12

Worlds Collide: The Aftermath

 

“I was fine with lunch at the hotel you know.” Jungah started as she sat on the couch. Kris smiled at her and wrapped her arms around her waist.

“Don’t get all cuddly with me, tower.”

Kris chuckled.

“Do you really need to leave?” He asked lowly.

“I need to get back.” She nodded, Kris didn’t reply but deep inside, he didn’t want to her to go. Jungah made him feel more secure and calm. But he couldn’t stop her.

“Jungah, about Da~”

Jungah smiled and faced him.

“Can you bring me to the airport before dinner?”

He nodded.

“Good, I want to sleep first.” She replied then she slowly leaned down on his chest and started to close her eyes.

 

“Kris just felt how Jungah feels when scandals come running at her.” Luhan chuckled.

Yejin eyed him warily.

“Ya, you used to be playmates, how could you think this way?” Jinhee nudged her. Even Lay looked at his wife questioningly.

“Just like Chanyeol.” Luhan chuckled.

Yejin chose to remain quiet and took out her phone.

“Uhm, ge, do you have…Himchan’s or…Daehyun’s number?”

 

Kris eyed Jungah’s bag warily.

Jungah chuckled and playfully wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I’ll be back this weekend, I promise.” She smiled.

Kris smiled and planted his lips on hers briefly.

“I’ll keep that in mind, stay safe, Feilin.”

She nodded as she let go and grabbed her bag. Kris smiled at her reassuringly before she turned towards the doors.

He sighed as soon as Jungah disappeared behind the doors.

It was just going to be a few days, he’ll survive. He just needed to stay away from Dahae.

 

Jungah grinned as she talked with her brother over the phone; she was inside her temporary office.

“But ge, I don’t get this, I can’t read characters anymore.” She whined again. It was Luhan’s turn to grin from the other line.

“You’ll be fine, mei.”

“I need a translator.” She frowned.

“Mei, you’re doing fine, and by the way, Unicef’s office sent you something.”

Jungah groaned again.

“I almost forgot about that.”

“Of course you would.”

“I think I’m going to mess this up.” Jungah said.

Luhan sighed from the other line.

“Mei, no you’re not going mess it up.”

Jungah’s brows furrowed briefly.

“..Luhan?”

“Yes, mei?”

“The other day, I was out and I heard some people talking,”

Luhan sat up, there was something different from her tone.

“What did you hear?”

Jungah hesitated and bit her lip.

“About me…being Kris’s wife, am…I really…worthy of him? I mean, ge, half of the time I don’t even know what I’m doing.”

Luhan’s thought went back to Yejin complaining to Jinhee about some people backbiting Jungah’s being different and not the right woman for Kris.

“Mei, they’re just jealous okay? You’re the one Kris chose, he loves you and asked you to marry him.”

“But~”

“No, I wont hear any buts. Just erase those things from your mind okay? You’re Jungah. My sister should never be affected by those lowlife backstabbing people.”

Jungah smiled from the other line.

“Thanks, Lule ge.”

 

“And the “ge” comes out.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++