9

Worlds Collide: The Aftermath

Jungah eyed the pearls warily, her grandfather had dragged her to a famous market in China where merchants sold different types of pearls.

She was still trying to look for the connection to their hotel business to the pearls when Agung turned to her.

“I should at least get you something mei, the only thing I gave you on your wedding was your~”

“Agung, you don’t have to.” She said.

“No, ever since your parents left you, I promised to myself that I would take good care of you, now let me not break my promise.” The old man smiled at her.

“Jewelry isn’t exactly my kind of thing, agung.”

The elder man smiled.

“I know, just like your grandmother and mother, but it’s a part of tradition, mei. Come now.”

 

Kris pinched the bridge of his nose slightly and he set his pen down.

It has been three days since Jungah’s departure for China and he felt restless. It was not because he was being clingy and he needed to Jungah to be with him every minute, but it was because of Dahae. He didn’t like the way their last conversation ended. He needed Jungah to keep him calm and let him settle his thoughts.

He leaned back and flexed his neck.

Then his phone started to ring.

“Wu Yifan.” Jungah groaned from the other line, Kris smiled.

“How’s work?”

“I think I forgot how to read Mandarin.”

“Hmm, but you can still speak.” He replied.

“That’s not the point, anyway, I tried calling Lulu but he wouldn’t pick up.”

“Maybe he’s busy, you sound tired.” Kris said.

“A little, I had to attend meetings today with Agung. Don’t forget to eat dinner.” She reminded.

“How about no.” Kris teased.

“Then go and starve yourself.”

“I’ll call you later, babe. I love you.

“That was greasy.” Jungah chuckled before ending the call.

 

Jinhee laughed as Lay kicked Luhan out of the kitchen, they were inside the Xi residence with Yejin, Kris and Dahae.

“Never trust Luhan ge with a knife.” Yejin commented as she watched the two cousins.

Dahae smiled.

“And Kris is off limits to the kitchen.” Jinhee grinned at her brother-in-law.

Kris smiled.

“You still cant cook?” Dahae turned to him, Kris blinked.

“What did you say, Dahae?” Yejin turned to her, not hearing what she said clearly.

Kris looked away from the girl.

“Uhmm. It was nothing, I should help Yixing and Luhan there.” Dahae smiled as she stood up.

Yejin’s brows furrowed as she watched the girl walk away.

How did she know that Kris couldn’t cook?

 

 

Dahae glanced up as she noticed Kris stepped out of the patio doors. She grabbed her glass and followed him.

Kris glanced at her as she joined him.

“I must have…shocked you, I’m sorry.” She said.

“…What do you want, Dahae?”

“Nothing, just…I just want to be your friend again.”

Kris shook his head.

“But, I didn’t lie back there Kris. I tried to forget you as soon as you left me.”

“I didn’t leave you, I broke up with you, Dahae.” Kris stated.

“I know, but Kris…the feelings I had for you back then are still the same now.”

Kris looked at her.

“What are you trying to do? I’m married, Dahae.”

“You think I don’t know? I heard about everything.”

“..What do you mean?”

Dahae crossed her arms.

“People are talking about you and Jungah. She’s not worthy of you Kris, you shouldn’t have married her. She doesn’t know anything.”

Kris shook his head.

“She’s my wife, don’t~”

“And I know you just got forced in marrying her.” Dahae stated.

“I asked her to marry me, Dahae.” Kris said flatly.

“That doesn’t change what people say, she can never be the right woman for you, Kris. She doesn’t know anything about your business world!”

“Just get out, Dahae!” Kris snapped.

Dahae’s tears started to spill on her cheeks then she ran towards the gate.

Kris ran his fingers through his hair as he glanced back at the house then at Dahae.

Surely, they would look for her.

 

He ran after Dahae.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

dont you guys just love it when things get messier??

 

haaha