheeks instead. She smiles shyly at Taeyeon and waiting for her Umma’s reaction.

Taeyeon giggles happily at her daughter. “Aww, our Sulli is having a crush! Who is he? Is she Sulli’s friend at school? Is she pretty?”

No! Our baby can only love me! Jessica and Yuri scream inside their head and turns to Sulli’s direction. Their eyes burning with jealousy.

Sulli smiles widely with twinkle in her eyes at her Umma’s positive reaction. “Yesh! Krystal Unnie is really pretty although she is dirty. She is not Sulli’s friend at school because she is kind.”

“Is Sulli’s friend being mean to Sulli? Where did Sulli meet Krystal Unnie?” Taeyeon asks cheerfully to mask her anxiousness. My daughter is being bullied?

Sulli nods her head eagerly at Taeyeon’s question. “Yesh, Umma. They are mean students. They don’t want to talk to Sulli because Sulli shouts at them. But, Sulli is not wrong, Umma. Sulli shouted because they say bad things about Umma! Sulli doesn’t like to hear that and they are wrong! Because Sulli doesn’t have friend, Sulli goes to a park every lunch time. One day, when Sulli wants to eat, three people that talk bad about Umma come and want to take Sulli’s food. That’s when Krystal Unnie helps me.”

TaeSicYul rage mentally although they smile on the outside. They dare to bully our Sulli?! “Does Sulli want to transfer to another school? Umma is sure that Sulli will make new friends there. They won’t talk bad about Umma too.”

Sulli shakes her head quickly and her eyes teary. “No no no, Umma. If Sulli moves, Sulli can’t see Krystal Unnie anymore! Sulli doesn’t care whether Sulli being alone or bullied as long as Sulli can meet Krystal Unnie.”

Taeyeon hurriedly hugs Sulli tight and her back. “Alright alright, don’t cry, baby. Umma won’t make Sulli leave Krystal Unnie but can Umma meet this Unnie of yours tomorrow? Umma want to see whether she is as beautiful as Sulli says.”

Sulli shows her toothy smile and yawn cutely. “Tomorrow when Umma pick Sulli up, we go meet Krystal Unnie. Sulli is sleepy, Umma. Bed, please.” Sulli peck Taeyeon’s lips, crawls to Jessica with her half closed eyes and peck her cheek. “Good night, Appa.” Sulli crawls to Yuri and do the same thing then crawl back to Taeyeon’s lap. She closes her eyes, curled into a ball and snuggles deeper in Taeyeon’s embrace.

 “You two should go home too, honey. I want to sleep too.” Taeyeon says while standing with a sleeping Sulli. YulSic nod and stand up. Taeyeon kiss both of them and walk to Sulli’s bedroom. Before enter the room, she turns to her lovers. “I know what you are going to do but please don’t do anything harsh unless I told you to.” Taeyeon smiles at her stunned lovers and walk in the room.

“Wow, she has a great instinct. I’ll just check their background first then. When Taenggoo gives us a green light, I’ll make sure Sulli get her revenge.” Jessica says.

Yuri nods and says,” Don’t forget that Krystal girl. Sulli is too young to be married! I can’t let our cute daughter marry a stranger! I don’t even know whether I’m going to marry Sulli to another people or not. I mean, we can give all the things that lover will give to her. We can give her love and money as much as she needs. Sulli’s love is only for the family! Am I right, Jessica?”

“I’m one hundred percent agree! I will check her background too. Let’s meet at the café tomorrow to discuss our findings.” Yuri and Jessica shake their hands like a professional then leave. Jessica closes the door and make sure that the door has locked.

Taeyeon that eavesdrop the conversation shakes her head and look at Sulli pitifully. “Who says anything about marriage? Your Appas have a severe daughter complex. It will be hard for you when the day of your real wedding come. A big mess will occur. Oh wait..” Taeyeon remembers something then smile. “No, nothing bad will happen because your Appas are whipped to you. I’m so proud of you, Sulli. Hehhe…” Taeyeon looks at Sulli proudly and peck her chubby cheek as a reward.

------------------------

“Yes, I understand your reason of wanting me to investigate the children that bullied Sulli but why must I do a background checking for Krystal? She didn’t do anything wrong! What Big Sin that she did? Sulli likes her? Aww, so cute! What do you mean that’s a crime? You have lost your mind, Jessi! Yah! Stop your aegyo! Fine, I will do it! Bye!” Tiffany put her handphone down not so gently on the table and grumbles,” Stupid Jessi for being overprotective parents! I bet all my money that TaeTae isn’t overreacted like her!”

“Well, you won the bet, Officer Hwang.” Someone says to her.

Tiffany lifts her head and meets with Sooyoung that giggles at her. Tiffany smile sheepishly and hide her red face. “Call me, Fany. We have known for quite sometimes and it is awkward to call each other using our sure name.”

“Alright then, Fany. Call me Sooyoung or Youngie. Can I sit here with you?” Sooyoung asks.

“Of course! I’ll be happy to have companion, Youngie.” Tiffany gives Sooyoung her infamous eye smile.

Sooyoung sits and return Tiffany’s smile with her own charming smile. “You have been more beautiful, Fany. Where is your boyfriend? Why are you here alone?”

“T-thank you, Youngie. You look more charming these days. I don’t have a boyfriend because I prefer woman. How about you, youngie? Where’s your lover?” Tiffany asks shyly.

“I don’t have one right now. There’s a woman that I like but I’m not sure she will like me back, you know considering I’m a gangster and all. She has a good reputation and job. Being with me will ruin her life.” Sooyoung answers while looking at Tiffany intently.

Tiffany’s heart drops when she hears this. Ah, she likes someone already. I guess I’m too late. “I think you should tell her how you feel. Judging from your words just now, I think you are not only like her, you care for her. As long as you are willing to stop being a gangster and start a new job, I’m sure she will be more than happy to accept you.” Tiffany gives Sooyoung an encouraging smile. “I’m curious with your crush, what kind of woman she is that could charm your heart. Do you mind to describe her?”

“No, I don’t mind.” Sooyoung answers, still looking at Tiffany. “She is a very beautiful woman. She has a white milky skin, great body, very kind, very loyal to her friend, and her smile gives me warmth that I haven’t felt for so long.”

“Sounds like a perfect person.” And I guess it’s impossible for me to beat her.

“That’s not all though. Do you want to hear more? Sooyoung asks.

“Sure.”

“She has a beautiful eye smile, she is a police officer that working with her bestfriend, Jessica Jung. And she is sitting right in front of me, right now.” Tiffany stuns at Sooyoung’s unexpected answer. Is she describing me?

Sooyoung smiles shyly and grabs Tiffany’s hand. “Fany-ah, I like you and I promise I will start a new life as a good person. Can you give me a chance to court you? I have never met someone that could make me feel like this before. So, what is your answer, Fany?”