5

Worlds Collide: The Aftermath

 

Kris followed as the two young ladies climbed the steps. His brows furrowed as he realized one thing.

Dahae was closed with the Xis, and she was good friends with Jungah.

For once, he hated the fact that his wife actually had female friends. He kept to himself as people started to crowd in the park.

He even debated whether to call Chanyeol or Yongguk or Daehyun or Kai or Youngjae or Junhong or~

“Wu Yifan?” Jungah glanced at him.

“I don’t think we can ride the cable car, the line is…way too long. Anyway, I need to use the restroom, stay with Dahae here.” Jungah said before leaving them in search for the comfort room.

 

Kris’s eyes followed Jungah as she walked to the crowd.

“So…how are you?” Dahae asked quietly.

“I’m doing great, you?”

“That’s good to hear, Kris. And congratulations on your marriage.” Dahae nodded without looking up.

“Thank you, Dahae.”

Dahae bit her lip.

“Are..you okay?” Kris asked.

“..Dont…ask me that.” Dahae replied. Kris looked away.

“Dahae, I was just~”

“Don’t.”

Then she looked up.

“I’m happy for you, you finally found the woman of your dreams, let’s leave it at that.” Her eyes were lined with tears, then she turned away from him.

 

Jungah came back and found her husband alone. She blinked.

“Where’s Dahae?”

“..She left.”

“Why? Were you being cold?” She asked.

“I think something came up, call her.” Kris said as they climbed the stairs together.

“I forgot to ask for her number.” Jungah frowned.

Kris nodded, feeling slightly thankful for that deep inside him.

“But, you’re a little…cold to her, Kris.” Jungah said as she glanced at him. Kris felt himself tense.

“I just met her.”

“You’re not like that with Yejin.”

“Yejin’s…..different.” Kris reasoned, Jungah shrugged.

Kris felt relief wash over him as Jungah let the topic at rest. Somehow he had a feeling that things were about to get bumpy.

“Should I show you that house at Hannamdong?”

 

 

“I don’t think I can do this.” Jungah eyed the plan warily.

“It’s just a party, mei.”

“Yes, a party wherein most of Seoul’s socialites attend and preen and prance and show off~”

Lay rolled his eyes at her.

“Is this how Lotte Corperation’s wife talks?”

“I married Kris, not his company.” She replied.

“It comes with the package.” Lay said.

“You make me sound like a gold digger.” She shuddered. Kris just let the two cousins talk. They were inside Jungah’s office, discussing about the Unicef Gala when Kris decided to drop by.

“I would not dare to offend you my dear mei mei.” Lay chuckled and pinched her cheek.

“Ew, get away from me unicorn.”

“So, did you tell Kris?” Lay asked casually, Jungah glared at her cousin.

“Tell me what?” Kris looked up.

“Whoops.” Lay grinned before hopping towards the door.

“See you later, mei.”

Jungah groaned as her cousin left the room, Kris looked at her questioningly.

“You see…” Junga started as she sat on his lap, Kris smiled and wrapped one arm around her waist.

“What do I see, Xi Feilin?”

“I might have to leave for China for two weeks.”

“Why?”

“Agung needs me there, and I don’t think it’s a bad idea to get to know the market at Beijing right?”

“So, you’re leaving me?” Kris smiled playfully.

“It’s an official business trip.” She said while frowning.

“I mean, that’s okay, right?” She faced him.

“You’re asking for permission?” Kris teased. Jungah made a face at him.

“It’s fine, babe.” He grinned at her.

“I was being serious.” She frowned. Kris smiled and nuzzled her neck.

“I know, I’m being serious too, you can go if you want to, agung’s expecting you.”

Then the doors suddenly opened.

Dahae froze.

“I—I’m sorry, I was~”

Jungah smiled as she stood up.

“I should be the one apologizing, office indecency?” She smiled. Kris looked away.

“I can come back later~”

 

“It’s fine, Dahae-ah, come in.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++