2

Worlds Collide: The Aftermath

 

“Right, hi!” Yejin was the first one to react as she shook the other lady’s hand. Jungah smiled.

“It’s been such a long time, Dahae.” Jungah nodded as she smiled at her.

“Yes, I didn’t expect we’d meet again.” Dahae nodded back.

“But, how..?” Jungah trailed off.

“Well, my father told your grandfather about my plan to settle down here.”

“So you’re living here now?” Jungah asked.

“Yes, I plan to help my uncle with the business here.”

“That’s good then, we have a lot of catching up to do.” Yejin nodded. Lay smiled and he took her hand.

 

“We have a guest.” Jungah said as she walked in the living room, Kris was at the garden, taking a call.

“Ge, it’s Dahae, do you remember?” Lay said to his cousin, Jungah looked around and walked towards the patio doors.

“Kris?” She said as she walked to him, Kris turned to her, he rolled his eyes as he gestured to his phone.

She smiled and pressed her forehead on his chest as he continued talking. Kris placed one hand on her waist.

“Did someone arrive?” He asked, finally ending the call.

“Yes, a friend from China. She’s here to stay.” She nodded.

“I have a feeling about this.”

“What are you saying?”

“You’re being to affectionate.” Kris mused.

“I just want to eat, and it’s taking too long you know. I don’t know why the kitchen hasn’t~”

Kris chuckled.

“Which reminds me, you’re not allowed in the kitchen at home.” She eyed him pointedly.

“Yes, Mrs. Wu.” Kris smiled and planted his lips on hers briefly.

“Come on, you have to meet her. We used to play together as kids.”

 

“Jungie!” Chanyeol grinned as they stepped in. Kris gave him a nod.

“Yo oppa.” Jungah smiled.

“Kris, this is Nam Dahae.” Luhan said.

Kris looked up, then he paused.

Nam Dahae.

Dahae looked up then their eyes met.

“How’s everything, oppa? It’s been a while since I called Yongguk.” Jungah said.

“Hi nice to meet you, you must be Jungah’s husband.” Dahae smiled at him stiffly.

“..Yes, same here.” Kris nodded back, then he walked to Jungah and Chanyeol.

Luhan blinked at his brother-in-law’s odd behavior, but then he shrugged it off.

Kris was never a people person.

 

Dahae tensed as Kris walked towards Jungah again.

She could not believe it.

Fate must be punishing her.

Jungah was married to Kris.

She shook her head subtly as she walked towards Yejin and Yixing.

Maybe it wasn’t a punishment after all.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++