Gang Leader and The Victim

Choose Me, Taeyeon-ah

A man stirs and shakes his head to chase away the dizziness. When his sight is cleared, he looks around and finds that he is tied on a chair in a warehouse. Where am I? He thinks thoroughly and widened his eyes when realization hit him. Great! I was capture by Kwon’s subordinates! I’m doom! I have to escape from here or I will die! He looks around frantically to finds a way out but unfortunately there isn’t any. He is sweating bucket and his heartbeat rise rapidly when he saw the door being opens.

Kwon Yuri the leader of her gang and her subordinates, enter the warehouse where a man that ran out with her drugs captured. She stands in front of him and looks at him with cold eyes then sit on a chair that her subordinate put for her. “Kim Hae Kyung. Finally this day come. Judging from your expression, I’m sure you know why you are ‘invited’ here.” Yuri says flatly and snaps her finger as a signal for asking her baseball bat. She stands up when she held the bat and taps his knee cap softly using the bat. “I want my stuff.”

Hae Kyung shivers and gulps his saliva. “I-I’m sorry, Ms. Kwon. I don’t have it.” Yuri raises her brows and hums. “Is that right?” Yuri snaps her fingers once again and one of her subordinate covers his mouth tightly. Right after that Yuri raises her bat and smashes his right knee cap with the bat, effectively break it. Hae Kyung’s cries muffled by Yuri’s subordinate but his tears and hurt expression shows how much pain he had.

“I want a straight answer. You better give me the answer that I want or your head skull will be next.” Yuri says flatly. She looks at Hae Kyung in the eyes and asks once again. “Where is it?” Yuri’s subordinate uncover his mouth so he can answers.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Kwon! I sold all of it and used the money to party! I don’t have the money now but I can find all of it tomorrow! Please don’t kill me! I will give back the things that I stole!” Hae Kyung says quickly while pleading for his life.

Her subordinate knows that he has given wrong answer and he is done for so he covers his mouth once again. “I have thought you will say it and unfortunately it is a wrong answer.” Yuri breaks his left knee cap then says,” I hate someone that takes something that doesn’t belong to himself.” Yuri swings her bat again to his right arm. “You stole drugs that worth one trillion won yet you promise to give me back my money by tomorrow? Rat like you? You can’t even make one thousand won without my help. Do you seriously think you can fool me?” Yuri raises her bat, getting ready to smash his other hand but stops when her phone rings. A familiar ringtone that she sets only for her. Yuri tosses her baseball bat to her other subordinate and answers her phone.

“Hello?” Yuri answers gently. “Yul!” a bright woman’s voice calls her name. “Yes, Taeyeonnie? What’s wrong? Shouldn’t you pick Sulli from playgroup right now?” Yuri smile slightly when she hears Taeyeon’s giggle. “I have picked Sulli up! I called because me and Sulli wants to go to the ice cream parlor right now and hoping you can come with us! Are you busy right now?”

Yuri looks at Hae Kyung coldly but answers Taeyeon gently,” No, I’m just about to finish my task. I will join you two later. Usual place, right?” “Really?! Yeah, usual place! Sulli, Yul auntie can come! Yehey! Alright then, see you soon! Bye Yul!” Taeyeon answers brightly. When the call ended, Yuri’s expression and aura turns back to a cold one. “Sooyoung!” Yuri calls for her right hand. A tall and slender woman walks to Yuri and stops in front of her quietly. “He has no use to me anymore. Make sure you break every bone that he has but don’t kill him. Drop his body in front of the dealers that sold the stolen drugs and tell them that they have three days to give me the money or drugs that they stole or they will get an ‘invitation’ from us. Do it fast and clean.” After Sooyoung nods her head, Yuri turns around and walks to her car with all her subordinate bow at her.

Sooyoung straightened her back when she hears Yuri sped off. She turns to the gang members and looks at them intently. “You and You!” Sooyoung points at two men at the front. “You heard what our leader has said. Do it fast and clean.” The two chosen men hold their baseball bat and stands in front of Hae Kyung. They look at him disgustingly and says,” No one messes with our leader.” Then they start to beat him to a pulp. Sounds of bone breaking and muffled cries fill the warehouse.

Yuri drives to the ice cream parlor where Taeyeon and Sulli are with a smile on her face. She doesn’t know why but Taeyeon has touched her soft spot from the first time they met each other.

 

Two Years Ago..

Yuri has finished meeting with the dealers that will sell her drug and in the midst of getting in the car when she heard sounds of someone asking for help. She turns her head to the alley and pondering whether she should help that someone or not. Criminalities always happen there and Yuri never bothered to help the victim but somehow the voice that she heard today, trigger her curiousity. She sighed and walks to the alley to take a look with her subordinates trailed behind her.

Yuri step in the alley and saw three men surrounded a woman that tried to protect a kid. From the look of the men’s eyes, they are more than ready to abuse the poor woman. Yuri wants to leave the scene but stopped when the woman looked at her in the eyes with her big brown eyes and asking for help silently. Yuri’s heart skipped a beat and she knew right then and there, she has fallen in love with the stranger. Yuri snapped back to reality when she saw the three men start their assault. They easily separated the woman from the child. One man held the child while two of them start stripping the woman brutally. Yuri gritted her teeth and charge at the two men.

Yuri pulled the back collar of both of the men roughly, making them fall on their . Yuri looked at them coldly and said to her subordinates,” Finish them and bring the child to the woman safely.” All the subordinates charge when they heard Yuri’s order while Sooyoung go to the man that held the child. She safe the child easily and throw him to her subordinates.

After Yuri finished her order, she turns to Taeyeon and took off her coat when she saw Taeyeon’s half condition. She crouched in front of Taeyeon and covered her with it. She saw Taeyeon shivered in fear but she still tried to smile and said her gratefulness with her shaky voice. Yuri smile and asked,” Are you alright? Why are you wondering in the alley in the middle of night? It is dangerous.”

Yuri saw Taeyeon’s expression became sad and her eyes teary but she tried to hold it back. Taeyeon didn’t answer her question and looked behind her instead. Yuri knew that Taeyeon looked for the child so she signaled Sooyoung to give the child to Taeyeon. When Taeyeon received the child, she peppering kisses all over the child and muttered her apology for making her afraid. Yuri kept silent all the while Taeyeon soothing the frightened child. Yuri stood up when she saw Taeyeon stood up while holding the child. She saw Taeyeon bowed at her and said softly,” Thank you for saving me and my child. I don’t know what will happen if you weren’t there.” Yuri frowned when she saw Taeyeon took off the coat and gave it back to Yuri. “I’m sorry for making your coat dirty. I want to wash it clean first before returned it but unfortunately I don’t have money nor home so, I will pray for your safety and health. I’m sorry for disturbing you and thank you again.”

Yuri accepted the coat and frowned while watching Taeyeon’s retreating back. Where will she sleep tonight? Have they eaten? What would they do if someone tried to harm them again? Yuri sighed once again and said loudly,” You can stay in my place and work at my club.” Yuri heard her subordinates whispering to each other for their leader’s weird behavior. Kwon Yuri never helped other people unless it brings benefit for her but today not only she saved other people without payback, she even offering stranger to live with her. Yuri wanted to glare at the subordinates as a warning to keep their mouth shut but Sooyoung beat her to it. She thanked Sooyoung for it and looked back at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon looked at the kind woman with wide eyes. Can I really accept the offer? But I don’t know her. What if she is just pretending to be kind and abuse me and my baby girl later? I can’t risk my daughter safety. But she won’t help me if she is a bad person, moreover, my daughter needs proper place to stay and proper meal to stay healthy.

“I won’t harm you.” Yuri said to assure Taeyeon.

“But, why are you willing to help me? You get nothing in return of saving me and my daughter.” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“I get something. I get you working for me, aren’t I? Beauty is one of characteristic that a waitress has to have and you are an extreme beauty. I’m sure more customers will come to my bar if you work for me. I’m not doing it for free.” And I get to see you every day.

Taeyeon thinks for a while and nodded her head hesistantly. “Okay, I will work for you. But, can’t I stay in the club instead? I don’t want to burden you even more.”

Yuri shaked her head and grab Taeyeon’s hand. She pulled her so they can start walking. “No, you can’t let a growing child live in a club. Don’t worry, I will cut your expense from your paycheck if that can make you feel more comfortable. Is that alright?” Yuri turned to Taeyeon, waiting for her answer. When Taeyeon nodded her head, Yuri smile and ushered Taeyeon inside the car.

Taeyeon sit in the car quietly with her sleeping child on her lap. She peeked at her savior and said,” I’m sorry I haven’t introduced myself. My name is Taeyeon and this is Sulli, my child. May I know your name and your Job? Because you have so many people surrounding you like you are a very important person.”

Yuri smile softly and said,” I’m Kwon Yuri and I owned a club and selling stuffs. I’m successful businesswoman that’s why I have so many people surrounding me. They are hired to protect me.”

Since then, two years have passed and they are getting more and more comfortable around each other while Yuri fallen deeper and deeper in love with Taeyeon.