14

Worlds Collide: The Aftermath

 

 

 

Jungah’s fingers curled around the paper. She was inside the Xis’ private jet. She was needed. No, she needed to fly back. Whatever was on the paper made her decide in a short time.

She eyed the article again.

CONFIRMED! WU AND XI UNION BROKEN!

Beneath the large headline was a photo of Kris and Dahae in a lip lock.

 

Kris crossed his arms as he faced the glass windows behind his desk. He had been trying to contact Jungah, but no one could reach her, not even Agung.

His forehead creased as he remembered what happened last night.

Kris watched as Dahae downed all the contents of her glass, even Jinhee was getting worried.

“She’s seems to be drinking a lot.” Jinhee said. Kris just nodded and continued to talk with Jongup and Youngjae.

Then Dahae started to laugh boisterously, Yongguk who was standing in front of her grew alarmed. Jinhee looked around, Luhan and Lay were having a conversation with their aunt and uncle while Yejin was nowhere to be found.

“Let’s get her inside the house, Kris.” She stood up and looked at her brother-in-law. Kris nodded and followed her.

 

Jinhee made Dahae sit down on one of the wooden benches just by the front gates.

“I’ll ask the butler to get you some honey water.” Jinhee nodded as she started to walk towards the front door.

Kris looked at Dahae.

“You know…Kris…I tried…to forget you.”

Kris remained quiet and just sat beside her.

“You shouldn’t be drinking too much.”

“The reason why I chose to help my uncle here is you. I saw your marriage on the news.”

“I loved you, Kris.”

“It wasn’t love, Dahae. You wanted to possess me.”

“Kris~”

“You’re not thinking well, I should call~” Kris’s eyes widened as Dahae pulled him by the collar and planted her lips on his.

“I love you.” She whispered, Kris pushed her back and stood up.

“You’re crazy.” He spat before stalking back towards the house.

Kris sighed heavily. He needed to talk to Jungah, he didn’t care what others were saying, they didn’t matter to him. Jungah, he needed her. He wants to know where she is and if she’s safe.

His thoughts were halted when he heard someone step in his office.

 

Jungah stepped down from the jet and discreetly made her way towards the arrivals area. Then she hopped on one of the cabs.

She leaned back on the seat as the driver drove them straight to Seoul. She took off her sunglasses and bit her lip.

She didn’t know what to make of the article. But she believed that there was an explanation.

Why Kris and Dahae even kiss?

They don’t even know each other. Kris was even cold to Dahae.

It was impossible.

 

Kris turned and he tensed as Dahae stepped in his office.

“You’re not supposed to be here.”

“Kris, just leave her. She’s not worthy of you.” She shook her head.

“No, you should leave. Jungah is~”

“You don’t understand, you left me!”

“I had to, because you didn’t love me!” He snapped, Dahae strode to him.

“Just leave Jungah, Kris. You know…we both know,” Dahae’s palms were on his chest.

“You don’t love her, you just feel burdened because everyone told you to choose her.” Dahae said. Kris tried to pull away but Dahae just wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Dahae, let~”

The doors burst open for the second time.

Kris glanced at the doors and his heart crumbled as he read the expression on his wife’s face.

“Jungah, wait~”

 

Jungah shook her head without looking at him, then she left.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++