Turning Point

Choose Me, Taeyeon-ah

Taeyeon looks at the darken sky as the sun sets. Her face shows no expression and her gaze as cold as ice. A knock brings her back from her deep thought. She turns to the intruder and stares at him.

“Everything is set, Boss.” Taeyeon nods slightly at the information and her subordinate takes it as the signal to excuses himself. He bows respectfully and leaves the room without a word. Taeyeon turns back to the now pitch black view and for once her gaze waver. Sad and hurt shown on her eyes. She closes her eyes and releases a shaky breath. Finally tonight Umma will revenge your death, Sulli-ah. I’m sorry Sica but I have no choice. Taeyeon clench her fist tightly and open her eyes that now have a very determined and cold stare. Let’s end this, Mr. Jung.

 

Flashback five years ago..

Taeyeon and family decided to go out and have some fun after Taeyeon finally recover from her depression. After much argument between Yuri and Jessica that ends with Taeyeon knock their head, Taeyeon decided to enjoy the nature by going to the jungle that famous with the outbound games. On their way to the destination, Jessica’s parents unexpectedly decided to join them. So here they are the big family looking all happy, unaware of the heartbreak incident that about to happen.

“Umma! Umma! I want to play that game! I want to fly too!” Sulli says excitedly, tugging at Taeyeon’s hand.

Taeyeon chuckles happily looking at her child’s happiness. “Alright, Energy ball! Let’s play that game!”

Taeyeon leads a very excited Sulli to the flying fox booth and buy the ticket for both of them then walk to the ground where the game starts.

“I’m sorry ma’am but all first timer have to fly with an instructor.” The staff said when Taeyeon wants to fly with Sulli.

“Oh, is that right?” Taeyeon asks, uneasy feeling creeps in her heart. “But I’m not feels comfortable with leaving my baby girl to stranger.”

Sulli pouts sadly when she hears this. “Umma~! Sulli really wants to play this! Don’t worry! Sulli is already big! Please Umma!” Sulli pleads cutely, showing Taeyeon her big round eyes that get teary as time goes.

Taeyeon sighs and relented at Sulli’s request, ignoring her guts that telling her that bad thing is about to happen. “Fine, you can go. No one can deny your request when you use that eyes.”

“Yeah!!” Sulli jumping around happily and throws herself at Taeyeon. “I love you, Umma! You are the best!”

Taeyeon smiles brightly and return the hug tightly. She kisses Sulli’s forehead and says,” I love you too, Honey. Be careful, okay?”

“Eung!” Sulli nods her head and runs to a man that already wear the flying equipment. Sulli squeals and waving brightly at Taeyeon when she is already flies high. “Umma!!”

Taeyeon, Jessica, and Yuri return the wave and smile proudly at their baby girl.

“What a bright and smart daughter you have there.” Mrs. Jung praises Sulli. Taeyeon’s heart swells with pride when she hears this and agreed to Mrs. Jung’s compliment.

“Yes, she is. She is my most precious treasure. She keeps me alive and happy through my difficulties.” She is thanking God for giving her such a good daughter and a fun day today. That is until the staff tells her something that making her uneasy feeling creeping back.

“Ms. Kim, our staff is ready, your daughter can start now.”

Taeyeon knits her brows confusedly and says,” Huh? But she is already flying with one of your staff. Look, she is up there.” Taeyeon points at her laughing daughter that flies higher and higher.

“Hmm? But that’s impossible, Ma’am. All of our staff is busy and they would never fly that high.”

“What?!” Taeyeon screams. Just then her handphone rings and a private number appear as the id. Taeyeon looks at Yuri and Jessica for opinion. Jessica nods her head as a signal to accept the call. “Hello?”

“Good afternoon, Ms. Kim. I’m sure by now you known that your daughter is on our hand.” A raspy voice tells her.

Taeyeon tensed and start screaming to the phone. “Who is this?! What do you want with my daughter?!”

“I don’t want anything with her. Just take this as my good deed to show you what kind of person your future in law is. Put this call on the loud speaker now if you want your daughter to save.”

Future in law? Mr. and Mrs. Jung? Taeyeon looks at Jessica’s parents and press the loud speaker button. “Speak now! Tell us what do you want!”

“Good day, Mr. Jung. Do you want to save your future granddaughter?”

“Who is this and what is it that you want?” Mr. Jung speaks sternly.

“Hahahaha!!! Wow, as expected from a Jung. Never shows their weakness! What I want? Simple! Just confessed all your crime! Confessed to the public how many people that you killed, how many people that you throw to the street penniless just to make you richer! And give back all their money! This conversation is being recorded so after you do it, I will let that little cutie down unharmed!”

All of them look at Mr. Jung with surprised expression. “That’s not true, right daddy?” Jessica asks. “Yeobo, what is he talking about? He lied, right?” “F-Father?”

“My.. My! What a surprise! You didn’t tell your family about your dirty work? Oh well, better late than never, right? So what is your decision, all mighty Mr. Jung?”

Mr. Jung looks at all of them expressionlessly and says,” Why would I relented to your request? Your accusation is outrageous! I never did those things! If you are so sure then bring this matter to the court and let the state punish me!”

“I know you are a heartless person, Mr. Jung but I don’t know you are this severe. Prove? Hear this.” Sounds of recorder being played then Mr. Jung’s recorded voice heard.

“Take care all the people that don’t want to leave the reconstruction site. If they reject the money, silence them.” Jessica, Krystal, and Mrs. Jung gasps in shock and look at Mr. Jung.

“So, what is your decision, Mr. Jung?”

“Mr. Jung, Please do what he says. I only have her. Please don’t let they harmed her!” Taeyeon begs.

“Three seconds, Mr. Jung! Three..”

Taeyeon looks at Mr. Jung desperately then at the laughing Sulli. “Please help my daughter, Mr. Jung.” Taeyeon turns to Jessica with teary eyes and says,” Sica, help Sulli! Help her!”

“Two..”

Taeyeon kneels then hugs Mr. Jung’s leg. “Mr. Jung! Please! Not my daughter! Not her! I can’t live without her!” Taeyeon cries heavily.

“Daddy!”

“One. Your decision?”

All eyes on Mr. Jung and hoping he will do the right thing. “I won’t let this stupid phone call ruined my life! Why would I confess to this nonsense!”

“Fine. Say goodbye to your daughter, Ms. Kim.”

Taeyeon shakes her head frantically and looks up. “No! no no no!!! Don’t do this to me!” Taeyeon sees the fake instructor takes off Sulli’s safety then smirks at Taeyeon. Sulli confused for a second because she feels that her strap is loosens but catch a sight of her Umma so she gives her Umma her best smile, forgotten about the strap. “Umma! Saranghae!” Sulli shouts.

Taeyeon runs to Sulli’s direction with tears flowing on her cheeks. “No please no!!”

Sulli’s smile flatters and change in to a frighten one when the man release his hold on her. She falls from the sky and hit the ground in seconds. Taeyeon sees her daughter dead in front of her, she hears her daughter asking her for help, Taeyeon remembers how her world crash instantly, and she remembers how cold Mr. Jung reject the request just to protect his wealth even though it will cost her daughter’s life.